British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

Smederna have signed Krzysztof Buczkowski and the squad is now complete. Buczek is mainly intended to be used
in case of injuries and is not initially considered for a place among the 5 regular positions. Can't say that I am particular
thrilled about him (or Daniel Kczmarek for that matter).

https://www.eskilstunasmederna.se/artikel/zslnaklhy-21m61/tuff-trotjanare-tillbaka-i-eskilstuna-smederna

Edited by Ghostwalker

Transfer windows is now closed (closed at 23.59 yesterday) and all squads are complete and updated (Elitserien).

Edited by Ghostwalker

Vetlanda lagcup which was intended to be held 16th -17th April has been postponed. It has not been decided yet if it will be held at a later date this year or if it will be cancelled for 2021.

Edited by Ghostwalker

20 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Vetlanda's team manager Mikael Karlsson steps down due to him getting a new job. Conny Ivarsson will replace him.

https://vimmerbytidning.se/nyheter/artikel/skrallen-mikael-karlsson-lamnar-vetlanda-speedway/j8633ppr

A new job as the manager for speedway/grasstrack/iceracing section of Svemo.

https://www.oskarshamns-nytt.se/mikael-kraka-karlsson-far-nytt-jobb/

16 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Tony Olsson has moved to a new position with SVEMO

He has indeed RR, and I have no doubt that he will do a very good job at that too. He is very excited about the challenge that lies ahead. The below is a Google translate of the Svemo article:

Tony has for about 19 years in various ways had assignments within Svemo, mainly within Track Racing. Now he has the opportunity to contribute with his experiences and get to develop in a new role within Svemo.
UPDATED: 21 JAN 2021 14:06

During the winter, Svemo has announced a new position where we are looking for a person who can be responsible and coordinate project and safety work within Svemo. After careful selection, they chose to appoint Tony to this position.

Why did you choose to apply for this position?

- For the past 43 years, I have been involved in the speedway sport, first as a driver, then as a leader which in turn led to a job at Svemo, says Tony and continues.

- I am very privileged and grateful that I have had the opportunity to work full time with my "hobby" even after my active career, not many people get that opportunity but after all these years I feel it is time for a new challenge. So when the position Coordinator Project & Security was announced, it felt like an exciting challenge that I look forward to taking.

What is your background in Svemo?

- I started as a non-profit national team leader for the Speedway juniors in 1999, I then got a full-time position in June 2002 which I had until 2009 when I left Svemo to start working at FIM as Race Director for the Speedway Grand Prix and World Cup. In 2013, I started working part-time at Svemo again in parallel with my job at FIM, so that in the autumn of 2014 I would once again be the full-time job I have today.

What are your expectations for your new assignment?

- I look forward to the new challenge, I have always worked directly towards the sports business and with the new position I get the opportunity to continue working with sports, but in a different role and it will be exciting.

When do you start your new assignment?

- The assignment starts on March 1, but I will of course help with the Track Racing business until a replacement is in place, even if it will be a bit at half speed, Tony concludes.

Edited by rusky
  • Like 2

Looks as if the Swedish season is delayed by 1 month from May to June- Google translation of Swedish article

It has been teased and teased about it. Now the ESS has also made a final decision that the premiere in the Bauhaus league can not be held on May 4.

"A proposal has now been approved by the clubs, as well as the Svemo association, which means that the start of the season is postponed by one month to create the opportunity for a sporty and functional season," said ESS chairman Mikael Holmstrand in a press release on Tuesday.

The audience issue has long been and still is an important aspect for the clubs in the league. About a month ago, hope was kindled a bit when the Minister of Sports announced that audiences would be allowed on a small scale from the premiere of the football hall Swedish this past weekend. That did not happen.

“There are many parameters to take into account, but we now believe that the dialogue between sports and the government and the vaccination development is positive enough to dare to set the start date only four weeks ahead of the original idea. The extra time makes a difference for us. It is important for us to be able to carry out a complete season this year with regard to sponsors, TV partners and supporters. The first of June we go, ”Holmstrand concludes.

This means that Dackarna's premiere date is now 1 June. Then you meet Västervik at home at Skrotfrag Arena. Målilla's second match is also at home, when you welcome Masarna 8 June. The away premiere is nine days later against the Lions.