British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Speedway Gp In Tatters !

IT'S being so cheerful that keeps you going. Thought you hadn't been for a while so obviously haven't experienced the FanZone. Thankfully, tens of thousands of fans don't agree with you although no one will disagree that the hotel prices are outrageous but's that supply and demand for you.

I am a very happy chap thanks Phil :t: . We have been every year for as long as i can remember. Sponsored it twice and had at least 2 boxes for the last five years or more.

It is not just me but friends and clients empoyees and family have all said how the event has not moved on and is getting a bit boring.

The pre event entertainment is terrible now and has been getting worse. This i know for FACT is down to cost.

The racing has suffered as the track surface has got better. Good for the riders not for the racing.

Last year was the first year i went to the fan zone, sorry i did forget the name of it. Ages between 5 and 60 and a dozen of us. No one thought it was very good. Now maybe i am not your normal speedway fan but it is MY veiw the event is not what it was and has not moved forward one bit since it started in Cardiff.

Yes the event is good but it should of moved forward. Maybe my standards are to high or i expect to much ? This event is a big earner for BSI and one of the few they promote themselves.However rather than making such a big profit here to off set against the smaller loss making ones why not spend a bit more on the event and make it really special :D

And yes, none of us will be going in 2 12. :cry:

SOMEONE staying at the Thistle Hotel in Westminster, for example, couldn't walk to Wembley in 10 minutes.

This is plain daft! My father-in-law and several friends come down from the north-west every year to Wembley for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at Wembley... They have stayed in a range of hotels across all parts of London over the years (their annual trips down date back to the '60s [obviously there was a gap when the stadium being rebuilt..]) and have NEVER walked from the hotel to the ground.. You know why..? In this city there is such a thing as the 'London Underground'...!!!! Takes you from any direction/route you need/fancy to within a five minute walk of the stadium...!!!

SOMEONE staying at the Thistle Hotel in Westminster, for example, couldn't walk to Wembley in 10 minutes.

Not blinkered at all. Weekend in Wembley or Cardiff? Only one winner for me.

So what it might take 20 minutes? keep the venue at Cardiff because it only takes 10 minutes to get there?i dont understand your point?

Quite, London is a hateful place.

Niamh

.....and fulla POMS!

No it aint.

Yeah, I suppose Chelsea Fans are a race apart.

Yeah, I suppose Chelsea Fans are a race apart.

Yeah most Chelsea fans I know are from Watford. Breed apeart..............

.....and fulla POMS!

BFD in parts of London there are more Australians than English. My sister lives next to one area and when ever I visit we always go to an old English pub which is always full of Australians. The atmosphere and banter is great especially when cricket or rugby between our two nations is taking place, it gets even better when we beat you.

A happy new year to all speedway supporters

BFD in parts of London there are more Australians than English. My sister lives next to one area and when ever I visit we always go to an old English pub which is always full of Australians. The atmosphere and banter is great especially when cricket or rugby between our two nations is taking place, it gets even better when we beat you.

Had to slip the stiletto, didn't you! ;) We'll be back! :t:

A happy new year to all speedway supporters

Same to you, Cuz!