British Speedway Forum
Gearhead

Kozza Smith Broken Femur

Kozza Smith has had surgery on a broken femur sustained at the first round of the Australian Championships after a crash with Troy Batchelor,and will miss the start of the 2012 season for Berwick and Kings Lynn,terrible news for the unlucky Kozza,who had a bad one at the end of last season too.He led heat 8 for narly all 4 laps from Batchelor,who collided with him on the last bend,Batchelor was exluded and the race awarded,best wishes for a quick recovery,get well soon Kozza!

Edited by Gearhead

Hopeing for a full and speedy recovery for you Kossa

Update from Gavin Elmes on Australian Speedway Forum:

"An update on Kozza. I just spoke to him as I was planning to pop up to the hospital this afternoon to see him, but he's on crutches and hopes to be on his way home today (Tues) and at Kurri on Saturday night! It's his left leg, and a rod and pins have been inserted. There is no "definite" time frame on how long recovery will take. He was just as cheerful as always - top lad - always has been."

That's pretty positive news, I reckon.

Edited by BigFatDave

Update from Gavin Elmes on Australian Speedway Forum:

"An update on Kozza. I just spoke to him as I was planning to pop up to the hospital this afternoon to see him, but he's on crutches and hopes to be on his way home today (Tues) and at Kurri on Saturday night! It's his left leg, and a rod and pins have been inserted. There is no "definite" time frame on how long recovery will take. He was just as cheerful as always - top lad - always has been."

That's pretty positive news, I reckon.

Excellent news on Kozza. :approve:

Thanks for the updates on Kozza. If anyone gets to speak to him, please give him best wishes from his many Kings Lynn fans, who can't wait to see him back on a bike at Saddlebow Road.

Get well soon Kozza.

wish kozza a speedy recovery and get him back on bike as soon as possible!

batchelor says that it wasnt his fault has he seen the footage from the race as most poeple have maybe it is just my opnion but he was riding dirty!

get well soon kozza

• Like 1

Get Well Soon Kozza.

Not had the pleasure of seeing you race in the flesh, only on TV.

Now I'm back in England again, it will be one of my aims, to see you

race in the UK.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Get well soon Kozza! A massive blow to Lynn and Berwick :( Can only hope he comes back a stronger rider as he's had way too many knocks since he's been over here. He deserves a whole lot of good luck thrown in his direction!

• Like 2

great guy , been in his company few times good laugh , was at redcar when he was guesting against glasgow , won 1 of races stopped at finishline parked his bike high 5 redcar fans ran back 2 pits , great guy

• Like 1

Speaking with Lee, (Kozza's Bike man) this week, he voiced concern over Kozza's return this year. Apparently the fracture was high on the leg, very close to the thigh knuckle joint. this is creating a lot of painful movement. He's now off the crutches and getting about slowly on his own. He's finding it very tough and his recouporation is slower then antisipated. He was originally hoping to be back here in July, and riding before the end of the season, but that is looking a long way off at the moment.

Thinking of you Kozza....... Don't give up mate.

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

Speaking with Lee, (Kozza's Bike man) this week, he voiced concern over Kozza's return this year. Apparently the fracture was high on the leg, very close to the thigh knuckle joint. this is creating a lot of painful movement. He's now off the crutches and getting about slowly on his own. He's finding it very tough and his recouporation is slower then antisipated. He was originally hoping to be back here in July, and riding before the end of the season, but that is looking a long way off at the moment.

Well said GRW :approve: Speedway needs riders like him more than ever.Can only wish Koz all the best and i hope we have him back with us sooner rather than later..

Thanks for the update,if Smith has to right off this season so he can come back in 2013 all the stronger then so be it.He still has a long career ahead of him.