British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News 2012

New date for the Varkaus meeting should be set by May 16th.

The opening round of SM-liiga has been moved from Lahti to Hyvinkää because the Lahti track has lost it's "planning permission" for now due to noise complaints. There's work done to get it back and from the info I have it looks positive. No change in date.

Looking REALLY bleak for anykind of challenge from the Finn's in U21 worlds. It should all hit the fan later this week.

I'll now crawl back to my corner to wait for something positive to report from Finland. Please could someone bring beer and something to eat on a weekly basis, dont think I'm comin out for a loooooooooooong time. :neutral:

Edited by f-s-p

Yyteri speedway at Pori today

Marko Suojanen PMK 32333 14

Markku Autio KuMaMo 33331 13

Juha Hautamäki SeMK 23233 13

Pasi Pulliainen HyMK 13233 12

Teemu Lahti KMMK 32322 12

Joni Keskinen SeMK 2322N 9

Mika Loppi SeMK 11322 9

Janne Nyman SsMK 11113 7

Jani Pirttinen SeMK 02112 6

Vili Mattila KauhjMK 01122 6

Jouni Viljanen PMK 02210 5

Jarkko Kunnaskari FMS 20011 4

Aarni Heikkilä HyMK 3FnNNN 3

Peter Wall SE 10101 3

Jiri Nieminen SsMK 2dNNN 2

Jukka Nieminen SsMK 00001 1

Margus Mandre EE 1000 1

Erä erältä:

1. Autio, Hautamäki, Pulliainen, Viljanen 63,17

2. Lahti, J.Nieminen, Nyman, Pirttinen 65,65

3. Suojanen, Keskinen, Loppi, Mattila 63,50

4. Heikkilä, Kunnaskari, Wall, Ju.Nieminen 66,70

5. Pulliainen, Suojanen, Nyman, Kunnaskari 65,10

6. Autio, Lahti, Loppi, Wall 63,55

7. Hautamäki, Pirttinen, Mattila, Ju.Nieminen 65,82

8. Keskinen, Viljanen, Mandre, Nieminen d

9. Lahti, Pulliainen, Mattila, Mandre 66,46

10. Autio, Keskinen, Nyman, Ju.Nieminen 66,40

11. Suojanen, Hautamäki, Wall 63,51

12. Loppi, Viljanen, Pirttinen, Kunnaskari 67,70

13. Pulliainen, Keskinen, Pirttinen, Wall 65,36

14. Autio, Mattila, Kunnaskari 67,00

15. Hautamäki, Loppi, Nyman 64,39

16. Suojanen, Lahti, Viljanen, Ju.Nieminen 66,51

17. Pulliainen, Loppi, Ju.Nieminen 65,29

18. Suojanen, Pirttinen, Autio, Mandre 66,82

19. Hautamäki, Lahti, Kunnaskari 64,68

20. Nyman, Mattila, Wall, Viljanen 70,40

Finaali: Hautamäki, Suojanen, Lahti, Pulliainen, Autio 65,07

Tuomari: Harri Heikkilä, katsojia 860.

Good crowd despite the weather. It was cloudy all day, almost raining but not quite. Also the ice hockey match between Finland and USA started at 1815 but still people turned up, surprised me and a few others. For all you that dont understand ice hockey, this was REALLY big and important match in Finlands #1 sport.

Overall nothing spectacular was seen, mostly gate and go. Softest Yyteri track since 2007, been raining quite a lot and it had plenty of grip. Dried out as the meeting passed and with riders coming to terms with it the racing got better. Autio was flying in front, but good not pass even Pirttinen when behind. Hautamäki and Pulliainen struggled early on but ended on a high. Suojanen was absolutely pants last year, but was flying now and should have a good season by the looks of it. Jiri Nieminen and Aarni Heikkilä crashed in heat 8 and Heikkilä was taken to the hospital. It was said at the track that it was a precaution, nothing suspected broken. Nieminen got away with bruises.

Seinäjoki speedway will continue the season this saturday with Katajisto and Siltaniemi adding their input to the proceedings.

Edited by f-s-p

Seinäjoki speedway on saturday May 19th

Kalle Katajisto SsMK 33333 15

Juha Hautamäki SeMK 33233 14

Pasi Pulliainen HyMK 23322 12

Niko Siltaniemi HjMK 32231 11

Mika Loppi SeMK 13321 10

Teemu Lahti KMMK 22213 10

Marko Suojanen PMK R2133 9

Joni Keskinen SeMK 22122 9

Markku Autio KuMaMo 31022 8

Jani Pirttinen SeMK 11311 7

Janne Nyman SsMK 11210 5

Peter Wall SE 00012 3

Aarni Heikkilä HyMK 20RNN 2

Vili Mattila KauhjMK 10100 2

Jarkko Kunnaskari FMS 01001 2

Jouni Viljanen PMK 0d100 1

Erä erältä:

1. Katajisto, Pulliainen, Loppi, Wall 63,72

2. Siltaniemi, Lahti, Pirttinen, Suojanen R 64,81

3. Autio, Heikkilä, Mattila, Viljanen 65,72

4. Hautamäki, Keskinen, Nyman, Kunnaskari 65,00

5. Hautamäki, Siltaniemi, Autio, Wall 63,78

6. Loppi, Keskinen, Pirttinen, Heikkilä 66,88

7. Pulliainen, Suojanen, Kunnaskari, Viljanen d 65,81

8. Katajisto, Lahti, Nyman, Mattila 63,78

9. Pirttinen, Nyman, Viljanen, Wall 68,04

10. Loppi, Siltaniemi, Mattila, Kunnaskari 65,53

11. Pulliainen, Lahti, Keskinen, Autio 65,19

12. Katajisto, Hautamäki, Suojanen, Heikkilä 62,57

13. Suojanen, Keskinen, Wall, Mattila 65,03

14. Hautamäki, Loppi, Lahti, Viljanen 64,28

15. Siltaniemi, Pulliainen, Nyman 65,66

16. Katajisto, Autio, Pirttinen, Kunnaskari 63,81

17. Lahti, Wall, Kunnaskari 63,44

18. Suojanen, Autio, Loppi, Nyman 65,28

19. Hautamäki, Pulliainen, Pirttinen, Mattila 63,90

20. Katajisto, Keskinen, Siltaniemi, Viljanen 64,47

Semi: Pulliainen, Lahti, Siltaniemi, Loppi 64,97

Finaali: Hautamäki, Pulliainen, Lahti, Katajisto R 64,06

Tuomari: Mika Laukkanen, katsojia (EDIT) 160.

Heikkilä riding means he's about OK after his hospital visit. Katajisto rode max from his heats and was challenging Hautamäki for the lead in the final when his chain snapped. Siltaniemi was lost with his setup, but I'm told he did OK after a year on the sidelines after his crash in Germany. Pulliainen and Lahti seem surprising in the final, Autio doing poorly considering that Seinäjoki is the track that is his "hometrack" nowadays, and remembering his riding from thursday. Loppi was surprisingly poor thursday, got better and now doing 10 from his heats shows that he's "still on the path".

I was not there.

Edited by f-s-p

New date for the Varkaus meeting should be set by May 16th.

I'll now crawl back to my corner to wait for something positive to report from Finland. Please could someone bring beer and something to eat on a weekly basis, dont think I'm comin out for a loooooooooooong time. :neutral:

Timo Lahti został zawodnikiem PGE Marmy Rzeszów. Być może młody Fin będzie miał okazję zadebiutować w rzeszowskim zespole już w niedzielnym meczu z Unibaksem Toruń.

20-latek trafił do klubu z Rzeszowa na zasadzie wypożyczenia z Lokomotivu Daugavpils. W piątek Lahti został potwierdzony do startów w PGE Marmie przez Polski Związek Motorowy. Fin ma wziąć udział w piątkowym treningu na rzeszowskim torze.

Oh yeah baby, I'm out from hiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New date for Varkaus is September 2 nd.

ps. Ice cold Stella would do nicely though... Anyone?

Timo Lahti został zawodnikiem PGE Marmy Rzeszów. Być może młody Fin będzie miał okazję zadebiutować w rzeszowskim zespole już w niedzielnym meczu z Unibaksem Toruń.

20-latek trafił do klubu z Rzeszowa na zasadzie wypożyczenia z Lokomotivu Daugavpils. W piątek Lahti został potwierdzony do startów w PGE Marmie przez Polski Związek Motorowy. Fin ma wziąć udział w piątkowym treningu na rzeszowskim torze.

Oh yeah baby, I'm out from hiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheres's Conkers or Iris when you really need them... :drink::party::rofl: They would have posted this so much ever nicely... Providing Conkers has cleaned his gear after T.Lahti outscoting Bomber last monday and Iris just having a good friday night out expecting to see the greateast Finnish prospect in actino since KL...

Edited by f-s-p

Cheers m8! :approve:

I hear Timo Lahti's poor show in Poland was largely to do with his engine breaking down just before the meeting. Considering he did not even have his own bikes there, it was a huge "blow" :rofl: to his chances. Anyway, he did enough during the weekend and is getting another crack at it.

On other news, our U21's sucked at Abensberg today... :o

where was kalle?

Wheres's Conkers or Iris when you really need them... :drink::party::rofl: They would have posted this so much ever nicely... Providing Conkers has cleaned his gear after T.Lahti outscoting Bomber last monday and Iris just having a good friday night out expecting to see the greateast Finnish prospect in actino since KL...

I was away for a few days by the Baltic sea enjoying the sea,sun,bar-b-que and beach babes...... :party: hmmmm must say it was quite a mix of babes and biiiig girls!Anyway couldn't help you much with that order.Strangely we don't get much Stella or Oranjeboom or even what i usedto love in London,Hoegaarden(think it was).We can get Guinness,Killkenny,Newcastle Brown Ale, even Bulmers Cider,but nothing really from neighbouring countries like Belgium,Netherlands or France.In the other direction though they stock Staraporamen + Pilsen from CZ + a few Polish or even Russian beers,but of course being in the land of beer it is mostly German products on sale.I am lately enjoying the Dithmarscher Maibock.Only produced for spring and then they do a super winterbock around about November :t:

Oh and Timo wasn't there in Güstrow!!! Guess the Finns asked him not to risk injury or they wouldn't have had a team at all in Abensberg?

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I was away for a few days by the Baltic sea enjoying the sea,sun,bar-b-que and beach babes...... :party: hmmmm must say it was quite a mix of babes and biiiig girls!Anyway couldn't help you much with that order.Strangely we don't get much Stella or Oranjeboom or even what i usedto love in London,Hoegaarden(think it was).We can get Guinness,Killkenny,Newcastle Brown Ale, even Bulmers Cider,but nothing really from neighbouring countries like Belgium,Netherlands or France.In the other direction though they stock Staraporamen + Pilsen from CZ + a few Polish or even Russian beers,but of course being in the land of beer it is mostly German products on sale.I am lately enjoying the Dithmarscher Maibock.Only produced for spring and then they do a super winterbock around about November :t:

Oh and Timo wasn't there in Güstrow!!! Guess the Finns asked him not to risk injury or they wouldn't have had a team at all in Abensberg?

Was also interesting that Stella was definately the biggest beer in New York...

Timo Lahti spent the whole weekend practising in Rzeszow, thats why he missed both Teterow and Gustrow.

Was also interesting that Stella was definately the biggest beer in New York...

Timo Lahti spent the whole weekend practising in Rzeszow, thats why he missed both Teterow and Gustrow.

Ahh....that's what all the polish stuff was about.Obviously not as good as Hauzinger.He told his Polish club he didn't have time for all that rubbish,going and practicing to show he was good enough :rofl: And maybe you have been reading my posts as i mentioned another rider was asked to do that,but told the Poles he didn't have time.They got beat and the next week he was told to just turn up for the meeting and he would be riding :party:

• Like 1

Ahh....that's what all the polish stuff was about.Obviously not as good as Hauzinger.He told his Polish club he didn't have time for all that rubbish,going and practicing to show he was good enough :rofl: And maybe you have been reading my posts as i mentioned another rider was asked to do that,but told the Poles he didn't have time.They got beat and the next week he was told to just turn up for the meeting and he would be riding :party:

It all depends naturally, Lahti is 19 and been scoring double figures around and beating riders that are established in Poland. A bit like Hausinger I bet...

Though I understand your point exactly. It's just that the money in Poland is ridicolous... If I only spoke/wrote polish...

Yes,i was really looking forward to seeing him.Sure he was in Güstrow last year,but didn't make much impact.Seem to remember him always with a big smile.....Stralsund last year.Also thought Nieminen was supposed to be in Germany(Teterow or Güstrow)this weekend.....another with a lovely smile :rofl:

Seeing as you are a rules man,just how few riders can a team turn up with in Abensberg etc?Guess you can't just turn up with 2 riders and enter?

Yes,i was really looking forward to seeing him.Sure he was in Güstrow last year,but didn't make much impact.Seem to remember him always with a big smile.....Stralsund last year.Also thought Nieminen was supposed to be in Germany(Teterow or Güstrow)this weekend.....another with a lovely smile :rofl:

Seeing as you are a rules man,just how few riders can a team turn up with in Abensberg etc?Guess you can't just turn up with 2 riders and enter?

I know turning up with four causes problems/hassle/paperwork/possibly a fine. Dont think it's any easier if there's only three.

Finnish SM-liiga starts tomorrow at Hyvinkää.

SPEEDWAYN SM-LIIGA 1/8 5.6.2012, KOKOONPANOT:

Haukat: 1) Kalle Katajisto, 2) Jiri Nieminen, 3) Vili Mattila, 4) Mika Pellinen.

Sand Blowers: 1) Jari Mäkinen, 2) Aarni Heikkilä, 3) Niko Siltaniemi 4) Pasi Pulliainen.

Keittiöpiste: 1) Tero Aarnio, 2) Timo Lahti, 3) Teemu Lahti, 4) Marko Suojanen.

Kotkat: 1) Juha Hautamäki, 2) Mika Loppi, 3) Markku Autio 4), Joni Keskinen.

First start 6 pm our time. There is a liveupdate system, but dont know if this meeting is covered. The track at Hyvinkää has been worked on alot during the close season, new top material has been added and the early reports suggest that it's gonna be really good. We'll see tomorrow.