British Speedway Forum

I think that would be a great fitting tribute to an abosolute speedway legend. I'm not very good when it comes to ideas but thought NYC would b a perfect oppiturnity to remember him and keep his memory living! And what rider wouldn't want to ride in memory of a great legend what a great meeting that would be :) x

Whilst I agree 100% that there should be a memorial meeting for Streety, this is not the one. Many Austalians would want to ride in the meeting and as the NYC falls in Australian season most will be unable to compete.

Neil Street memorial should replace the Prince of Wales trophy at Newport in march.

Our opening meeting of the season, plenty of fans want to see racing. I'm sure every top aussie would take part to pay tribute to a true sporting hero.

The NYC becoming the Tim Stone Memorial is a better idea... I didn't like the man but he was the only promoter to take the risk year on year on holding this event, including in the snow, ice, rain etc, and it should be left at its rightful home in Tims honour.

Also believe the racing this year would be first class on our newly laid track.

:lol::lol:

Surprised you`ve got any Newport buddies given who your Mrs is :wink::lol::P

Hope she`s in work and doesn`t read that......

I was in work but I'm off today and happened to lay my eyes on this.... that means no New Year 'bow for you now :P

Neil Street memorial should replace the Prince of Wales trophy at Newport in march.

Our opening meeting of the season, plenty of fans want to see racing. I'm sure every top aussie would take part to pay tribute to a true sporting hero.

The NYC becoming the Tim Stone Memorial is a better idea... I didn't like the man but he was the only promoter to take the risk year on year on holding this event, including in the snow, ice, rain etc, and it should be left at its rightful home in Tims honour.

Also believe the racing this year would be first class on our newly laid track.

Ok I'm sorry was just a random idea I had

I've travelled to Newport four times this year from my North London base, more than some Newport fans I suspect...

Absolutely, I can't think of a single Newport fan who travelled from North London 4 times last season...

Absolutely, I can't think of a single Newport fan who travelled from North London 4 times last season...

Not many travelled from Newport either!

That great Diesel ! We travel down every Year for this

Somebody should do it even if Newport don't.

Leicester would be a ideal central track for the meeting,dont think they are going to start doing track changes till february if they do, so would be a good choice if newport is a no go

Leicester would be a ideal central track for the meeting,dont think they are going to start doing track changes till february if they do, so would be a good choice if newport is a no go

Dont see why it should be a problem, its synonymous with Newport.

Can't see it mentioned anywhere, does anyone know what the start time is likely to be? Thinking about coming down for this one.

Can't see it mentioned anywhere, does anyone know what the start time is likely to be? Thinking about coming down for this one.

I'm sure it was at 1pm last year