British Speedway Forum
Warm&Cosy

Gp Qualifier Berwick 16/6

Just got taxi back from town as turned into a drowned rat in that rain. Still coming down, not as fast now though. Shame if they cannot pull it back to Sunday as the weather forecast sounds better as alot fans have travelled for this one be good for them and for Berwick to put on a great show.

Think you will find half the field in Poland on Sunday, with Elite fixtures on Monday, earliest would be Tuesday.

Think you will find half the field in Poland on Sunday, with Elite fixtures on Monday, earliest would be Tuesday.

Wrong Poland have already agreed to postpone matches and the Elite matches would have to find guests.ie FIM meeting comes first

• Like 2

Just leaving for this meet but not keeping my hopes up, cant make a rerun if its postponed :neutral:

• Like 1

Wrong Poland have already agreed to postpone matches and the Elite matches would have to find guests.ie FIM meeting comes first

Then Monday would be the option, as Berwick do not have a facility for a Sunday, unless they were given dispensation for this meeting. If they have, it was not in the minutes of the planning meeting.#

However, seriously hope it will happen tonight, it would be such a shame for those who have travelled up for it

Edited by TOURETTES

Just leaving for this meet but not keeping my hopes up, cant make a rerun if its postponed :neutral:

Dont think it will be called off,the tracks been covered so I think they will run it no matter what weather comes our way,one things for sure,its going to be wet.

After saying that it has started to come down heavier again! bloody british summer hey! Hopefully if the weather stays like this the FIM will have the brains to think pull it back 24 hours instead of letting them ride in the wet and poodle round for points and risk a bad crash

After saying that it has started to come down heavier again! bloody british summer hey! Hopefully if the weather stays like this the FIM will have the brains to think pull it back 24 hours instead of letting them ride in the wet and poodle round for points and risk a bad crash

If this weather keeps up thats my fear as it will turn it into a gating competition,with riders unable to move off the line infear of getting filled in,and thats no good to nobody.But as I posted the tracks been under covers for some time so the corners will be bone dry.

BBC weather looks promising (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819)

heavy rain - 19.00

light rain - 20.00

white cloud - 21.00

Perhaps delay the start a bit, it will be FTG but didnt expect much else at berwick.

Edited by Cj69

Perhaps delay the start a bit, it will be FTG but didnt expect much else at berwick.

Wash your mouth out. ;)

Unless the promotion has got an extension,our curfew time is 9-30,so a delay would be most un-welcome.

Still raining,still fairly light though.

Rains pretty heavy now. :blink:

If the covers have been left on, then all this rain at the moment is irrelevant.

The sun is peeking out as I type, so pretty sure this will go ahead.

On the planning issue, here is the link.

Berwick Town Council objected: that really is beyond belief.

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-headlines/extra-rain-off-meets-secured-for-speedway-1-2350230

I'm sat in Morrisons cafe, rain is bouncing at the moment...can't see any sign of sun...anywhere!

5 miles from the track and rain has stopped, still very grey sky but getting brighter. fingers crossed

I gave you the political answer"i refer you to the answer i gave before" If you couldn`t be bothered to go back 1 page then it`s not my fault .

I didn't know it was on the previous page. I don't see post numbers so it could have been anywhere.

Decided not go in the end and my decision is proving to be correct; No racing and terrible track.

This all sounds very familiar. At least nobody caught aids from KFC this time.

Qualifiers:

C. Harris

R. Fisher

L. Sundstrom

D. King

K. Hansen

D. Watt

K. Buczkowski

T. Aarnio

S. Masters

E. Sanchez (Res)

Edited by ImpartialOne