British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Mildenhall

Not the best of meetings but better than the play off match a few weeks ago. Stoke were badly hit by injuries but i dont think they would have won on the night even if all riders had been available such has been their drop in form - they are a shadow of the team that topped the table right now. Take nothing away from mildenhall though. They bounced back from the previous nights beating superbly and may even still be in with a shout this afternoon. I am especially pleased for all those at west row who stuck with the club through the dark days of the last few seasons ( phil k, troy & nicola, dick h, tim & carol, dennis w, norwichkev and more). They deserve it for their loyalty through some tough times and even the most biased member of the opposition could not begrudge them a bit of success. Commiserations to stoke. You were equally deserving but someone had to be beaten here

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Special mention for the Stoke promotion for putting on a great trophy presentation.

We're not Poole :rolleyes:

Anyway congratulations for the Mildenhall management and team on their victory last night they were the better team on the night and deserved the win and good luck to them against Scunthorpe/Sheffield this afternoon.

Congratulations to Mildenhall.

From a Stoke perspective, we never coped with losing Lambert and Isherwood. But, more than that, the track was awful. Slick as a board against a Mildenhall team who had come here 3 weeks ago and beaten us from the gate. Lunacy.

End of the season. Had you, at the beginning of the season, offered me top of the league, win the pairs, KoC final...I'd have taken it. The last 3 weeks just leave me disappointed! Still, be back next season, hopefully to go one better!

Firstly well done to everyone at Mildenhall. The riders did really well to recover from their defeat at Scunthorpe the previous night. This is the second time this season the track has benefited the oposition. Firstly in the fours and last night. A Stoke team full of racers with no dirt to race on. Mildenhall were sharper out the gates. In Premier League rules we would have been entitled to a guest for Gareth. Why is National League different? Cant take anything away from Mildenhall though and a big thankyou to all the Potters riders this year for a great season.

Not the best of meetings but better than the play off match a few weeks ago. Stoke were badly hit by injuries but i dont think they would have won on the night even if all riders had been available such has been their drop in form - they are a shadow of the team that topped the table right now. Take nothing away from mildenhall though. They bounced back from the previous nights beating superbly and may even still be in with a shout this afternoon. I am especially pleased for all those at west row who stuck with the club through the dark days of the last few seasons ( phil k, troy & nicola, dick h, tim & carol, dennis w, norwichkev and more). They deserve it for their loyalty through some tough times and even the most biased member of the opposition could not begrudge them a bit of success. Commiserations to stoke. You were equally deserving but someone had to be beaten here

Quite true that it was not quite the best of meetings and you are probably right that Stoke would not of won with Simon and Gareth in the team but It would of brought the scores closer to extend the interest in the meeting and might of also brought the most unlikely of wins off. Not sure that Mildenhall can turn it around this afternoon; probably as likely as Stoke winning last night; as for me Scunsheff or whatever you want to call them are by far the best team in the league when they can select the team they want, with the success of their riders this season rewarding them with Premier rides, it has left them short in some meetings. Well done to Mildenhall, well deserving of their win and if we can take any consolation from this year it's the developement of the younger riders in the team, the riding of the experienced riders; the pairs and we did finish top of the league regardless of the money spinning roundabout "playoffs" to decide the "winners" of a league. Good luck to all the riders in the meeting this afternoon and looking forward to next season already.

Edited by Steeplejack

I was surprised that the track was so slick last night I too had expected it to be monstrously deep. What team we had, battled hard but they had obviously forgotten to bring their gating gloves which played into the Tigers hands.

Sounded like good banter in the crowd from the centre green, couldn't hear the fan on the megaphone to tell what he was saying, and George seemed to be mixing it up on the terraces :)

Shame to come away with nothing but the Pairs this season, I think with Simon last night we might just have sneaked it.

Still we live to fight another day, be interesting to see if we stay NL next year, from a business perspective if PL doesn't increase the gate considerably and the wages are more then I guess we have the answer ;)

Don't forget the end of season bash @ Holditch Club on Fri 4th November @ 7.30pm with Disco, Karaoke and Rider Interviews.

Finally thanks for the opportunity at Stoke this season and your input into how the new presentation has been received, hope to be back in 2012. Up the Potters :)

Edited by Superbart

Well done to Milldenhall for there win.

Pleased that Robert got to play a small part in it.

Cheers Chopper

Is Rob still in UK Chopper ?? If so can he call me please. Sent him text but had no reply.

ta mate!! Laurence

Great evening in the Potteries.

After friday night the team bounced back and did the business.

Back in early February I certainly couldn't have imagined a season like we have experienced :approve: Great effort by all involved to turn the club around. Brilliant to see so many supporters making the trip last night, and as Wag says respect to Stoke for putting on an excellent trophy presentation.

Good to meet Vog and Bluejam, some excellent between heats banter Dean, Speedway, Real Ale and Punk rock quality mate :lol:

First of all i,d like to say, about last nights meeting,stoke never got out of the gate, and what a poor show from Garrett as a guest, lambo would have been in double figures, didn't seem that bothered to me, secondly stoke,s injuries have all occurred against mildenhall,so what does that tell you, and what Heep's did to atkin was well out of order, rode straight thought him,and when atkin eventually returned to the pits was in total agony with is knee,and the medical staff where round him checking him out. Hargreaves stood there laughing, crabby told him go away in jerky movements.and the silly sod with the camera on the forth turn,are well. both stoke riders thought the red lights had come on so they slowed down, not a good meeting for stoke at all. never mind there's always next season.

Well done to the Fen Tigers last night they all rode well great team performance and hoping Jack not feeling too much pain today nothin would keep him down. Big loss for Stoke losing Lambert but I still think if he was there we still could have done it.

Great travelling support as always, pleased I made the long drive. Us Tigers know how to party lol :cheers:

What a weekend from the depths of Friday at Scunthorpe to the heights of last night at Stoke. A truly awesome performance by every man woman and child involved with the club. Feel like a Shetland pony this morning (a little horse :oops: ) but what a weekend. Everyone is so proud of what Mildenhall speedway have achieved this season and how far they have come in the last few months when it looked as if speedway might be lost to West Row.

Whatever the result, lets enjoy today and make it a party atmosphere at West Row and who knows what could happen? Its a funny old game....

Great evening in the Potteries.

After friday night the team bounced back and did the business.

Back in early February I certainly couldn't have imagined a season like we have experienced :approve: Great effort by all involved to turn the club around. Brilliant to see so many supporters making the trip last night, and as Wag says respect to Stoke for putting on an excellent trophy presentation.

Good to meet Vog and Bluejam, some excellent between heats banter Dean, Speedway, Real Ale and Punk rock quality mate :lol:

It was a quality evening indeed Phil and an absolute pleasure to meet up with you for the 1st time.Could have talked for hours and hours last night.Many congratulations to the Mildenhall Fen Tigers on winning the NLKOC.After a few years in the doldrums and periods of uncertainty,things are certainly on the up for the Fen Tigers.Big thumbs up to all the Fen Tiger supporters who made the journey up to the Potteries.They certainly know how to get behind their team,which made for a cracking atmosphere.Well done to all. :wink:

First of all i,d like to say, about last nights meeting,stoke never got out of the gate, and what a poor show from Garrett as a guest, lambo would have been in double figures, didn't seem that bothered to me, secondly stoke,s injuries have all occurred against mildenhall,so what does that tell you, and what Heep's did to atkin was well out of order, rode straight thought him,and when atkin eventually returned to the pits was in total agony with is knee,and the medical staff where round him checking him out. Hargreaves stood there laughing, crabby told him go away in jerky movements.and the silly sod with the camera on the forth turn,are well. both stoke riders thought the red lights had come on so they slowed down, not a good meeting for stoke at all. never mind there's always next season.

Lambert injured in PL match at Plymouth, Isherwood injured when he had ef coming out of 2nd bend and Mildy reserve behind him had nowhere to go but into his arse end. So not sure what you getting at there mate... :blink: