British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News 2012

Speedway SM-liiga teams and lineups for next season.

SM-liiga 2012:

Sand Blowers: 1) Jari Mäkinen, 2) Niko Siltaniemi, 3) Aarni Heikkilä, 4) Pasi Pulliainen, 5) Andreas Messing.

Keittiöpiste:1) Tero Aarnio, 2) Timo Lahti, 3) Teemu Lahti,4) Marko Hyyryläinen, 5) Marko Suojanen.

Kotkat: 1) Juha Hautamäki, 2) Mika Loppi, 3) Markku Autio,4) Joni Keskinen.

Haukat: 1) Kalle Katajisto, 2) Jiri Nieminen, 3) Vili Mattila, 4) Mika Pellinen, 5) Alexander Edberg.

Looks like Paholaiset (Pori) don`t wanna ride the SM-Liiga this year and will be "replaced" by Haukat (Lahti)? And Kotkat only with 4 rider?

When does the fixtures are confirmed/published by the SML?

Edited by Jacqueline

Looks like Paholaiset (Pori) don`t wanna ride the SM-Liiga this year and will be "replaced" by Haukat (Lahti)? And Kotkat only with 4 rider?

When does the fixtures are confirmed/published by the SML?

Yes, Pori announced at the AGM that they are not in the league 2012. It's a shame, big time and mostly to do with money meaning lack of it. I've been doing some stats lately and went through a lot of results since 2004. Pori has had the highest crowds year after year since 2004. Also the stadium is top class in Finland and I rate the track as # 1 in Finland.

The 5th rider in the squads announced is just cosmetics basically. The meeting format stays the same 4 teams with 4 riders each. The 5th is basically named so that the others cant take him in their teams.

The spring conference will finalize the dates for the two leagues and it will be held in late February. Unless some dramatic change of fortunes, they will be published by the end of February.

Haukat from Lahti, yes.

The Kaupunki Cup is about to see a return of the tracks at Varkaus and also Karhula. Neither of the two teams has officially listed themselves in to the coming KC, but thats the talk behind the scenes. Hyvinkää's 2nd team in KC last season was in fact three riders from Karhula, because the Karhula track would not pass for a track license (some details with the fence). Varkaus announced they would enter the league this season as well, but that fell through. The situation at Varkaus I'm told is quite promising. The stadium had a facelift last summer and new riders have appeared at the track.

Deadline for the participation in the KC is the end of January. It looks like a six team lineup.

Edited by f-s-p

Teams and lineuos for next season's Kaupunki cup are confirmed. Note that Varkaus and Karhula are returning tracks. Also 8!! teams with a possible 9th when home team is allowed to track another team in a meeting. Looks good, and busy.

Joukkueet ja niiden kokoonpanot speedwayn Kaupunki Cupissa 2012:

Pori: 1) Jouni Viljanen, 2) Jere Lehtonen.

Kauhajoki: 1) Vili Mattila, 2) Miikka Hyyryläinen, 3) Jarkko Kulmala

Seinäjoki: 1) Aarni Heikkilä, 2) Mika Loppi, 3) Herman Kenkkilä.

Varkaus: 1) Mico Brotkin, 2) Jesse Mustonen, 3) Eki Kaulamo.

Lahti 1: 1) Jiri Nieminen, 2) Jukka Nieminen, 3) Niko Siltaniemi.

Lahti 2: 1) Marko hyyryläinen, 2) Juha Tuominiemi, 3) Kalle Kivistö.

Forssa: 1) Marko Suojanen, 2) Jarkko Kunnaskari, 3) Ari Tuomisto.

Karhula: 1) Marko Toikka, 2) Tino Turkia, 3) Jani Eerikäinen.

Calendar for Finnish SM-liiga has been announced today.

SM-liiga 2012

Lahti June 5th: Haukat-Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste-Kotkat.

Hyvinkää June 12th: Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste-Kotkat-Haukat.

Seinäjoki June 19th: Kotkat-Haukat-Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste.

Kuusankoski July 3rd: Keittiöpiste-Kotkat-Haukat-Sand Blowers.

Lahti July 14th: Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste-Kotkat-Haukat.

Seinäjoki July 31st: Haukat-Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste-Kotkat.

Kuusankoski August 7th: Kotkat-Haukat-Sand Blowers-Keittiöpiste.

Hyvinkää August 18th: Keittiöpiste-Kotkat-Haukat-Sand Blowers.

Kaupunki Cup will start on May 12th from Varkaus, KC calendar will be published within a week.

Edited by f-s-p

KAUPUNKI CUP Calendar 2012

Varkaus May 12th: Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1.

Kauhajoki June 30th: Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa.

Seinäjoki July 1st: Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus.

Lahti 1 July 7th: Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori.

Lahti 2 July 15th: Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula.

Forssa August 19th: Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki.

Pori September 1st: Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki.

Karhula September 8th: Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2.

Edited by f-s-p

Now announced in Finland that the U21 quali has been given away because the FIM wants an airfence for this meeting. So far there isn't even one in Finland and none were apparently available for hire abroad. Denmark will host this now and the last I heard our top guns will give it a miss.

In my opinion the U21 wc has turned in to a joke with the current system of 7 or what finals. Finland as an example we have two riders of that level that they could make the series. They are not interested to invest that amount of money to ride in it, 10-15 k in euros has been mentioned. And having qualified from their quali, they have ride in the semi or face FIM ban for the rest of the season and a fine between 10-100k.

Now announced in Finland that the U21 quali has been given away because the FIM wants an airfence for this meeting. So far there isn't even one in Finland and none were apparently available for hire abroad. Denmark will host this now and the last I heard our top guns will give it a miss.

In my opinion the U21 wc has turned in to a joke with the current system of 7 or what finals. Finland as an example we have two riders of that level that they could make the series. They are not interested to invest that amount of money to ride in it, 10-15 k in euros has been mentioned. And having qualified from their quali, they have ride in the semi or face FIM ban for the rest of the season and a fine between 10-100k.

Saw that the meeting has gone to Denmark(Randers?),but didn't know why.But i thought it was a rule for a few years now that FIM meetings must have an airfence?I can understand where you,or the riders are coming from.We had the issue last season where riders didn't want to go to Russia for the team meeting due to costs....Argentina as i/we mentioned last year is a big ask for most young riders.Especially those that are struggling without any chance of a medal.But will they really fine/ban anyone?have they before?Just look at Dosaev in Ice Racing.How many times has he been listed as a starter and never turned up?But still he gets accepeted for the season afterwards!!!!He must have some bloody good excuses

Since I'm holding a beer on my other hand a my Sh!tPhone in the other on the shoreline of Lake Como I cant quote the rulebook but it's there. From what I was told last year Timo Lahti/Finland is actually the first ever rider/Federation that has received an uem fine, so why bother testing with FIM and fine 15 times as big.

The ban is for fim meetings, not leagues.

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

Sure they need an airfence,Which makesme wonder didn't the FIM know they didn't have one?Seems unlikely.Or was an airfence promised by the promoters and then they couldn't deliver?

Sure they need an airfence,Which makesme wonder didn't the FIM know they didn't have one?Seems unlikely.Or was an airfence promised by the promoters and then they couldn't deliver?

Just got back home and straight after putting my incredibly cheap liquor to it's place I checked that there was no mention of an APD (air fence) coming mandatory or even provisional for 2012 in the 2011 rule book.

There was work done and plenty I'm told to get a fence to Finland, but in the end there was no realistic plan to store and uphold it, so the federation backed out and gave the meeting away. There have been a few projects to get a fence in various tracks and a couple are rolling as we speak and have a chance of materialising, but they wont happen for this meeting anymore. They are big projects involving EC money and stuff like that, even Seinäjoki did'nt want to pay for the fence by themselves and they have been the "biggest/most economically balanced" club in Finland for the past few years.

u21 will be back to old format quickly, its just FiM bods eying up the free travel.

good luck to Kalle K in 2012

KAUPUNKI CUP Calendar 2012

Varkaus May 12th: Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1.

Kauhajoki June 30th: Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa.

Seinäjoki July 1st: Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori-Varkaus.

Lahti 1 July 7th: Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula-Pori.

Lahti 2 July 15th: Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki-Karhula.

Forssa August 19th: Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki-Seinäjoki.

Pori September 1st: Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2-Kauhajoki.

Karhula September 8th: Karhula-Pori-Varkaus-Forssa-Lahti 1-Lahti 2.

According to Forssa MS's homepage the first meeting in Varkaus is SIIRRETTY!

Do you have any fresh info about when and where it will take place?

According to Forssa MS's homepage the first meeting in Varkaus is SIIRRETTY!

Do you have any fresh info about when and where it will take place?

It means it's moved forward due to track conditions which in this case means that it's been winter for too long. For the past two years that track has opened today/this weeekend of April.

Saw that the meeting has gone to Denmark(Randers?),but didn't know why.

Edited by iris123