British Speedway Forum

Weather forecast looks good so I'll be coming :t:

Doesn't look good on the BBC website... Steady rain early on Monday morning and again around midday

Doesn't look good on the BBC website... Steady rain early on Monday morning and again around midday

I`ll text you tomorrow as regards the weather,think I`ll be at the stadium around 11.00am.

Really ?? when was the last one you came to Shawn ??

I did the Welsh Open the Malletts first year when it took 1 hour and 10 minutes to run one heat!!! (and Doolan got lucky about 3 times, not that anyone but the referee could be blamed for that) - the meeting took so long Ricky Ashworth withdrew to stand on the 3rd bend drinking with a bunch of other riders! I've also done 2 NYCs too but not been to an individual at Newport for a while due to the slow meetings and the poor 12 riders format.

Maybe things are run better now, because credit where it's due league meetings are more efficient and thing do seem to be improving generally speaking these days.

I`ll text you tomorrow as regards the weather,think I`ll be at the stadium around 11.00am.

Cheers DB... We plan to be there for around midday, so an early call off would be handy if the weather looks iffy

Metcheck has rain clearing and sunshine. Met office has similar with the possibility of a shower whilst BBC Weather --which is invariably wrong!! --showers.

Track is in a good conditionand as said before the starts are covered.

As for Shawn's comments --Ricky withdrew from that meeting after a crash not any other reason. And as you rightly say the league meetings you have been to have been efficiently run --that is the norm.

At the end of the day this is an outdoor speedway meeting run in the close season and most people are just pleased to be able to have their methanol fix !! with the line-up we have this should prove to be a good battle to the finish.

At the end of the day this is an outdoor speedway meeting run in the close season and most people are just pleased to be able to have their methanol fix !!

Compared to Telford where for 17 and a half quid you could watch 20 heats of mostly gate and go around a dustbin lid on an ice rink!... Once was enough, never again!

Edited by Shadders

A very good idea to cover the start line at least you don't have to shovel snow this year :) praying for not much rain and an enjoyable meeting!

Happy new year to all at Newport Speedway

I think I will make the trek - will be supporting David Howe as he's the nearest thing to a local I've got in the field.

Planning to come over from East Midlands to give Schrammy and Lemmo some support, is there a text number we can contact when we are on the road to find out if it's still on and does anyone know if well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in to save leaving our old mutt at home?thanks Gary

Still looking for a texter for this meeting...anyone?

Thanks

Planning to come over from East Midlands to give Schrammy and Lemmo some support, is there a text number we can contact when we are on the road to find out if it's still on and does anyone know if well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in to save leaving our old mutt at home?thanks Gary

I will keep the hotline on 09066 555 915 updated but all should be ok

and dogs are allowed ....may get some barking off Delta the Mallett's dog 11 But he is very friendly

Edited by Main Man

I will keep the hotline on 09066 555 915 updated but all should be ok

and dogs are allowed ....may get some barking off Delta the Mallett's dog 11 But he is very friendly

There'll be quite a few Barking on turn two if the 'Bow's frozen.

Mind you I think you're all Barking for running a Speedway Meeting at the North Pole - Mildura Masters meeting yesterday was held in a balmy 42C.

What's all the fuss about, sun is out at the moment, skies are clear, it's going to be a nice day

No rain forecast until around 10 pm tonight :lol: Nice and sunny at the moment :D