British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Mildenhall

So, the KoC comes to a head this weekend, with the second leg at Stoke sandwiched between the play-off final. What a massive weekend for Mildenhall fans (Though, no offence, I hope you go away empty handed from Stoke!)

Stoke trail by 8 after the first leg, and given that Mildenhall won here a matter of weeks ago, they must be confident. However, Stoke got a good practice in last week against a strong Birmingham team, and that should stand them in good stead for this meeting.

Teams are yet to be confirmed, with Stoke looking for guests for both Gareth Isherwood at reserve and Simon Lambert at number 1, and injury concerns for Mildenhall over Jack Hargreaves, who withdrew from the Bernie Klatt meeting on Sunday.

So, any Mildenhall fans making the trip down? Hopefully there will be a big contingent and the atmosphere will be one that the final deserves.

Not going for a prediction, I just hope that Stoke win by 20 :P

Certainly hope to be there Vog. Believe there is a coach full coming as well, so there should be a good atmosphere.

For Mildenhall it has all come down to this weekend, we could win all, something or nothing :) Whatever it has been a great season and a major leap forward on recent times :approve:

Difficult one to call, as were the other three recent meetings between the two teams! Will eight points be a big enough lead? Fingers crossed!

I will be there to cheer on my Tigers lets hope they win. Looking forward to it

"So, any Mildenhall fans making the trip down? Hopefully there will be a big contingent and the atmosphere will be one that the final deserves."

Yep, we are bringing a coach of 53 Mildenhall Supporters, plus there are a number of supporters coming up by car. Should be a cracking meeting. Really looking forward to it.

So, the KoC comes to a head this weekend, with the second leg at Stoke sandwiched between the play-off final. What a massive weekend for Mildenhall fans (Though, no offence, I hope you go away empty handed from Stoke!)

Stoke trail by 8 after the first leg, and given that Mildenhall won here a matter of weeks ago, they must be confident. However, Stoke got a good practice in last week against a strong Birmingham team, and that should stand them in good stead for this meeting.

Teams are yet to be confirmed, with Stoke looking for guests for both Gareth Isherwood at reserve and Simon Lambert at number 1, and injury concerns for Mildenhall over Jack Hargreaves, who withdrew from the Bernie Klatt meeting on Sunday.

So, any Mildenhall fans making the trip down? Hopefully there will be a big contingent and the atmosphere will be one that the final deserves.

Not going for a prediction, I just hope that Stoke win by 20 :P

Teams now confirmed and on the Stoke website

not sure garritys record at stoke this year is very good,seen him on a couple of occasions and he hasnt won a race.hope he comes up with the goods on saturday.

not sure garritys record at stoke this year is very good,seen him on a couple of occasions and he hasnt won a race.hope he comes up with the goods on saturday.

Hope he doesn't :wink:

You had a change of heart, as recently you were never going again?

Kev

Certainly hope to be there Vog. Believe there is a coach full coming as well, so there should be a good atmosphere.

For Mildenhall it has all come down to this weekend, we could win all, something or nothing :) Whatever it has been a great season and a major leap forward on recent times :approve:

Difficult one to call, as were the other three recent meetings between the two teams! Will eight points be a big enough lead? Fingers crossed!

Tough one to call m8, not sure on Malcolm's thoughts on us having a slow start though - I thought 1 - 5's were the norm in the early heats:shock:

Both Stoke and Scunny have very strong sides, but we have the solid unit with a great team spirit that up to now has pulled us through against the odds. For Tigers I think Dan Halsey could be the key to winning or losing, last couple of meetings he has been flying and also the real JJ turning up and doing what we know he can do.

Big ask for the riders and machinery over three solid days, hopefully the boys stay injury free and we couldn't hope for better people to support the riders in the pits

Hopefully great weekend ahead and weather looking good, no matter what we have a had a brilliant season and sure the buys will be giving it 100% - the silverware would be great but most important is the strides forward the club has made that will keep us not just running but also growing in seasons to come.

Kev

Hope he doesn't :wink:

You had a change of heart, as recently you were never going again?

Kev

yes had a change of heart,cant stay away .

Surprised at that one. Never easy getting guests (especially to replace Lambert) but when I saw Garrity for Belle Vue at Loomer Road he was distinctly unimpressive.

With respect to Greenwood (and I recognise that replacing a reserve is even more of a nightmare) Mildenhall could have a field day at the bottom end.

Fen Tigers to take the KO cup for me.

Surprised at that one. Never easy getting guests (especially to replace Lambert) but when I saw Garrity for Belle Vue at Loomer Road he was distinctly unimpressive.

With respect to Greenwood (and I recognise that replacing a reserve is even more of a nightmare) Mildenhall could have a field day at the bottom end.

Fen Tigers to take the KO cup for me.

Having said that Ben Reade scored 7 points in both matches in the play off if he can do the same then it may well be close a lot depends on the top five firing when guesting in Stoke colours early in the season he scored double figures on both occasions

Edited by Derek 613

First of all, the weather, it is a good forcast with no rain forcast, the meeting itself, i think without Lambert and Isherwood this will cost Stoke, though i just love to watch Garrity, i think Stoke will win, but not by enough maybe 4 to 6 points, good luck to all the riders, and stay safe.

First of all, the weather, it is a good forcast with no rain forcast, the meeting itself, i think without Lambert and Isherwood this will cost Stoke, though i just love to watch Garrity, i think Stoke will win, but not by enough maybe 4 to 6 points, good luck to all the riders, and stay safe.

Exactly what I was going to say, so I won't bother. Hope I'm wrong...usually am!!