British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedibee

Last Ever Telford

on bspa site it says Martin Smolinski wants to win the last ever Telford meeting , why is it the last anyone know ?

on bspa site it says Martin Smolinski wants to win the last ever Telford meeting , why is it the last anyone know ?

Because there will be no more.......

• Like 1

Because there will be no more.......

Well that was helpful :o

It's because Telford Ice Rink is having a refurb, and the rink will no longer be able to accommodate the necessary safety fence for ice speedway

It's the last one because I'm going. First time I'll have been...

always go to this will miss it makes the start of the speedway season

Sad this will be the last one, I go most years and it will be a HUGE loss. Pleased with the names so far, Smolinski has been very good on Ice and always plays upto the crowd. Kennett has been a regular at Telford in recent years, will be good to see him ride after his ban.

Surely Tony Atkin will be named, he seems unbeatable around Telford!! I personally would like to see Christian Hulshorst back, Hynek Sticheaur was pretty good last year so could he line up too.

Looking forward to this already as for me its gets me in the mood for the new season. It has had its critics buts its an enjoyable fun day out. :t:

I went last year on the evening and was quite disappointed with the turnout, considering it wasn't on the year before - lets hope that this year there's a bumper crowd. It's a fantastic event which I'll miss a load.

I went to one in the late 80s in the days when Andy Campbell was winning ice rink speedway. Total Mickey Mouse event. Bit of fun to break up the non-speedway winter months but that's about all.

This event must be a licence to print money, so I'd be amazed if this isn't moved to another venue if at all possible.

This event must be a licence to print money, so I'd be amazed if this isn't moved to another venue if at all possible.

As I said last year the turnout was quite poor (in my opinion) so I'm not sure if that's actually the case.