British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

not a suppries i have never known so many riders calling it a day before.its just to expensive now the use of only one engine g m is no good why dont people try honda aiden collins says they are suitable for speedway and are easy and cheap to maintain he as used one in a speedway frame and said it was fast or is there some crazy rule to stop them being used.

Firstly, great to see the forum back, lets hope people respect the rules this time.

Secondly Mark has not made a final decision although its fair to say that Grasstrack may figure highly for him next season. Speedway is getting too expensive and something needs to be done about it, and soon.

Thirdly, you would hope that the Mildenhall promotion, along with most other NL promotions would be looking at Adam Kirby. He was unlucky not to get a team spot last season, after finishing runner up in the British Under 15 the year before and then led the British Under 16 championship last season before he broke his hand. He has good equiptment, the right attitude and good support. HE IS READY.

Finally, if the Fen Tigers are going for two 3 point reserves and the majority of last years team (assuming 40 points), what about.

Cameron Heeps 9.18

Aaron Baseby 4.88

Jack Hargreaves 7.04

Danny Halsey 4.76

Lewis Blackbird 7.01

Trevor Heath 3.00

Adam Kirby 3.00

Total 38.87

Just a thought :t:

Personally although I like Cam, I think his inclusion on a high average unbalances the team. I'd rather something like -

1.Jack Hargreaves 7.04

2.Aaron Baseby 4.88

3.Joe Jacobs 6.27

4.Barrie Evans 6.97

5.Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6.Trevor Heath 3.00

7.Danny Halsey 4.76

Total................39.93

The balance looks good to me, and Barrie adds some real experience to the younger lads, as well as great team rider. Also with the probability of Danny or Aaron at reserve we will always be strong in that department.

Guess we'll find out in due course, and if the racing comes halfway to last seasons I think most people will be happy. :t:

According to the Newmarket journal moves have been made to try and secure the services of Ben Reede and also Luke Chessell has contacted Mildenhall.

Circumstances dictate that I dont get to see the Fen Tigers much these days (plus the politics in the sport has dampened my enthusiasm in recent times). However, still keep an eye on events at West Row from a distance.

The comments coming out of the club since the end of the season seem to indicate that they want Cameron to stay as number one if he's given permission to double up. However, there's also a good case to be made for going with a number one on a lower average and using the points left over to strengthen other areas of the team.

The Ipswich way in previous years has been mostly to keep their teams together as far as averages allow - so, given the Witches connections, the promotion may be caught in two minds between that and strengthening up so that they can be more competitive against the better sides away from home more often.

If Barrie could be signed as a third heatleader, then he'd certainly strengthen the middle order. Hopefully, they'll get Lewis Blackbird back (wouldnt be surprised if he doubles up in the PL) and he can continue his excellent progress. Robert Branford is a name that was linked with Mildenhall towards the end of last season, and he's a quality rider in any NL side.

Ben Reade could be a useful signing at reserve - he seemed to have made big progress last season.

Joe Jacobs seemed to have a disappointing season - think he'll be back as he's a Witches asset, but he needs to really kick on and nail down a heatleader spot, instead of moving between second string and reserve.

Mark Baseby, IMO, hasnt really progressed at NL level for a good few seasons now. Aaron did very well to significantly increase his average last season. Be interesting to see if Hargreaves returns on a reduced average. He seemed to have a mixed season and could be a good second/third heatleader for someone, whether that's Mildenhall or elsewhere. Ought to be establishing himself as a number one though - certainly has the ability. Halsey seemed to have a mixed season too, but finished well and if he can make the kind of progress he's talking about - he could be on a bargain average at second string or reserve.

Edited by neil3065

Halsey is certainly a good start and obviously Cameron Heeps will be at no1 and then also theres Lewis Blackbird, so things are moving along nicely at mo. The Mildenhall track produces some of the most exciting speedway around, why is that? easy, its never slick like most others are but grippy. Now they have a safety fence its even better and it will be a great place to watch super national league speedway in 2012, bring it on!!!

I have know Trevor Heath for some time would be great to see him back riding for Mildenhall he did love it there. :)

Maybe something along the lines of

1. Heeps 9.18

2. A Baseby 4.88

3. Owen 5.33

4. Neilsen 5.28

5. Blackbird 7.01

6. Halsey 4,76

7. Reade 3.00

Maybe something along the lines of

1. Heeps 9.18

2. A Baseby 4.88

3. Owen 5.33

4. Neilsen 5.28

5. Blackbird 7.01

6. Halsey 4,76

7. Reade 3.00

You will have to find another No.7 as Ben Reade has just been announced as a Stoke rider.

You will have to find another No.7 as Ben Reade has just been announced as a Stoke rider.

Oh well :D Pity though as Reade looked a promising and improving rider when I saw him at the end of the season, who I think would have improved considerably under the tutelage of Messrs Lee and Louis.

Wish him well for 2012.

Edited by PhilK

Even though I'm a rye house fan, I really hope speedway does continue at mildenhall. It would be great to see them back in the PL one day so our old rivalry can be renewed. Cant beat that rivalry, great for the atmosphere at a meeting. In response to earlier comments on this thread I would just like to say that every time i've visited Mildenhall over the years ive thoroughly enjoyed it! the result hasnt always pleased me ;) , but the racing has. Ive always regarded it as a belting track!! Good luck next season, but dont beat the raiders !!

• Like 1

Bad news about Mildenhall if it dose close bit good to see Lewis Blackbird signed up.

Cant see Mildenhall closing...great club,great set up,great history-riders, stupid to lose this track !

The article doesn't explain things very well.....why on earth are the BSPA asking Mildy to pay twice as much as other NL sides to enter the league?

Edited by Bagpuss