British Speedway Forum

This thread has turned into a classic. Low and behold Brent Werner is announced, before pulling out only 4 hours later, and Newport are on the blower to 'top engine tuner' Ashley Holloway.. and end up with Mark Lemon as a replacement :D Add in the fact another 'hot shot' who we've never heard of is in the event, along with the usual traditional clan.

You just couldn't script it.. Mainman, I salute you :D

I'm sure they'd have been in it but what with the lack of spaces and all.... :D

Pwahaha :D

Edited by Najjer

Now to take bets on the 2nd person to withdraw. And the replacement!

why not get Emil,Gollob or Hampel to do meeting?

These riders not very exciting.

Dont forget a lot of riders contacted Mainman, but he couldnt fit them all in. :D

Brent Werner, the Frank Sinatra of speedway? More like Frank Butcher.

If they had to turn riders down, make it a 16 rider field, no matter what time of year it is more exciting!

12 qualifing heats with 2 semi's and a final would be 15 heats, the same as a league match... I assume the admission price will reflect this.

Yes they do .. normal PL prices ...Adults £15, Concessions (with proof) £13 , Children 5-15 £5, Under 5's free. Family ticket (2A +2 C) £32.

• Like 1

If i was Newport. I would pick the following riders.

1. Chris Holder

2. Darcy Ward

3. Jan O Pedersen.

4. Emil Sayfudntiov

5. Jaroslaw Hampel

6. Todd Kurtz

7. Andreas Jonasson

8. Kenneth Bjerre

9. Ryan Sullivan

10. Grigory Laguta

11. Lasse Bjerre

12. Michael Jepsen Jensen

13. Pepe Protaswiech

14. Linus Sundstrom

15. Fredrick Lindgren

16. Kyle Newman.

Edited by Kris Ad

chris holder is in oz

darcy ward out of action

jan o penerson is on holiday

emil sayfudntiov snow in

jaroslaw hampel snow in

todd kurtz in oz

andreas jonasson snow in

kenneth bjerre holiday

ryan sullivson retrired

grigory laguta snow in

lasse bjerre holiday

michael jepsen jensen holiday pepe protaswiech snow in

linus sundstrom holiday

fredrick lingren holiday

klye newman is in oz

Surprised MainMan didn't use his extensive contacts to arrange another 4 riders, I have no doubt the phonecall with Holloway was Emil looking for a spot but MM can't help the weather.

Edited by JCookie
  • Like 1

What a shame that this thread is being polluted by a few juveniles - if you're not a real fan and you don't want to go, why don't you just shut up? it's nothing to do with you. is it?

• Like 3

What a shame that this thread is being polluted by a few juveniles - if you're not a real fan and you don't want to go, why don't you just shut up? it's nothing to do with you. is it?

They`ve been told that they`re not going to get everything they wanted on their Christmas list,they`re just showing off :lol:

Shame they won`t be going,although on the plus side,more `Bow for me and the Moose :approve:

Even more on the plus side is that this year,the Moose will not be getting a dinner :approve::party:

• Like 1

I'll probably end up going, wouldn't want you to end up without hearing your yearly moan :D

Yay,glad about that,it just wouldn`t be the same without you. :wink::lol:

Well, we're definitely going... The Cardiff GP gets 40-50K every year, but the racing is rarely anything to write home about despite the "world class" line up!... It'll be good to get out of the house see some racing after being cooped up indoors over christmas!

• Like 1