British Speedway Forum

Have they asked Andy Smith yet ?

Peter Ljung is confirmed as a 2012 SGP rider. He was 3rd reserve after GPC in Vetlanda. When Pepe, Kasper and Vaculik turned down

their offers, Ljung was the next in line. A replacement for Darcy will be announced later.

http://speedwaygp.co...-2012-sgp-field

Davey Watt!!

Hope it will be Hans needs a good year next year and I believe he can find his form again

Hope it will be Hans needs a good year next year and I believe he can find his form again

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And so Hans has been offerred and accepted the last spot.

Where this all leaves the GP series going forward is another question. So two of the three newcomers (not participating in 2011) turned down their places. Two more who had to be offered a place turned them down as well. And that's all we know about officially. How many more, who knows.

I can see the organisers changing the rules on automatically offering places to riders from the Qualifier if any of the first three turn it down. The danger is that is that the quality of rider may be totally out of his depth in the GP series. Throw in the Polish regulations and some of the top riders nearing international retirement, I think we are entering a really challenging period for the GP organisers.

I can see the organisers changing the rules on automatically offering places to riders from the Qualifier if any of the first three turn it down. The danger is that is that the quality of rider may be totally out of his depth in the GP series.

What does that say about the SGP at the moment? The 16 riders immediately outside the GP should all be capable of making up the numbers, even if they're unlikely to immediately challenge for honours. If the SGP organisers start thinking they have to look elsewhere, that would send a dreadful message to those interested in entering the qualifiers.

The trouble is that most years at least one qualifier is really not up to the GP series despite having earned the right.

Niamh