British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Final 2011/12 Winter Practice At Scunthorpe - Sunday 18th March 1-5pm Everyone Welcome

Every Sunday through the winter (apart from Christmas Day and New Year's Day) there will be an open practice at Scunthorpe Speedway.

The cost is £35 with a TEN POUND DISCOUNT FOR RIDERS AGED UNDER 15.

The track post code is DN15 8RR and directions are below.

There is NO NEED TO BOOK places but WEATHER AND TRACK UPDATES ALWAYS AVAILABLE available via me on 07832-402167. As we know riders invest time and money to come and practice you are welcome to TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANY TIME (we know some need an early start to get to us). Whilst predicting the weather isn't always easy you can be assured of honest and practical advice.

All ages and abilities are welcome (including grasstrack bikes, sidecars, short trackers etc)and the gates are open from mid-morning and signing-on is from midday. I take great care to ensure any riders out at the same time are happy to be on track together (and not mismatched ability wise). We also have Scunthorpe

As always the practice sessions have:

- medical cover

- track spares van (Rob Manchester 07816-200482)

- FREE day licenses. Just sign-on on the day.

For anyone who hasn't been before Scunthorpe's 285m track lies just one mile to the north of Scunthorpe on the road to Normanby Hall Country Park. Whatever direction you approach Scunthorpe from, you will pass the track entrance if you follow the signs for Normanby Hall. You can now just look out for North Lincolnshire's first wind turbines which are now just behind the track.

Edited by Scunny Stag

forecast is good for the day as long as we avoid a very heavy frost on Saturday. Will look at the revised forecast on Saturday tea time.

Another great session today. Thanks to Graham and John for the track prep and all our volunteers who helped run it. Thanks also to all the riders who supported us today and have done throughout 2011. It has been a great year for the club with the track in use an incredible number of times.

I hope everyone (volunteers, riders, their mechanics and families) has a super Christmas and perhaps we'll see you for the amateur meeting on Saturday 7th January (book with me) or for the next practice, in three weeks time, on Sunday 8th January.

All the best for 2012!

Richard and Anne

Richard, bloody brilliant effort by all the guys and gals at a very sunny Scunny today. We had a great day, its not often raw novices like Hannah and Nat get to share pit space with established riders like Messers Tulley and McKinna and everyone is prepared to help and have a laugh. Our thanks must especially go to the helpers who stood around all day because although sunny it was pretty cold, I don't know how you get them to keep coming back, but glad you do, best wishes to you all for Christmas and here's to a sideways new year, see you in Jan, Gary.

• Like 1

Hi Gary. Just seen your post. Thanks for the kind words.

As for this weekend all looks good for Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to check with me then feel free to call on 07832-402167.

Just a reminder that we have another practice this sunday, 15th January (1pm to 5pm).

Sorry but the minitrack isn't fit for use tomorrow but there isn't a problem with the main track.

We have the latest of our winter practices this Sunday, 22nd January. If anyone can produce a great track in the winter it's Graham Trollope and 'Farmer' John Priestley.

Bookings not required but track and weather updates at any time from me on 078332-402167.

Looking forward to another great session.

Richard

Just a reminder we've got another practice this Sunday. Despite what weather other people have been having we don't have any problems with the track. We've 60+ races on Saturday and a good forecast. By all means call/text me on 07832-402167 for track/weather updates but not expecting any problems at this stage.

Sun never materialised yesterday so left the track greasy. Fingers crossed for this Sunday.

Due to the frosts we've been having and the forecast of snow tomorrow's practice has been cancelled. Remaining winter practices are on 12th,19th and 26th February plus 4th, 11th and 18th March. Amateur meetings are on 18th February and 17th March. Anyone wanting more information or to book in for the amateur meetings can call Richard Hollingsworth on 07832-402167.

Just a reminder that we have another practice on sunday 12th February. It means we have just four more before the season starts plus one on 18th March. Of course we also have competitive racing for all levels on 18th February and 17th March.

All looks good for Sunday's practice. Track should be good by then and weather forecast looks promising. Afraid cafe probably won't be open but we will have FREE tea and coffee in the signing-on office.

Anyone wanting to know what the track is like on Saturday night or Sunday morning feel free to call/text me on 07832-402167 although I should post an update on here at some point.