British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leszno Gp 28th April 2012

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Lipno, where we are staying at Hotel 1 2 3 for the weekend, from Poznan Airport ?

Arriving on Friday afternoon from Stanstead.

Taxi, Bus, Train ? There is 5 of us going.

The train timetable I can find says around 3 hours travel, it's only about 66km ?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you are checking the train schedules for the correct Lipno?

There is a town called Lipno that is South East of Torun, about 200KM from Poznan.

It sounds like you might be getting train times for that, rather than the one that is just North of Leszno.

Edit - I meant to say that a quick check on the train schedules suggests that you want "Lipno Nowe", which would take about 1hr 5minutes from Poznan Glowny train station. It's the last stop before Leszno on that route.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

just checked a couple of weather forecasts for saturday and it looks as if it should be a fine day and evening.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Lipno, where we are staying at Hotel 1 2 3 for the weekend, from Poznan Airport ?

The train timetable I can find says around 3 hours travel, it's only about 66km ?

Thanks in advance.

Just checked and found out we are also staying in same hotel(i didn`t know what Raz,dwa,trzy was in english !)hope to say hello.

7 of us flying out tomorrow and basing ourselves in Poznan. Anyone know the best way to get to back to Poznan after the GP?? Will a taxi be easy to come by?? I checked the trains there is not one until 02:50.

7 of us flying out tomorrow and basing ourselves in Poznan. Anyone know the best way to get to back to Poznan after the GP?? Will a taxi be easy to come by?? I checked the trains there is not one until 02:50.

my suggestion would be to try and pre-book a taxi(small minibus between 7 wouldn`t be too expensive)

maybe the Leszno tourist info on +48 655928191 will speak english and might know a suitable company to recommend

best of luck

Edited by racers and royals

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

snapback.pngRobcozz, on 23 April 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you are checking the train schedules for the correct Lipno?

There is a town called Lipno that is South East of Torun, about 200KM from Poznan.

It sounds like you might be getting train times for that, rather than the one that is just North of Leszno.

Edit - I meant to say that a quick check on the train schedules suggests that you want "Lipno Nowe", which would take about 1hr 5minutes from Poznan Glowny train station. It's the last stop before Leszno on that route.

HenryW is right. It is Lipno Nowe. People in Leszno say Lipno but train station is Lipno Nowe.

You have train from Poznan Główny at 4:45 pm in Lipno at 5:53 pm

next 5:45 pm in Lipno at 6:56 pm

and next 6:40 pm in Lipno at 7:54 pm

Trains direction Leszno or Wroclaw in timetables at station.

From hotel you can take or book taxi to Leszno. In day should cost about 30-40 zlotys (6-8 pounds)

If you will need more info or help I can leave you my polish mobile number.

Edited by santos

Anyone have links for streams that can be viewed o

n an android?

Have no clue about "android", but can only suggest you try one of the Polish streamers here.

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

Best of luck.. Alan.

Hi everyone.

Let's hope for an exciting GP. Certainly got a great stadium ( and we hope a great racing surface). For once a dangerous wildcard!

we shall see how it unfolds.

Alan.

Good link here

http://mypremium.tv/...=277

That's what i'm on.

Great ride by Nicki. Not often Gollob gets passed here.

As i said- a DANGEROUS wild card! Oh to have him back at Brandon!

Put some bloody water on the track for gods sake is Olsen there to cock it all up again !!

One thing about Ole- he's consistent! At producing a slick bowl.

The racing so far has been brilliant. Amazing stuff

Wild Card Winner? :lol:

• Like 1