British Speedway Forum
Bert Harkins

Celebration Of Speedway 2012

Put the date in your diary, Sunday 19th February 2012 as that is the date for this year's WSRA Celebration of Speedway at Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire 11am till 4pm.Speedway bikes from Pre War Douglas and Rudge to Ice Racing bikes and modern lay-downs, all will be on display and some will be bursting into life again. Look out for the adverts in the Speedway press. Collectors' Fayre, BBQ and plenty of food outlets around the Park, so come and join us and you may even win a day at a Speedway Training School! Paradise Wildlife Park is signposted from Junction 25 of the M25,......."Seemples!"

What are the entry arrangements for the event this year ? Been the last 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Thanks in advance.

Rico :rolleyes:

Hello, Rico, Sorry for the delay in replying. Entry to Paradise Wildlife Park, Museum and Celebration of Speedway Exhibition, is FREE OF CHARGE on 19th Feb if you bring along your Speedway Star or Classic Speedway advert for the event. Normal admission to the Park is £16 so as it is free, we are asking fans to please buy some raffle tickets on the day as all proceeds will be going towards a fund for a new wheelchair for Australian, Mike Letch and you could win some good prizes whilst helping a good cause.

Looking forward to it, although it will be pretty cold being earlier than last years event!

Retro Speedway will be there as usual, so plse come and say 'hello' to Susie and myself.

Apart from having all our other products on sale, we will also be launching our brand new History of Canterbury Speedway double-disc DVD (£16), featuring lots of racing footage, plus new filmed interciews with former Crusaders Graeme Smith, Ted Hubbard, Les Rumsey, Barney Kennett, Denzil Kent, Dave Mullett, Kevin Howland and former co-promoter/team manager Maurice Morley.

See you there!

Tony Mac

Thanks for the reply Haggis. Got the Star today, so all systems go.

My little 'un is wondering if the motorcycling 'stunt' man will be there again this year ? He was fantastic.

Rico :rolleyes:

Sorry, Rico, the stunt man won't be there this year but at least we should have some unsilenced Speedway bikes being fired up from time to time. Hope you enjoy the day,.......Wrap up warm!

More news on the raffle to raise funds for a new and more technical wheelchair for Australian, Mike Letch. prizes include a free day's training at "My First Skid" Training School to learn to ride a Speedway bike, Two Tickets for the Cardiff GP, courtesy of BSI Speedway, a signed Ivan Mauger race jacket and a Jim Blanchard action painting of Tai . Remember, entry to the Park is free for Speedway supporters on 19th Feb, so please support Mike Letch by buying a raffle ticket or two. Thankyou.

STOP PRESS!! Former Hackney favourite, Bengt Jansson has just phoned to say that he is flying over from Sweden for the Celebration of Speedway on Sunday 19th.so get your cameras and autograph books ready. Other news is that the prizes for the Raffle which is in aid of a new more technical wheelchair for Mike Letch, will include;- 2 tickets for the Cardiff GP, courtesy of BSI Speedway, 2 VIP tickets for the Ben Fund meeting at Birmingham, courtesy of the Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund, A free day's training at the "My First Skid" Speedway School,, a signed Ivan Mauger race jacket, a signed limited edition print of Tai Woffinden, courtesy of Jim Blanchard, etc. Entry to the Wildlife Park and Speedway Exhibitionis free on Sunday, so please buy some raffle tickets for the Mike Letch Fund. Thank you.

This is always a good day out. My particular input is that I have body colours signed by every living World Individual Speedway Champion, that will be on show. Bikewise, I'll leave the JAP, Jawa, Weslake & Godden at home, as there will be plenty of those wonderful machines on show. This year, I will have laydown machines from Tony Rickardsson, Leigh Adams, Jason Crump & Tomasz Gollob, for any of you that want to climb on, and have your picture taken. Bring your cameras along. Looking forward to meeting all of you there. This gathering is for you brilliant fans to have your day. Weather forecast is pretty good.

Please come and say "hello".

Tim.

This is always a good day out. My particular input is that I have body colours signed by every living World Individual Speedway Champion, that will be on show. Bikewise, I'll leave the JAP, Jawa, Weslake & Godden at home, as there will be plenty of those wonderful machines on show. This year, I will have laydown machines from Tony Rickardsson, Leigh Adams, Jason Crump & Tomasz Gollob, for any of you that want to climb on, and have your picture taken. Bring your cameras along. Looking forward to meeting all of you there. This gathering is for you brilliant fans to have your day. Weather forecast is pretty good.

Please come and say "hello".

Tim.

I've just seen a weather forecast for Sunday and it gives a maximum high of six degrees centigrade. That's 42.8 fahrenheit.

Edited by kennylane

Unfortunately I couldn't make the day out to Paradise ... but my little bro had some bikes on show with HUBBARDS MOBILE SPEEDWAY MUSEUM said it was a fantastic day out as always and Uncle Ted and Auntie Jeannette enjoyed themselves as well !! Am looking forward to watching my copy of the Canterbury DVD my bro says it's definately worth watching he was only halfway through and text me to tell me to hav a box of tissues ready as I would need them ..... it must be good as he's not really old enough to remember Canterbury at it's best so if he thinks it's emotional I most definately will!!!!

Many thanks TMC for taking the time to put all of my memories of Canterbury on DVD x