British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

Peter Ljung, Victor Palovaara, Filip Hjelmland, Alexander Woentin and Lucas Woentin signed with Vetlanda.

Rohan Tungate stays with Lejonen.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Vastervik have signed Vadim Tarasenko for 2021.

Vadim gets the entrance cut 1,254
Other drivers under contract 2021:
Jason Doyle 1,865
Jack Holder 1,771
Bartosz Smektala 1,571
Viktor Kulakov 1,556
Jaimon Lidsey 1,250
Mads Hansen 1,250
Linus Sundström 1,192
Anton Karlsson 0,500
Noel Wahlqvist 0,500
Edited by racers and royals

What's happened to the Swedish league?? 

Looking at signings so far it looks in rapid decline in rider standards. Is that a fair opinion?? 

Is it a conscious decision by clubs over Covid threats or has it been a gradual trend similar to the British league with declining spectator & financial income etc.

52 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Looking at signings so far it looks in rapid decline in rider standards. Is that a fair opinion?? 

Is it a conscious decision by clubs over Covid threats or has it been a gradual trend similar to the British league with declining spectator & financial income etc.

Just above your post is a team that looks pretty good, so what you on about?

But generally yes, Sweden is in decline like all the rest of us.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Eskilstuna Smederna have announced that Alekandsr Loktaev, Daniel Kaczmarek and Johannes Stark have all signed for 2021.

No too impressed with Kaczmarek signing, gives me the impression of a Polish filler who's place better could be spent on a younger Swedish rider.

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Maybe, maybe not. I just don't think the clubs/riders are in that much of a rush since the deadline is still 3,5 months away. They have more time to
secure sponsorship and etc so I think it's a bit early yet to draw any conclusions. I think some teams might be a bit cautious due to Covid-19/more restricted
budget due to the 2020-season but we also don't really know where things regarding the ban from the Ekstraliga clubs will develop. 

Edited by Ghostwalker

WILL Doyle ride in Sweden? Has signed for Leszno and keeps stating that he will ride for Swindon. His wife and family are in England. Might be a factor. 

32 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WILL Doyle ride in Sweden? Has signed for Leszno and keeps stating that he will ride for Swindon. His wife and family are in England. Might be a factor. 

I don't know but he signed with Västervik so I assume that he will.