Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TMGracing

American Eagles Touring Team

The American Eagles will be touring a National league track near you.Gary Gomez who was the founder of the American Dream Team is returning with a new Team with the same concept that he had for the 5 years 2005-2010 that he worked with the American Dream Team. We will concentrate on challenge matches just like before with National league teams.

The tour dates will be published in early 2012 as we get them finalized. We are scheduling events between April 6th to the 21st. We have tracks that are showing interest and we will post them after the AGM.

Any one interested in scheduling a challenge match can contact Gary at tmgracing@aol.com

Is this different to the two recent tours that happened this year? :unsure:

Yes Matt, run by different but equally committed parties.

Hope to see Rocco, Raines and Green back if possible!

It will be nice to see you back over here in 2012 Gary, but please bear in mind, we need to see competitive racing, in the recent past this element seems to have been forgot, i would much rather see a strong difficult to beat American Team, than a couple of decent riders backed by complete Novices, Your Team will need three Good Class Heatleaders capable of beating ANY NL Heatleader, then you will be able to get away with the Novice/Junior riders, but it is getting a little repetitive now to see DT Teams getting steamrollered.

I mean this Gary as a word of advice, because i do like to see the Americans over here. :wink: but you will need to be competitive.

I think a problem with all these USA teams is that they are not selected teams but by and large invitational squads of those riders who are prepared to finance their own journey to the UK.

It will be nice to see you back over here in 2012 Gary, but please bear in mind, we need to see competitive racing, in the recent past this element seems to have been forgot, i would much rather see a strong difficult to beat American Team, than a couple of decent riders backed by complete Novices, Your Team will need three Good Class Heatleaders capable of beating ANY NL Heatleader, then you will be able to get away with the Novice/Junior riders, but it is getting a little repetitive now to see DT Teams getting steamrollered.

I mean this Gary as a word of advice, because i do like to see the Americans over here. :wink: but you will need to be competitive.

Greyoundp If you go back and take a look at my track record when I was with the Dream Team we won 50% of our matches. If I can't put together a competetive team than I wont do the tour. I wont just come over to make up numbers these guys will have to be good. I want to make our challenge matches just what people want to see for their hard earned money a good competetive match.

I think a problem with all these USA teams is that they are not selected teams but by and large invitational squads of those riders who are prepared to finance their own journey to the UK.

We do have a choice on who we can bring out or who wants to ride for us.But the bottom line as you say the riders have to be able to finance their journeys.

I know he may be a bit too good for the National League but I would like to see Chris Kerr in the American Team at number 1. I think its really sad that Chris has been forced out of British Speedway purely down to his average ( my opinon) as he is one of my favourite riders.

:cry:

Would be nice to see him riding in the UK again ;)

Edited by Brummie Kev

Love seeing the American touring teams at Buxton so i hope so much were on the fixture list, also looking forward to hopefully seeing the American format that we didn't get to see due to that annoying rain !

I know he may be a bit too good for the National League but I would like to see Chris Kerr in the American Team at number 1. I think its really sad that Chris has been forced out of British Speedway purely down to his average ( my opinon) as he is one of my favourite riders.

:cry:

Would be nice to see him riding in the UK again ;)

Kev I will speak with Chris since I was the one that brought him over in the first place but I don't believe it's possible for him to come back at this time.

As far as us riding at Buxton that would be a great place to ride.

Love seeing the American touring teams at Buxton so i hope so much were on the fixture list, also looking forward to hopefully seeing the American format that we didn't get to see due to that annoying rain !

Yes I'd second that. The Leicester event was an extremely enjoyable afternoon.

I don't think the matches against PL sides have worked, the American scorecharts have been too unbalanced (relying on Ryan Fisher and other talents brought in to enhance the team). Contrast that with the last heat decider against the GB U21 Select at Dudley.

I'd like to see Jimmy Fishback again, and perhaps one more experienced rider like fast Eddie (maybe Buck Blair or Bart Bast).

Judging by his performance at Perris on Saturday Russell Green has certainly benefited from visiting the UK and I'd certainly be trying to get him back along with Novratil, Scopellite and Starks. I wouldn't be averse to seeing Buman, Manzares or Ramirez again. I see that Max Ruml will be old enough to race at NL level next year, but I'd imagine he'd want some time to get used to 500cc machines in California before coming over here - so I'd imagine an Autumn 2012 or 2013 tour would suit him better

But that's just what I'd like in an ideal world - you could call it my 'Dream Team' :wink:

Lots of great ideas and suggestions which I am sure Gary will take on board ...here's one to throw at him.....

there may be quite a few young Brits looking for team spots in 2012 and looking for a way to put themselves, so to speak, in the "shop window" for NL promoters to look at ---is there any way we could incorporate one or two of them within the tour ??? ..... over to you Gary !!

Lots of great ideas and suggestions which I am sure Gary will take on board ...here's one to throw at him.....

there may be quite a few young Brits looking for team spots in 2012 and looking for a way to put themselves, so to speak, in the "shop window" for NL promoters to look at ---is there any way we could incorporate one or two of them within the tour ??? ..... over to you Gary !!

This is supposed to be an American team - with riders paying their own fares to UK (??). I would be delighted if I was an American to be left out of the side for a 'shop window Brit'!!!

This is supposed to be an American team - with riders paying their own fares to UK (??). I would be delighted if I was an American to be left out of the side for a 'shop window Brit'!!!

Not what I meant ....will leave this up to Gary to comment on!!