Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mummycaz

Bernie Klatt Memorial Trophy - 16th October 2011 - Mildenhall Speedway

Heeps was very lucky in the Morley incident but he had nothing to do with Roynon falling, he fell on his own.!

Try telling that to Roynon he wont agree and yes the Morley incident was far worse..

Certainly knows how to take riders out just ride through their front wheels as Morley and Roynon found out to their cost.. Two more appalling decisions from ref Barbara Horley (one of the current crop of poor refs . ) which gifted Heeps the meeting,,,sure hes going to be a top rider, but he is reckless, and will have to learn how to take, what he dishes out in the Premier league next year...Dont get me wrong at 15 hes an outstanding prospect,,But today he was lucky with the decisions.....

could agree wiht you more in my eyes there seems to be one rider in the team not six.does anybody know how jack hargreaves is .have been on mildenhall web page but no news as I expected just news about the winner yes gess who?

could agree wiht you more in my eyes there seems to be one rider in the team not six.does anybody know how jack hargreaves is .have been on mildenhall web page but no news as I expected just news about the winner yes gess who?

[/qu

Apart from this statement----- The only downside for Mildenhall was an injury to skipper Jack Hargreaves, who crashed in the opening heat and had to withdraw from the meeting. "Jack hurt his hip, but we won't know how bad it is until tomorrow (Monday) at the earliest

So i would say they have mentioned it?

Edited by Damon

Certainly knows how to take riders out just ride through their front wheels as Morley and Roynon found out to their cost.. Two more appalling decisions from ref Barbara Horley (one of the current crop of poor refs . ) which gifted Heeps the meeting,,,sure hes going to be a top rider, but he is reckless, and will have to learn how to take, what he dishes out in the Premier league next year...Dont get me wrong at 15 hes an outstanding prospect,,But today he was lucky with the decisions.....

Get rid of them,female refs i mean, nothing against women but i dont think they have the sort of motorcycle knowledge required.

We have one here in Aus and shes the same.

Hope the smiley from Cardinal Sin wasnt approval of one rider taking another out.

Junior

What a great meeting this was, in my opinion the National league is so much more exciting than the premier league down the road at Ipswich. Cameron Heeps is something else, at just 15 years old he can beat riders who have been riding years and win this individual meeting with great aplomb. Surely another Darcy Ward in the offing and Im sure if staying away from injury will be a gp rider by the time he is 20 years old. The 3 man promotional team have done wonders this season in providing the tigers fans with a very competitive team that looks like it might do the double. Shame Lee and Jolly are not joint Witches promoters with Louis, then who knows might be back in the elite league with a great team.

Get rid of them,female refs i mean, nothing against women but i dont think they have the sort of motorcycle knowledge required.

Junior

Hear! Hear! Spot-on :t:

Nothing like putting pressure on the lad :D I don't really understand you dissatisfaction with the Witches though, its a good possibility that they will finish 2nd in their first year back in the second division and popular opinion is that the racing has been pretty good at the Foxhole this year. Not doing too badly I'd say.

Nothing like putting pressure on the lad :D I don't really understand you dissatisfaction with the Witches though, its a good possibility that they will finish 2nd in their first year back in the second division and popular opinion is that the racing has been pretty good at the Foxhole this year. Not doing too badly I'd say.

Let me explain Bagpuss. Who remember teams who finish 2nd - nobody. Witches were dumped out of the cup with no fight at all. Witches had injuries and no replacement signed until it was too late. Underperforming riders all season have not been replaced so costing the Witches dear. A few meetings have been entertaining but most have been a walk in the park with visiting riders tailing off half a lap behind. Only paying a paltry £1 less than 2010 elite league prices and still a programme at £2.

Im not alone with my opinions, just ask the 1,000 fans who no longer go after the novelty wore off.

Hope the smiley from Cardinal Sin wasnt approval of one rider taking another out.

Junior

Don't be a prat of course it wasn't :rolleyes:

Junior

Ah yes, because all the male referees get the decisions right all the time, and clearly all have in-depth motorcycle knowledge...

Ah yes, because all the male referees get the decisions right all the time, and clearly all have in-depth motorcycle knowledge...

To be honest there are some pretty bad male refs as well..But none in the class of Babs Horley...consistantly very poor..

Isn't Heeps still only 15 years old? Of course he's going to be raw and make mistakes. I believe he's only this year started riding 500cc machines from 250. Seems some people expect the kid to be riding like a seasoned pro already.

For whatever reason, the knives have been out for the lad ever since he set foot in this country which is a bit sad really.

On the sunject of refs, I personally think over the course of a season you win some, you lose some, and it all ends up about right. I've been involved in all manner of sports over the years and there,s good refs and bad refs in all sports, I even had a go at football reffing for one season after I stopped playing, never again !.

But my question is this, in football and probably other sports, refereees are marked by both sides, amd those marks are forwarded to the sports local governing body, they are also asessed by senior refs once or twice a season and then promoted to higher leagues if they hit a good standard over a period of time, does anything like this happen in speedway ? or is it whoever is available on any given day to travel to a fixture ?.

Of course there are bad male referees, but if there is say 2 female refs, are any of them any good, where as there

might be 20 male refs and a cpl of bad ones.

As for Cam, dont put too much pressure on him, i read someone saying hes going to be better than Darcy Ward, cmon he beat

a field of National League riders and didnt exactly win in a canter he didnt even win every race, so give him time.

Junior

Just seen the Heeps / Morley race on the BSPA website....looked to me like Heeps was just at fault but a difficult one to call as it wasn't really clear cut.