British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

Announced on Radio Suffolk this morning that Mildenhall's first signing for 2012 is Danny Halsey :approve:

Great start to our team building, Halsey was in fine form at the end of the season in the Play Offs and the KO Cup.

• Like 1

Excellent start to team building :)

On the subject of Mildenhall, I wonder if our old friend Just down the road (with his dire predictions for the team for the 2011 season) is still a member of this forum ?

After the terrific track, superb racing, huge gates and trophy winning side, no doubt he has choked on his own venom............ :approve::rofl:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

On the subject of Mildenhall, I wonder if our old friend Just down the road (with his dire predictions for the team for the 2011 season) is still a member of this forum ?

After the terrific track, superb racing, huge gates and trophy winning side, no doubt he has choked on his own venom............ :approve::rofl:

nice !!!

You mean the same track that has been critcised by several different riders. Mildenhalls track is terrible

You mean the same track that has been critcised by several different riders. Mildenhalls track is terrible

From what I saw this season, Mildenhall provided better racing than almost every other track in the country (Scunthorpe & Plymouth possibly excepted).

That is of course from the point of view of a spectator, but I have always held the view that tracks should be prepared (within reason)with spectators not riders in mind.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Oh dear oh dear another embittered EL fan - having been a few times this year - witnessed the meeting v Poole when even the likes of Ward & Poole couldn't pass & on another occasion having been covered in shale even on the top steps on bends 1 and 2 I think you hardly have room to talk.

Yep you must be right, some of the best meetings this season appear to have been at West Row judging by the comments from neutrals etc on this very forum ( including a few from the Norfolk Arena ). Obviously you have been down to a few this season - which ones? Oh and no dust clouds, no blue lines etc, etc In fact it's been so cack that the crowds have been well up week on week. But never let facts get in the way eh! and allegedly with all that extra cash thrown in ( thanks D of S ).

You are obviosly a wind up but why not make better use of your time, just maybe read back through the updates and take a note of the amount of passing each meeting and the "several different riders" may be those who get passed or are just gating tarts.

As one example Simon Lambert seems to revel on the track either from the back or when in front so can hardly be purely a homers track.

Now that the air fence is up what shall we have next? Too many riders getting rubber burns :rofl:

Edited by norwichkev

Oh dear oh dear another embittered EL fan - having been a few times this year - witnessed the meeting v Poole when even the likes of Ward & Poole couldn't pass & on another occasion having been covered in shale even on the top steps on bends 1 and 2 I think you hardly have room to talk.

Yep you must be right, some of the best meetings this season appear to have been at West Row judging by the comments from neutrals etc on this very forum ( including a few from the Norfolk Arena ). Obviously you have been down to a few this season - which ones? Oh and no dust clouds, no blue lines etc, etc In fact it's been so cack that the crowds have been well up week on week. But never let facts get in the way eh! and allegedly with all that extra cash thrown in ( thanks D of S ).

You are obviosly a wind up but why not make better use of your time, just maybe read back through the updates and take a note of the amount of passing each meeting and the "several different riders" may be those who get passed or are just gating tarts.

As one example Simon Lambert seems to revel on the track either from the back or when in front so can hardly be purely a homers track.

Now that the air fence is up what shall we have next? Too many riders getting rubber burns :rofl:

I've been to Mildenhall twice this season, and although it produced pretty good racing at times, during each visit I left thinking that the fence was ridiculously dangerous, and that it was often difficult to pass due to it being dry (A lot of the passes I saw came from riders diving up the inside of someone, as opposed to passes due to pure grip)

The fact that they now have an air fence is fantastic, because I was always terrified that the fence was going to cause accidents. As for the track, who knows. So long as it doesn't become a one line procession, that's fine!

Elite Fan?? Not at all. I assume you think this because my profile says i live in essex?? I recently moved to York so my closest track is now scunthorpe. However my grandad was a regular at Mildenhall during the late 90s and when im down i like to take him along. Now in my opinion the Mildenhall track isnt very good an opnion backed by some of the riders i know. Bad tracks can sometimes make for exciting races but not for the right reasons. Mildenhall have the potential to be a very good club but for me the track lets it all down

By the looks of it Mildenhall will be keeping 1 of the following 3, Jack Hargreaves, Joe Jacobs and Mark Baseby. They all have there advantages.

Jack, if on good equipment.

Mark, on a good average.

Joe, riding in Austrailia at the moment.

Tom Bollards might be worth a look at, only beaten once in the midlands youth league, looks a certainty to be the next big thing and for only 15 yrs old he is lightning fast.

What about the winner of the under 15's NATHAN STONEMAN ??and second placed MAX CLEGG?? 2 of the quickest youngsters in Britain last year.Nathan is allready 15 and i belive Max will be 15 for next season.

Give the youngsters a go and bring on what We,ve got..

Edited by bigred

Talking of the youth championship(u16's). What about former mascot adam kirby, who was actually leading championship until he broke his hand at buxton and missed the last 2 rounds. He knows the track and was popular with fans when he was mascot there.

I thought i had heard Mark Baseby was retiring from Speedway, because it was to expensive, in fact it was said on the DVD of the play off final.