Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Excellent point, who knows if this hasn't even already been discussed?

Ward has in his torun contract he can only ride in a maximum of 3 gp's next year.

If you were to win every gp, you would take home 132,500 us dollars.

GP riders in Poland are getting double that as there sign on money, then theres points

Money on top of that.

So as a business, riders would much rather be in Poland.

That's what it is today right, a massive business so who can blame them for dropping out.

Make the gp more attractive, more points money ETC and the riders will do it.

Ward has in his torun contract he can only ride in a maximum of 3 gp's next year.

AAMOI, why do Torun (and perhaps other Polish sides..?) have such a clause in their contracts..? :unsure: Doesn't appear to make a lot of sense to me..? :unsure:

AAMOI, why do Torun (and perhaps other Polish sides..?) have such a clause in their contracts..? :unsure: Doesn't appear to make a lot of sense to me..? :unsure:

Perhaps they don't want him getting injured.

AAMOI, why do Torun (and perhaps other Polish sides..?) have such a clause in their contracts..? Doesn't appear to make a lot of sense to me..?

Or giving the GP Series too much priority ......

Perhaps they don't want him getting injured.

Hmm, maybe.. But he (like any other rider) can get injured at any time... Indeed more likely I'd suggest in league racing than in the GPs... I imagine there's no restriction put on him to prevent him riding for Poole or in another domestic league (eg Sweden) - so why pick on the GPs..?

Seems daft too coz I know how much they idolise their riders at Torun... Wouldn't the fans lap up Darcy doing well in the GP series (even winning it.. :wink: ) and wouldn't that in return increase crowds..? :unsure:

Hmm, maybe.. But he (like any other rider) can get injured at any time... Indeed more likely I'd suggest in league racing than in the GPs... I imagine there's no restriction put on him to prevent him riding for Poole or in another domestic league (eg Sweden) - so why pick on the GPs..?

The difference is that his Polish team can likely withdraw him from other domestic fixtures at will, whereas they can't from GPs as they take priority.

The difference is that his Polish team can likely withdraw him from other domestic fixtures at will, whereas they can't from GPs as they take priority.

Er, so how could/would they be able to predict any meeting he rode in which might lead to him getting injured..?! :blink: And GPs clearly DON'T take priority as they've withdrawn him from the lot!! :rolleyes:

Er, so how could/would they be able to predict any meeting he rode in which might lead to him getting injured..?! :blink: And GPs clearly DON'T take priority as they've withdrawn him from the lot!!

Polish teams are well known (notorious) for insisting their riders miss foreign meetings if they have important domestic meetings coming up.

With any FIM meeting though, if you accept to ride, then you have to ride otherwise you'll be suspended from all meetings.

What language is this? It certainly isn't English. :rolleyes:

I often think the same as I try to sift through the text equivalent of listening to Vicki Pollard :D

Ha, ha, ha - what a hoot... :rofl:

Headline in today's Star, '2012 too soon for Scott'... Too soon..?! :shock: Bloody hell...: too late is how I'd describe it; and our Scotty clearly lives in fantasy land if he thinks he'll be offered another chance in 2013... Well unless all the top riders give up on the event...! :rolleyes:

Ha, ha, ha - what a hoot... :rofl:

Headline in today's Star, '2012 too soon for Scott'... Too soon..?! :shock: Bloody hell...: too late is how I'd describe it; and our Scotty clearly lives in fantasy land if he thinks he'll be offered another chance in 2013... Well unless all the top riders give up on the event...! :rolleyes:

It is a strange one I must admit. I do think he's right to turn it down as I could only see him struggling again at the bottom end but what surprises me is why he was ever offered it in the first place.

Personally I think he was worth a place around 2004-2007 but his time in the GP is over.

It is a strange one I must admit. I do think he's right to turn it down as I could only see him struggling again at the bottom end but what surprises me is why he was ever offered it in the first place.

Personally I think he was worth a place around 2004-2007 but his time in the GP is over.

Is it starting to look like they are struggling to get 15 riders to commit to the GP series in 2012?? :blink:

Is it starting to look like they are struggling to get 15 riders to commit to the GP series in 2012?? :blink:

SGP in tatters ?

Peter Ljung is confirmed as a 2012 SGP rider. He was 3rd reserve after GPC in Vetlanda. When Pepe, Kasper and Vaculik turned down

their offers, Ljung was the next in line. A replacement for Darcy will be announced later.

http://speedwaygp.co...-2012-sgp-field

Edited by Ghostwalker