British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

Patrick Hougaard have signed with Griparna and will be added to the squad when the transfer windows opens.

I'm just about to book in some meetings in Sweden in the week prioir to the Copenhagen GP (which I had planned to go to anyway). This is likely to include two visits to Vetlanda on consecutive days (5 and 6 June) for the match against Piraterna and then the Swedish National Championships. I was just wondering if there was any danger that the league match might be held some other time given the proximity of the meetings. Any thoughts from our Swedish friends would be most appreciated.

I'm just about to book in some meetings in Sweden in the week prioir to the Copenhagen GP (which I had planned to go to anyway). This is likely to include two visits to Vetlanda on consecutive days (5 and 6 June) for the match against Piraterna and then the Swedish National Championships. I was just wondering if there was any danger that the league match might be held some other time given the proximity of the meetings. Any thoughts from our Swedish friends would be most appreciated.

No once dates are set, they are set. The only factor you have to worry about is the weather.;)

No once dates are set, they are set. The only factor you have to worry about is the weather. ;)

Thanks GW - hopefully the following meetings in half-term week for me then (subject to weather of course):-

Tuesday 5 June Elit Vetlanda v Piraterna

Wednesday 6 June Vetlanda - Swedish National Championships

Thursday 7 June Lejonen v Rospiggarna

Friday 8 June ?

Saturday 9 June Copenhagen - GP

A heads up though is that June 6th is a public holiday with all that comes with it.

So expect more limited opening hours and etc...

No once dates are set, they are set. The only factor you have to worry about is the weather. ;)

Not in here quite as often as usual, but as Ghostwalker says, the dates are set. It's unfortunate that the meetings are on consecutive nights, as we (Vetlanda) as hosts would have preferred a league meeting away from home on that Tuesday, but the choices were limited so...

Ove Fundin will be honoured with a statue in his hometown Tranås.

http://www.tranas-po...?article_ID=488

http://www.tranas-po.../1326843320.jpg

Richly deserved honour. I won't get into the old chestnut of "The Greatest Ever" since everyone is entitled to their opinion. However he is certainly the rider i wouldn't have wanted on my exhaust pipe, had i been on the track instead of safely on the terraces. Thank you for all the great memories Ove.

Regards to all and roll on the spring.! Alan.

2012-03-02 Update:

Due to that Lejonen have been thrown out from Allsvenskan due to financial issues the schedule

for this years Allsvenskan will have to be re-worked. Therefore the dates are no longer valid.

New dates will be released within a few days.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Article about the the new track that is being built just outside Visby, at Hejdeby on Gotland.

The aim/hope is to have the 80cc track ready for the summer and with this be able to keep the club alive.

The space that Bysarna's old track called Galgberget (Swedish equivalent of Gallows Hill) was built on, was "needed"

for a new residential area ( if i remeber.

Currently Bysarna cannot afford to build a new 500cc track as well since its costs an additional 800'000 to 1'000'000 GBP.

Hopefully one day we will get to see 500cc bikes roaring around as well.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=94&artikel=5005257