British Speedway Forum

Well I wasn't the one who claimed speedway pay rate were in line with other 2 wheeled sports...

Niamh

We don't know what other two wheeled sports they were using as examples.Doubt it was MotGP or even Tour de France

So if Darcy turns it down then why let him in in the future? It's an interesting scenario. Given a couple of years - if he's still turning it down - we could have a situation where the rider who is possibly the best in the world is not in the World Championship.

Darcy will be a fully fledged GP rider by the time he's 21.

And if IMG/BSI were running the SGP as a charity, that would be fair enough. However, they're profiting significantly more than the riders who take the physical risks.

How are pay rates different from prize money in the SGP? The prize money is how they get paid, is it not...?

there is no bonus in speedway just event money, motocross and supercross pay big bonus. teams pay bonus and so do sponsors.

hans i rekon should get it :lol:

Agree. Would do well with the backing of a good sponsor .

hans i rekon should get it :lol:

You gonna sponsor him mate? :party:

You gonna sponsor him mate? :party:

not in a million years :lol: well maybe :P

I'm not sure who should be given a wild card in his place ... but I have to say after all this talk we have had about GP qualification I don't feel to well disposed to any little mite who turns down a wild card.

I just don't accept the explanations being given.

Here is a rider who entered the qualificatiuon procedure to try and gain entry to the 2012 series ... but failed. He was quite happy to take every opportunity to have individual wild cards as they were presented ( with not a thought for others who may have relished the priviledge) ... but now finds he has overpowering reasons for not accepting a permanent wild card for 2012.

What would have happened if he had actually qualified via the system in place. Would he have declined to take up his place if he had gained it through Vetlanda? Or is it only the wild card he feels so happy to decline?

If I were BSI I would say 'Sod you, Darcy'.

Ithink SOD YOU ,If only you knew any thing about any thing ,but you know nothing about everthing .loser

Ithink SOD YOU ,If only you knew any thing about any thing ,but you know nothing about everthing .loser

PMT?

The GP series must pay well enough, other wise the likes of PePe and Bjarne wouldn't be desparate to get back in there. They both surely know that even a top 8 place is highly unlikely, so why would they want to be part of the series, knowing they are 95% likely to be placed in the lower ranks come the end of the series, if it wasn't worth their while?

The world is very different now than when we one off world finals. I think everyone is forgetting that the Poles could not travel to places like the UK and the Cardiff crowd has a very high percentage of Polish fans. So no one knows what crowd you would get for a 1 off world final at Wembley. There are far too many GP's now. I think they should run it like the Ice GP's and have about 6 meetings racing on both Saturday and Sunday thus cutting costs for travel, track prep & you still get 12 rounds to get a fair world champ.

The world is very different now than when we one off world finals. I think everyone is forgetting that the Poles could not travel to places like the UK and the Cardiff crowd has a very high percentage of Polish fans. So no one knows what crowd you would get for a 1 off world final at Wembley. There are far too many GP's now. I think they should run it like the Ice GP's and have about 6 meetings racing on both Saturday and Sunday thus cutting costs for travel, track prep & you still get 12 rounds to get a fair world champ.

A one-off WF at Wembley or the London Olympic Stadium and I think you could more or less guarantee (the first time anyhow..) a capacity crowd..

Not just prize money with the GP's. The extra sponsorship deals likely to be offered to a GP rider are surely much higher.