British Speedway Forum

Replacements for Pepe and Ward.

Martin Vaculik - Next in line from the GP qualifier.

Troy Batchelor - Good season in all leagues and will certainly add some spice to the GP's.

He already have declined i believe. I think Peter Ljung is next in line.

Peter Ljung - PLEASE NO

What is happening to the GP series.

Don't stick Ljung in, Give the wildcard to Hans or somebody like Cameron Heeps.

regarding Ljung he is not asked to be a wild card batch. They can give that one to anyone they like.

However Vaculik qualifying as 1st reserve was offered Pepe's spot but turned it down, the same with Kasper.

Next in line to be asked is Peter Ljung. If he accepts then thats it. LIke it or not.

Edited by Ghostwalker

regarding Ljung he is not asked to be a wild card batch. They can give that one to anyone they like.

However Vaculik qualifying as 1st reserve was offered Pepe's spot but turned it down, the same with Kasper.

Next in line to be asked is Peter Ljung. If he accepts then thats it. LIke it or not.

But goodness gracious me ... don't tell me that Peter Ljung has a sponsorship and backroom set-up in place so able to cope with the GP circus of 2012 any better that Darcy could not have had within about 24 hours .. this would be to send the GP to hell in a hand cart!

Yes Vac did turn it down. And I fear that Thomas H. Jonasson and Grigory Laguta would turn it down as well if asked. All for the same reason that they can earn more money in Poland if they are not riding in the GP. Isn't that stupid? I wonder if the clubs will actually safe money or spend more on those non-GP riders now.

For the GP, I'd like to see Zorro Zetterstrom, he is such a crowd pleaser and excellent rider at GP level. Or Rune Holta?

Hans Andersen could do a good job, too, and why not add a couple of Brits, Lee Richardson and Tai Woffinden, or even Scott Nicholls?

Australia could provide another one for the GP, there is plenty of talent around.

Personally, I'd like to see another American in the GP, maybe Billy Janniro or Ryan Fisher should get a wild card, just to see jow they could cope with it?

Yes Vac did turn it down. And I fear that Thomas H. Jonasson and Grigory Laguta would turn it down as well if asked. All for the same reason that they can earn more money in Poland if they are not riding in the GP. Isn't that stupid? I wonder if the clubs will actually safe money or spend more on those non-GP riders now.

For the GP, I'd like to see Zorro Zetterstrom, he is such a crowd pleaser and excellent rider at GP level. Or Rune Holta?

Hans Andersen could do a good job, too, and why not add a couple of Brits, Lee Richardson and Tai Woffinden, or even Scott Nicholls?

Australia could provide another one for the GP, there is plenty of talent around.

Personally, I'd like to see another American in the GP, maybe Billy Janniro or Ryan Fisher should get a wild card, just to see jow they could cope with it?

I'd rather see Kevin Wölbert in than those two Yanks :blink::wink::approve::party:

I'd love to see Billy in a GP :D He certainly wouldn't be moved out of the way by Nicki on the 1st bend :D Mind you, you can't score bonus points in he GP's so it might confuse Billy(or Ryan)

It's the consequence of paying tuppence and shows the reality of how far 'to the next level' speedway has been taken by the SGP... :rolleyes:

Ha, ha, ha.

Will LOVE to see what the GP apologists make of it if Scotty really IS the replacement!!! :wink:

I was looking at the gpseries if say within a couple of years , Crump, gollob,holta,hancock, pedersen, dont ride in it i think the series will look quite weak.i no newcomers will come along i suppose morris,ect]and bridge the gap. But i remember in the 80s speedway lost loads of stars all at one given time.Mauger,collins,lee,penhall, sigalos,louis,carter,autrey,olsen,.And it took along time to replace them,.The quality in numbers, strength in debth is not there now.Wheres i was thinking,in the 60s,70s80s, for sixteen places you would have at least 50 top class riders to pick from.maybe i am wrong and there will be a resurgence of stars come through quickly.

I am sorry but surely Tai Woffinden should get a wildcard ahead of Scott Nicholls? If he wants it, Tai is as good as Scott if not better, and much younger so only going to get better. Woffinden should get in ahead of Watt and Zorro as well, purely as the GP needs good youngsters going through. Two of Woffinden, Batchelor, Grigory Laguta for me (If they would accept) then turn to Zorro and Watt

I am sorry but surely Tai Woffinden should get a wildcard ahead of Scott Nicholls? If he wants it, Tai is as good as Scott if not better, and much younger so only going to get better. Woffinden should get in ahead of Watt and Zorro as well, purely as the GP needs good youngsters going through. Two of Woffinden, Batchelor, Grigory Laguta for me (If they would accept) then turn to Zorro and Watt

But the wild cards have to go to someone not already signed up to a Polish team with a GP rider leaving limited options.

Peter Ljung - PLEASE NO

Don't stick Ljung in, Give the wildcard to Hans or somebody like Cameron Heeps.

I see KKS is back