British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

League A G M

Can anyone tell me how the national league points limit can be set before they hold the a g m.How can it help young riders when by setting the limit before you know how many teams are running,Its going to mean teams that will be over the limit from last year. are not going to offer all riders a team place..Just what is going to happen to these riders ,.there are

not enough teams to fit them in.and they being british the premier and elite leagues wont touch them.SO can someone tell me how this type of thing is going to help young riders.I can name ten who look like missing out,So all the effort they have put in will be wasted.

Edited by bw double

They had a pre-agm meeting where most things were discussed. I think the AGM is just finalising a few things?

Either that, or, unlike the EL, the NL is capable of applying rules for more than 1 year in advance, meaning more stability.

As has been stated they have had a prelimary meeting to set a points limit so promoters can start building their teams ,,At that stage they dont know precicely how many teams will be in the league which would appear to be the main reason for the delay in the A.G.M. date and that is a problem with this league in particular..Which as you say does not help the riders...

does anybody actually know when the NL AGM is, or is the date "on hold?"

It's in the SS today, but I haven't got it to hand. Off the top of my head, it's later this month.

The National League A.G.M. takes place at Rugby on thursday 26th of January,,Any new teams will aparently be given some time after this date to join the League, it is hoped that there are one or two possibilities in that direction but as yet nothing certain..

The 40 point limit was only agreed in principle, a sort of 'gentlemen's agreement'. It can't actually be confirmed until the AGM which is probably why no-one has a full 1-7 yet. Anyone know if the idea of a 2.50 average for newbie u-18s is going to resurface? Not a bad idea imo... oh and one commonwealth rider per team please

• Like 1

The idea of a reduced average for total novices could be a good thing provided safegaurds are put in to stop possible obuses of the system,,ie Aussies,,,riders over a certain age,, and so on...

The 40 point limit was only agreed in principle, a sort of 'gentlemen's agreement'. It can't actually be confirmed until the AGM which is probably why no-one has a full 1-7 yet. Anyone know if the idea of a 2.50 average for newbie u-18s is going to resurface? Not a bad idea imo... oh and one commonwealth rider per team please

Heathens have a full 1-7 agreed, with only the last rider still to be publicly announced.

If only 8 teams come to tapes this year ,as seems likely at the moment,,it will be vital to increase the number of meetings with an additional competition ..The stand alones have the biggest problem ,,but all the riders will suffer if nothing is done.....

If only 8 teams come to tapes this year ,as seems likely at the moment,,it will be vital to increase the number of meetings with an additional competition ..The stand alones have the biggest problem ,,but all the riders will suffer if nothing is done.....

Do you think the promotion at Rye will want more meetings Waco??

I think rye can handle more than 7 or 8 meetings,with the use of double headers available that could take care of 3 .. And the Rockets ride away on several sats.... So yes im sure they could....Want to ???? Dont know....

Edited by waco

i am sure that the stand alone teams will need more meetings Mildenhall Buxton I O W Stoke and maybe Dudley will need more so how about a trophy league and a k o c just for them and any who want to join them.

Well, first of all let's hope there are 10 teams and it's not a problem. But if there are only 8 teams then my preference is 2H & 2A league. I appreciate that may not be feasible for all clubs though, and this is where it gets understandably difficult. There are some very promising riders in the NL and they desperately need as much competitive action as possible. A mere handful of meetings is simply not enough for the like of Darryl Ritchings, as just one example that springs to mind.

I hate the idea of some clubs racing each other twice but not all, as per the EL. It makes an even bigger farce of what is already a bad joke because the play off's have turned the league into a glorified cup competition. So if I had my way that idea wouldn't even be tabled. But then we run the risk of having some random, doesn't really mean anything, mini cup competition being dreamt up. I don't like that idea either.

I think if it came to it I would prefer to see the Heathens take on some of the expected bottom PL teams. It would give the lads that are looking to make the step up PL level some idea of where they are in comparison. Okay, so we would almost certainly lose but at home and on form we have a few lads that should give some of the lower order PL teams something to think about.

As an alternative to that a mini GP style competition would be good. Apart from anything else it could be run over however many rounds we need to make up a decent number of fixtures. The 7 Heathens plus 9 top NL stars invited (and 2 reserves) competing over 7 rounds (for example) would give the lads some experience of that style of individual racing alongside their team racing. This could even be extended by running a few rounds at each of the stand alone clubs if they're all looking to make up the fixtures. It would be a lot more meaningful than the Staffordshire Cup we're starting with against Stoke. We're not even in Staffordshire!

It would be a lot more meaningful than the Staffordshire Cup we're starting with against Stoke. We're not even in Staffordshire!

This is true, you aren't in Staffordshire, but given that you won't be winning the cup anyway, it's not so much of an issue ;)

• Like 1