British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

The Complete A-z Of Post-war British League Riders

Could anyone advise the release Date of the CD's covering Riders from the 1960's please? :unsure:

I already have the 1940's and the 1950's and they really are EXCELLENT, a must for those of us from the 'Good Old Days'. :approve:

I do hope that the 1960's will be produced soon.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the kind words. I am working hard on the 1960s disc but I have been delayed a bit by taking over the Speedway Researcher web site from Ron McNeil. It needed a bit of a revamp but I am getting there and will press on with the disc as soon as possible.

Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks a lot my friend. Please let me know as soon as it is ready and I will have a Cheque in the Post by return. :approve:

Ian

Edited by The White Knight

There used to be a web site with the 'Complete A-Z of Post War British League Speedway Riders' and I think they (Matt) also were selling CDs of their volumes.  However, the old web site seems to have been hijacked and google searches bring up nothing. Anyone know if they are still undertaking the project and where their on-line home might be now

Hi, I produced the discs with Hugh Vass (stats) and John Somerville (photos). A few years ago there was an issue at work which prevented me from continuing with the discs and I started the website. However, there were some software problems that I couldn't resolve and I got so busy with other things the domain name expired a few years ago. 

The 1960s disc was just about done but will need tweaking to bring the biographical info up to date.

I have checked with John Somerville re the photos and he has very kindly agreed, and I am happy to send out the 1960s  document as a PDF to anyone who wants it.

If you want to send me a message or email on mattjackson68@btinternet.com I will sort it out. 

I'll need a couple of days to check the biographies though.

• Thanks 2