British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Costings

Could someone possibly help me with some costings please?.

What would be a ROUGH cost to take up some turf,and put down a Speedway track of some 280 mtrs,with drainage,safety fence,starting gate etc,providing they would not be to prohibitive,i intend pursuing a possible opportunity that may be there.

Also what guarantees have to be lodged with the Conference league prior/on joining?.

I realise that i can find out most if not all of these things by going directly to the BSPA,but i would prefer not to involve them at the present time,until such times that we have progressed matters further.

Take up some turf ??

Can't be anywhere near Dudley Wood then eh? :wink:

I seem to remember Wimbledons new track cost in the region of £60K. A doubt if that included the starting gate as they would already have had that from the previous consortium. There is also the safety fence unsure if these costs were included as well.

I also believe a bond has to be paid to the BSPA, this could be in the region of 30-40K, so you are talking considersble sums before a team is sort.

Try emailing # Name Removed # of the Wimbledon consortium, he is a member of the forum. He seems an approachable person.

Mylor,i only wish.

I know you were joking about Dudley Wood,but the guys behind the return of Cradley have everything in place except for LAND.

No what we have in mind may be an opportunity that may or may not be there,and it arose during a conversation we were having about the plight of Dudley Wood.

Cheers Deano.

Deano e,mail me at paulhtromans@freeuk.com

Edited by greyhoundp

Could someone possibly help me with some costings please?.

What would be a ROUGH cost to take up some turf,and put down a Speedway track of some 280 mtrs,with drainage,safety fence,starting gate etc,providing they would not be to prohibitive

I've heard a figure of around GBP 40K for a typical BCL track.