British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

This is from Dave Goddards Twitter feed last Thursday.

Right, as I've had people asking for months about the live Speedway coverage on Premier Sports/Freesports, I think it's finally time to respond.

The reason I have not been commentating on the live Polish League meetings so far this year is because, due to them now being covered live, I am unable to travel to the studio and commentate due to my various car racing commitments.

Therefore a new commentator has had to be brought in to cover them, and he is learning the job as he goes as he is new to speedway.

I will however be covering the Swedish Elitserien live on Tuesday evenings this summer, beginning on May 8th (my birthday) and when the new commentator is not available will cover some of the Polish matches delayed. So international speedway has not lost my services!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Do we know what match is on Premier a week today ?

Just asked Dave Goddard and he says he sometimes doesn't find out until the actual day of the meeting??

9 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Just asked Dave Goddard and he says he sometimes doesn't find out until the actual day of the meeting??

That`s not been the case with Sweden when C More showed it- as we always knew days before.

I have seen rumors that it will be Västervik - Indianerna but afaik it's not confirmed. 

Live Speedway is on the Sky Planner for 6pm Premier Sports next Tuesday so looks positive. 

First showing on Freesports is 9pm on Thursday. The following week it's Wednesday at 10pm so it looks like the pattern is going to be live on Premier then one or two days' delay on Freesports. 

Västervik's Maksims Bogdanovs is injured and will temporarily be replaced by Oskar Fajfer.

Smederna will live stream a youth meeting on their Facebook page at 11. 00 Swedish time today. 

Some transfer rumours based on this article.
Smederna, Indianerna and Rospiggarna will not make any changes.
Dackarna might have to replace Gomolski since he is rumoured to want to leave. Joel Andersson at Masarna might be available.
Vetlanda might not make any changes unless a special riders becomes available (Emil?) they might
also be interested in acquiring a rider from another team.
Lejonen will put Hampel into the team, it's unknown who they'll kick out, possibly Frederik Jakobsen.
Masarna unknown. They might let go of one of their expensive riders since they said before the season that the sponsorship income was lower the needed for this season.
Västervik, unknown if they will keep Nicki or if they replace him with Zagar.

Smederna's track has been equipped with a 35m long LED sign on the inner field.

Edited by Ghostwalker