British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

IMO, very few of them actually add any value to the league. Janowski, Dudek, Zmarzlik, Wozniak and Pawlickis and Protasiewicz fine, they add something to the league but the rest no not really.

Swedish teams and many fans usually claim that Elitserien is not a place to develop talents but at the same time they have no problem bringing in any foreign talent they can find,

pretty much a perfect definition of double standards or of throwing stones in a glass house.

What about Drabik and Woryna??

Well there was an article earlier in the year saying that Zmarlik uses Sweden to test his equipment. Says a lot about the league really. At least you cant do that in the UK because of travel.

But Timo Lahti is so popular on the continent. Swedish teams really wanted him and extraliga teams yet it England is good at number 6. Partly because he did not bring over his good bikes.

What about Drabik and Woryna??

Well there was an article earlier in the year saying that Zmarlik uses Sweden to test his equipment. Says a lot about the league really. At least you cant do that in the UK because of travel.

But Timo Lahti is so popular on the continent. Swedish teams really wanted him and extraliga teams yet it England is good at number 6. Partly because he did not bring over his good bikes.

Drabik and Woryna? we'll see about them but they are still young and not established reliable heatleaders yet.

"ell there was an article earlier in the year saying that Zmarlik uses Sweden to test his equipment." perhaps but he is doing a very good job with his testing then:

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Elitserien2017/Rankinglista/

Couple of years ago there was a big article on Walasek where he said that Sweden was "no pressure speedway" for him. A swedish journalist followed him from sunday Morning to wednesday or similar. He did an Ekstraliga meeting on sunday and then travelled to Sweden for the Elitserien meeting and had a few drinks the night before... It was all in the interview that in some parts I found too revealing.

Nässjö have announced that they will take the step up to Allsvenskan for 2018. They will get support by Dackarna, Elit Vetlanda and Lejonen.

They will also have a Div 1 team called Brassarna.

https://www.facebook.com/nassjospeedwayklubb/posts/1451858808264343

http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/sverige/allsvenskan/nassjo-tar-klivet-upp-i-allsvenskan/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Artem Laguta and Rasmus Jensen and another swede sign for Vetlanda.

Kasper Lykke Nielsen and Rasmus Jensen are both Danish.

Kasper Lykke Nielsen and Rasmus Jensen are both Danish.

Ahh i thought Kasper was Swedish. Did not see the Nielsen part of his name.

Ahh i thought Kasper was Swedish. Did not see the Nielsen part of his name.

Swedish names are rarely spelled with kk but rather ck. so as a rule of thumb, you can assume that a person with a double k

in the name is Danish, Norwegian or possibly Finnish.

Another example is Mikkel Michelsen.

Sorry for the offtopic. I see that you have disscused something about differences in swedish and danish names. Now i have question for Ghostwalker. I've noticed that danish surnames finish with "-sen" and swedish with "-son". Example: danish: IverSEN, PederSEN, MichelSEN...

Swedish: JonsSON, RickardasSON...

Are there any swedish surnames which end with "-sen" and danish with "-son" ?

Sorry for the offtopic. I see that you have disscused something about differences in swedish and danish names. Now i have question for Ghostwalker.

I've noticed that danish surnames finish with "-sen" and swedish with "-son". Example: danish: IverSEN, PederSEN, MichelSEN...

Swedish: JonsSON, RickardasSON...

Are there any swedish surnames which end with "-sen" and danish with "-son" ?

There are Petersén and af Petersens which are Swedish names. I don't know if there are any Danish -sson names.

There are Petersén and af Petersens which are Swedish names. I don't know if there are any Danish -sson names...and

...and Jimmy Nilsen, Swedish GP rider in the 90's and early 2000's and one time silver medalist.

...and Jimmy Nilsen, Swedish GP rider in the 90's and early 2000's and one time silver medalist.

Jimmy is Swedish but it's a Norwegian/Danish name.

There are Petersén and af Petersens which are Swedish names. I don't know if there are any Danish -sson names.

That is important.You have to allow for the fact someones forefathers might have moved to a country.So it might be possible to find Danish people with -sson,but it doesn't mean that is a Danish spelling.Just like Hampel is a Germanic name or further back Glücklich. And Smolinski is a polish name

Edited by iris123