British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Forum Upgrade....welcome Back.

Hi,

The forum has had a major upgrade to the latest version of software, this has taken a considerable amount of time and the reason for the delay in getting the forum back online.

I am pleased to announce that is now back and all members have had their private warnings indicators zeroised, with a fresh start.

The legal enquiry was about a topic posted by Duchess of Sherbourne linking to a Blog Site.

The BSPA and their solicitors have made it clear they will not tolerate comments of a defamatory nature.

Many Thanks,

Phi

You will notice the Forum Photos have replaced the Avatars. I am really sorry about this and very annoyed with the forum software providers IPB ( as are a lot of others forum owners)

They have done so it is like Facebook and other social networkings sites.

Please check out the support section form more info here...

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=16

Phil

Please be nice to all members and the sport we love. Speedway needs as many supporters as possible, think about how to help promote the sport rather than risk damaging it.

Constructive criticism and suggestions on improvement rather than negative and damaging attacks.

:t::cheers:

I need a few of these! :drink:

This threw me slightly too SC. When you log in on your phone scroll to the very bottom of the screen. There's an option to switch to mobile view.

Why is it , since the format was changed , when i first log on and click onto a subject - it takes forever to turn a page . Doesn't matter whether i'm on my own PC , the work's PC , or my daughter's laptop . Whether i click onto Premier League speedway , speedway general discussions , or general discussions - it's always the same . Once that initial time lag ( sometimes it takes about 5 minutes ) is over the forum is fine and the pages change quickly , but that initial request takes an age .

Why is it , since the format was changed , when i first log on and click onto a subject - it takes forever to turn a page . Doesn't matter whether i'm on my own PC , the work's PC , or my daughter's laptop . Whether i click onto Premier League speedway , speedway general discussions , or general discussions - it's always the same . Once that initial time lag ( sometimes it takes about 5 minutes ) is over the forum is fine and the pages change quickly , but that initial request takes an age .

Same with me Paulco - I tend to use the 'View New Content' button and it takes forever!

I thought it was just me - I tend to press the button and go off to do something else and come back.

It will be interesting to see if its a set up thing that we can sort out.

Me too. I have been giving up and going to other websites. No other website is as slooowwwwwww....... as this one is initially.

Yeah I have had problems all the time with the forum being slow, any chance of another upgrade Phil ! :D

Had the same problem,plus posts disappearing during load up and sometimes being in a strange text that i haven't clicked on and my spelling is worse since this new software which must be to blame :P The new forum must also be to blame for my Speedway Star always being late :D

• Like 1

You'd think at 1am in the morning the forum would be running at a fast speed but I often can't even get on lately. When I did manage it the other day and made a post I gave up after 5 minutes waiting for it to go through. It never used to be this bad. :sad:

Slowest it's ever been this morning . Clicked onto PL speedway , went downstairs and boiled the kettle and made a cuppa , emptied out my e-mails , went onto Bet 365 and put my horses on , and the page still hadn't turned . That must be some sort of record .

Hi,

I will look into it and let you know.

Phil

Hi,

I will look into it and let you know.

Could take a few days to sort fully though as got a lot on at the moment.

Phil