British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

2012 Australian Solo Championships Qualifiers And Seeded Riders

I don't think Batchelor tried to cause an accident and wasn't "dirty". Just hard.

Mmm, I must remember this post should a similar incident occur down at Wimbourne Road between Pooles favourite rider, Lewis Bridger!!!, and Chris Holder.

Anyone care to bet that Mr Shovlar would be definately singing from a different hymn book!!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

If there's a gap a rider will go for it and Batchelor went for the gap in a last gasp effort to win the heat.

and there lies the problem. There wasn't a gap for the little round door handle head to go for. Kozza was riding the line. What did the little round door handle head hope to achieve from making a pass like he did. It wasn't hard, it was plain dirty pure and simple.

What a load of nonesense this has become. I am certainly no big fan of Batchelor and the right decision was made to exclude him. But speedway is a mans sport and things like this happen every night of the week.

This is the National Championships and Batchelor wanted to win. If there's a gap a rider will go for it and Batchelor went for the gap in a last gasp effort to win the heat. Smith closed the door, they clashed and Batchelor was rightly excluded.

Unfortunatly Smith came off badly and broke his leg. Hope he gets well soon. More often than not all riders would get up and walk back to the pits.

I don't think Batchelor tried to cause an accident and wasn't "dirty". Just hard.

I don't often agree with Shovvy but I think his post above is spot on. It was a similar move to that which Nicholls pulled on Harris in the British Final last year, tough racing. If there is a small gap there it has to be gone for when a National Championship is on the line.

Like others have said though, its easy to see things differently when the rider getting hurt is from your own team, as I did the first time I saw it. When you see it a couple of times though it was just hard racing and would probably have resulted in everyone staying upright nine times out of ten.

If a similar incident occurs at Poole this season I'm sure SS will respond in exactly the same manner ;)

• Like 1

I agree with Shovlar and Bagpuss. Looks like Batchelor shoved him and then a couple of seconds later got caught up with him and they both came off. A shame but thats racing.

Sedgman looking in good form, more and more happy with his signing!

Especially considering he didn't expect to do too well here: it's not his favourite track by any means; the surface is a lot different to Southern tracks.

I was standing near the fence in the pits, very close to where it happened and had a very good, front on view.

Gavin.

I thought you'd been sentenced to guard the back entrance to the pits for undisclosed misdemeanours like ensuring the riders, both junior and senior, had race-jackets? Glad you managed to catch the racing. Have those plump, juicy ripe Bowen mangoes I saw you guarding jealously at the end of the meeting gone to meet their maker yet?

BFD surfing??? :blink: That is a truly mind boggling thought! :D The only thing remotely resembling surf that BFD is likely to touch is the froth on top of a cool beer! :wink::P

G/Day Bryn.... Greenpeace had him covered in hessian sacks and pouring buckets of water over him untill they could rolling him back into the water!!!!! 3 times he came back to sure...... we managed to tow him down south with my boat to tweeds heads and smuggle him off the beach and back to the nearest pub!!!!! Greenpeace was righ on one point.... BFD's are nearing extinction in Qld....... lets hope he is in time for schooles mating season next year as he migrates past ........ :t:

All in the eye of the beholder I suppose. People with pre-set opinions aren't likely to take an even-handed approach to hard racing; they just love anonymously slagging riders off from the safety of their loungerooms - must be something in the water over there.

All eyes turn to Kurri Kurri for round two, with most interest centred on who will be replacing our two withdrawals - can Harley Horwood and Tyson Nelson commit themselves to the expense of the next two rounds?

Edited by BigFatDave

Two seperate issues now......as I've said I don't think there was too much wrong with the race itself but Batchelor's words afterwards leave a lot to be desired. He could certainly do with a bit of PR training, unless of course he likes being portrayed as the bad guy.

There's a villain in every pantomime , Baggie!

Absolutely, and if he's happy to be seen in that light then good luck to him, its not done Pedersen or Fisher much harm in their careers so far. You'd imagine that Troy has probably had the professional courtesy to make contact with Kozza since the incident to see how he is anyway so his interview perhaps shouldn't be taken as his definitive response to things. Will be interesting to hear what Kozza has to say too, can't imagine him being anything other than philosophical about it all.

Absolutely, and if he's happy to be seen in that light then good luck to him, its not done Pedersen or Fisher much harm in their careers so far. You'd imagine that Troy has probably had the professional courtesy to make contact with Kozza since the incident to see how he is anyway so his interview perhaps shouldn't be taken as his definitive response to things. Will be interesting to hear what Kozza has to say too, can't imagine him being anything other than philosophical about it all.

He is. I spoke to him yesterday, cheerful as always and he's back home now and will be at Kurri Kurri on Saturday night. For those who think there was a gap, Kozza was riding the white line. You can see this by going to www.gillmanspeedway.com (Latest News) and looking at the photo of Chris Holder and Dave Watt in the final last Saturday. It was taken on pits bend, where the "coming together" took place. You can see the white line INSIDE the wet part of the track.

Gavin.