British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Poland Vs Rest Of The World

(copied from yahoo speedway group)

This year, the Polish national speedway team won the World Cup for the third time in a row . For several years the Polish riders

have been among the best in the world. Given the unique atmosphere at the events with Polish representatives, the Polish Automobile

Association in partnership with Sports Marketing One decided to organize on 16 October 2011 a speedway match featuring Poland vs

Rest of the World.

The Poland - Rest of the World match will be an excellent opportunity to test the strength of Polish riders and prove that it was

not by chance that there is no better speedway team in the world. It won't be easy. Before the Polish team lays a difficult

challenge - this time the Poles will have to face the star-studded team of world Speedway.

Place and the date of this match was not chosen by chance. Torun's Moto-Arena is the most modern speedway stadium in the world.

Torun is an ideal venue for organization of competitions at the highest level. There is a perfect viewing of the track from any the

spot in the stands.

The Marian Rose stadium was designed in such a way that the riders have opportunity to pass each other and as often as they can

throughout the entire length of a track. Moreover, recently built roof over Moto-Arena ensures that the organizers do not have to

worry about interruption of the meeting because of rain.

The match at Torun against the rest of the world is to sum up very exciting and successful season for the Polish speedway. In Torun

there will be opportunity to applaud the New Individual World Champion as well as the New U-21 Individual World Champion.

The Match will be held according to rules prevailing in the Polish Speedway Ekstra-Liga, some say - the best in the world.

Teams will consist of five seniors and two juniors, who will compete in fifteen races. What is new is the fact that in case of eight

or more points ahead of one of the teams, it will be possible to use "The Joker", by a team manager. His points will count double,

so the whole show should be even more attractive.

The line-ups

Rest of the world

01 GREG HANCOCK - USA

02 ANDREAS JONSSON - SWEDEN

03 CHRIS HOLDER - AUSTRALIA

04 NICKI PEDERSEN - DENMARK

05 ANTONIO LINDBAECK - SWEDEN (replacing Ryan Sullivan /injured/)

06 DARCY WARD - AUSTRALIA

07 MARTIN VACULIK - SLOVAKIA

Poland

09 TOMASZ GOLLOB

10 ADRIAN MIEDZINSKI

11 PIOTR PROTASIEWICZ

12 JANUSZ KOLODZIEJ

13 JAROSLAW HAMPEL

14 MACIEJ JANOWSKI

15 PRZEMYSLAW PAWLICKI

Hoping for a stream of this, could be a corker. Well done to those involved in organising this meeting.

Hoping for a stream of this, could be a corker. Well done to those involved in organising this meeting.

meeting Starts at 3.30pm uk time covered live by TVP starting at 3.15pm uk time so we should be ok to watch.

Edited by racers and royals

Will the Polish team be using 'Polish fast engines' to even things up ? Not that i'm a conspiracy theorist of course................:shock:

The rest of the world team will be managed by the legendary Per Jonsson

Per Jonsson, The 1990 individual speedway world champion whose riding career was abruptly interrupted in Poland by a spine injury

has always been fondly remembered in this speedway mad country, and in Torun, the club he rode for, he is simply adored until this

day. He was given an honoray citezenpship of this town and they even named a street after him, the street leading directly to the

most modern speedway stadium in the world.

When Polish Motor Union (PZM) came up with an idea of staging a challenge match featuring three time team world champions in a row

Poland vs Rest of the World, Per Jonsson was the natural choice as "the world" team manager.

Jonsson is extremely pleased with the Poles choice and is looking forward to coming to Torun once again.

I am incredibly excited every time I come to Torun. Whenever I'm here I am being met with fans' phenomenal kindness - it is

something indescribable. It's very edifying to know that so many people remember me, even though I don't ride enymore. I know that

there are now new idols, new heroes, and yet the whole time everyone welcome me here even so warm.. I look forward to the next

meeting with these wonderful fans! - admits Jonsson.

Former World Champion, this time is coming to Torun in an entirely new role. - I have received a proposal to manage the Rest of the

World speedway team in this event and I made the decision without hesitation. This is a huge honour for me, but also a challenge and

a robust test. I must admit that I feel a slight stress before this match. After all, I shall lead world's top riders gathered in

one team against the World team champions, who will have the support of thousands of Polish fans. It won't be an easy task, but I am

very pleased to be able to take part in this spectacle - he says.

He is happy with the selection of the team that he is to lead. - I have at my disposal riders that every team manager must be

dreaming of. It took me some time to determine the riding order as to optimally exploit the true potential of this "dream team".

This will be an exciting duel. - says Per Jonsson.

Here's is the final line-up of his team:

1st Greg Hancock

2nd Nicki Pedersen

3rd Andreas Jonsson

4th Antonio Lindbaeck

5th Chris Holder

6th Martin Vaculik

7th Darcy Ward

The newly crowned World Champion - Greg Hancock will ride in pair with Nicki Pedersen, who with his spectacular rides

always provides plenty of excitement for every fan.- I am counting on the experience of these riders. Greg just had a fantastic

season and for the second time in his career won the world title, and Nicki did this three times in his career. The last performance

of the Dane in Torun tells me that, together with Greg he will make a strong pair. I'm very curious how the two will work together -

Rest of the World manager explains.

The two compatriots of Per Jonsson, world no. 2, Andreas Jonsson and Antonio Lindbaeck , who takes place of injured Australian Ryan

Sullivan will make the second pair.. - I am sure they will do their best at Torun's track. I have no doubt that the choice of

Antonio, who did a great Grand Prix in Torun was a good move - says the Swede.

Rest of the World team manager counts on a spectacular and effective ride from his third pairing of Chris Holder and Darcy Ward. -

When it came to Chris and Darcy the decision was easy The two young Australians understand each other perfectly on and off the

track. They have proved that, not once, not twice, starting in the Elite League for Poole Pirates. Their opponents will have many

problems with this pair. Both are also very familiar with Torun's Moto Arena; Chris races on the Torun's track in the Polish

ExtraLiga, while Darcy also on the Torun's books, took third place at the recent Polish Grand Prix in Torun and had fantastic season

on loan to Gdansk. Topping the 1st Division's averages, ahead of Emil Sayfutdinov. I am convinced that they won't disappoint me,

and this go also for Slovakian U-21 Martin Vaculik who in the Polish League is very effective.

sportowefakty.pl

I saw Per win his World Final at Bradford (was there ever a better race than when Shawn Moran beat him ?) and his title was richly desreved. I also saw him on the Monday following at Wolverhampton when he paraded the trophy. Per is one of those constant reminders of how dangerous a sport it is and how we can NEVER pay them enough for entertaining us.I've seen Per commentating on the Canal+ Elitserien coverage and look forward to seeing him again next weekend. What a fabulous meeting it is shaping up to be. Regards. Alan.

There are links for this here... Polska v Reszta Swiata

Time is at 16:30 today. (Don't know what time that is ? Could be an hour or two sooner... 15:30 UK time or something :unsure: )

Will keep an eye out and if the stream starts I will modify this post with link.

There are links for this here... Polska v Reszta Swiata

Time is at 16:30 today. (Don't know what time that is ? Could be an hour or two sooner... 15:30 UK time or something :unsure: )

Will keep an eye out and if the stream starts I will modify this post with link.

do not panic it is tomorrow SUNDAY 16th holder and ward might be good but they cannot be in two places at once

do not panic it is tomorrow SUNDAY 16th holder and ward might be good but they cannot be in two places at once

:oops:

:lol: