British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Micky Dyer?

Just wondering what the Dudley fans thought of Micky when he rode for them in 2010?

I appreciate it's been a year since you saw him but is he ready for pl speedway and who would you compare him to?

check the thread about a week back.

Micky D, most Heathens fans were impressed with Micky, came over probably 6 weeks into the season, and finished with if i remember around a 7 point average, he would do a job for Edinburgh or any PL team, when he gates he takes some catching, nice style, can come from the back, all in all, he would be worth a chance, and it would not be a big gamble, would expect him to average around 4+ in his first season, but in his second season i would definately expect him to increase that to over 6+, what i am saying is, i have seen a lot worse than Micky Dyer, and Teams could do a lot worse than sign Micky.

I thought Micky was great. Superb style, very natural on a bike and exciting to watch.

I'd agree he should be capable of 5.00+ in the PL

Was really disappointed to hear that he'd packed in speedway 12 months ago, but delighted that he's on the comeback trail now - he has plenty to offer.

I'd agree he should be capable of 5.00+ in the PL

If he struggled to make a 7 in the NL i think the may struggle to hit a 5 in the PL looking at the conversions of other riders,there alot of riders over an 8 in the NL who cant get 4 in the PL,its a big ask to do a 5

If he struggled to make a 7 in the NL i think the may struggle to hit a 5 in the PL looking at the conversions of other riders,there alot of riders over an 8 in the NL who cant get 4 in the PL,its a big ask to do a 5

Fair comment, but he came in part-way through the season and it was his first time away from Aussie on his own. If he was coming in at the start of the season next year and not giving everyone a couple of months head-start, it would be a significant difference. Plus, he's had the experience of being over here now, and would be stronger for it next time around. His natural style and ability should be the biggest factors to put faith in him.

. His natural style and ability should be the biggest factors to put faith in him.

Good point but one of the most natural speedway riders ive seen for while,Richie Worrall,i think reached a 3.8[ish] in the PL

Montie, I did say 4+ in his first season, as 79 said he gave mostly everyone a head start in his NL season, and got very home sick, I will say again worth a chance for most PL Teams, but would need to be over two seasons before you saw his natural ability come through.

I thought he was great when he was at Dudley and I'm sure he would do a decent job in the Premier League. :t:

From what I saw of him, he was better than average, but not sensational like Heeps.

However, you never know how they will adapt to the higher level. Good luck to Micky @ armadale either way!

Edited by superguest