British Speedway Forum

So, Scott Nicholls and Davey Watt seem to be the ones being invited in to replace Ward and Protasiewicz.

Oh dear....

Maybe this is the time for Scott to put in his serious bid for the World Title :rolleyes:

the Poles have really caused a stir with there new ruling haven't they ...

i don't have a problem with riders treating riding as a business and trying to earn as much as possible...it isn't a long career and they need to earn what they can whilst available.

I think it is a sad day though when a domestic league can severely weaken what should be the very pinnacle of the sport...the GP's have done an awful lot to try and modernise the sport and give it a new image at top level...the old World Final was dying, despite what people say, and the GP's have always come across as very professional on the TV and made the sport look very good.

Darcy Ward is probably the most exciting talent i have seen for years...i would have gone out of way to see him in the GP's and the GP's should have the best talent available...the fact that it won't because of a domestic league is a sad day i think and also a worrying one for the future

So what happens for instance if Ward having turned down a permanent wild card is then offered a wild card for each individual GP meeting and rides in all of the GP meetings?

Alternatively does any rider who rides for a Polish EL team with a current GP rider, have to decline the wild card for any or all GP meetings?

Would any rider riding in any GP meeting be banned from the Polish EL for the rest of the year if he rides for a team with a current GP rider?

How do we know that Darcy would actually do very well over a full GP season? Hans rode over half of a season as a reserve replacement and achieved much more than Darcy did this year as he won GP meetings and got close to taking the bronze medal: However the following year when many were tipping him as an outside chance to become world champion he did not finish in the top eight.

I am not convinced that Darcy's decision is based either on money or Polish EL speedway: As I said at the time Darcy said months ago that he did not want a permanent GP Wild Card for 2012 because he did not feel ready for a full season of GP meetings. Maybe he has realised that he might well lose a lot of money due to the costs of riding in the GP series and under those circumstances I would not blame him not taking up a wild card option.

the Poles have really caused a stir with there new ruling haven't they ...

i don't have a problem with riders treating riding as a business and trying to earn as much as possible...it isn't a long career and they need to earn what they can whilst available.

I think it is a sad day though when a domestic league can severely weaken what should be the very pinnacle of the sport...the GP's have done an awful lot to try and modernise the sport and give it a new image at top level...the old World Final was dying, despite what people say, and the GP's have always come across as very professional on the TV and made the sport look very good.

Darcy Ward is probably the most exciting talent i have seen for years...i would have gone out of way to see him in the GP's and the GP's should have the best talent available...the fact that it won't because of a domestic league is a sad day i think and also a worrying one for the future

Totally agree, id pay money to see him to me he could be like a TYSON,MCENROE,A.HIGGINS of our sport take it up a notch raise the profile.

Totally agree, id pay money to see him to me he could be like a TYSON,MCENROE,A.HIGGINS of our sport take it up a notch raise the profile.

Alrite don't get a stork on!

So, Scott Nicholls and Davey Watt seem to be the ones being invited in to replace Ward and Protasiewicz.

Oh dear....

Maybe this is the time for Scott to put in his serious bid for the World Title :rolleyes:

That's all we need to washed out old Romeos

the GP's have done an awful lot to try and modernise the sport and give it a new image at top level

Only because of the satellite tv monies!

I'm not sure I get your point there....Maybe I am just really slow, but what do you mean by that comment?

So, one week further on and Matt Ford seems to be ruling Vaculik out of Poole's plans (having previousl hinted heavily that he was to be the first signing for 2012) as he expects him to take up one of the SGP places. This will mean him being on a reassessed 8 points!!

So, one week further on and Matt Ford seems to be ruling Vaculik out of Poole's plans (having previousl hinted heavily that he was to be the first signing for 2012) as he expects him to take up one of the SGP places. This will mean him being on a reassessed 8 points!!

So,for the sake of his team place in Poland,Darcy has cocked up the plans of his beloved Promoter and team back in his adopted home of Poole :unsure::rolleyes:

Its tried, the sport no farther forward backwards if anything prize money a joke,the elite league in a sorry state apart from that its all looking rosy.

So,for the sake of his team place in Poland,Darcy has cocked up the plans of his beloved Promoter and team back in his adopted home of Poole :unsure::rolleyes:

Think you'll find that Vaculik would replace Protasiewicz and not Ward.

I know it's if's and but's but what happens then say April/May time and one of the riders say Darcy Ward has a stinker of a start on Poland and the Torum management dump him which isn't beyond the realms of reality with the way the Polish teams seem to go about things will the SGP brigade then bring in the rider as a permanent wildcard for the rest of the series? Cna see some lawyers making some ££ out of the current situation with the PZM and SGP

Its tried, the sport no farther forward backwards if anything prize money a joke,the elite league in a sorry state apart from that its all looking rosy.

What language is this? It certainly isn't English. :rolleyes:

So what happens for instance if Ward having turned down a permanent wild card is then offered a wild card for each individual GP meeting and rides in all of the GP meetings?

Excellent point, who knows if this hasn't even already been discussed?