British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Brandonapolis Friday March 16th

Hancock, N Pedersen, F Lindgren, Harris, Nicholls, Kennett, Larsen, Schlein and Ulamek confirmed starters. Line up is looking good!

Wonder who else?

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Long shot but, AJ? Or is that just wishful thinking... :lol:

AJ, Emil, Gollob and Hampel would be nice :lol:.

Summers, Lanham, Roynon, Bunyan, Bager, Number 8 and AN other?

May as well give our team extra track time

All GP riders not contracted to race here for the season should be barred from all of these meetings and places given to the riders who give their services to British clubs.

• Like 2

Hancock, N Pedersen, F Lindgren, Harris, Nicholls, Kennett, Larsen, Schlein and Ulamek confirmed starters. Line up is looking good!

Wonder who else?

It was looking great!

All GP riders not contracted to race here for the season should be barred from all of these meetings and places given to the riders who give their services to British clubs.

We see them all the time, clubs are out to make money and fans will pay to see these riders. Seeing 'big meetings' with the same old riders isn't interesting. Watching the best riders is something that interests me and, based on the fact that crowds swell at line-ups such as this, most other fans too.

• Like 3

It was looking great!

We see them all the time, clubs are out to make money and fans will pay to see these riders. Seeing 'big meetings' with the same old riders isn't interesting. Watching the best riders is something that interests me and, based on the fact that crowds swell at line-ups such as this, most other fans too.

I said the same thing to my mate earlier about Seb and Kenni, I'm also hoping Hans doesn't accept! Hopefully we end the line up with a strong field rather than just filling it.

AJ and Emil next please! Pawlicki would be nice as well!

No complaints from me about the line up. I'm not normally keen on individual meetings but I'll be going to this one.

Pleased Kenni is getting a ride and I know the lady I sit with will be drooling over Seb Ulamek again because he once gave her a hug years ago. :lol:

• Like 2

It seems some people are never happy!

It is not a question of happpiness: I just think that all these riders who snub British speedway should not be employed for a couple of nights just so they can have a practice and testing session for the first GP of the season. They will say up yours to British speedway for the rest of the year unless they get bored around October and there are a few juicy well paid individual meetings going free.

They all love British speedway fans but not give a damn if British speedway goes to the wall.

We should be rewarding the top order riders in the EL before even considering anybody else.

• Like 1

It is not a question of happpiness: I just think that all these riders who snub British speedway should not be employed for a couple of nights just so they can have a practice and testing session for the first GP of the season. They will say up yours to British speedway for the rest of the year unless they get bored around October and there are a few juicy well paid individual meetings going free.

They all love British speedway fans but not give a damn if British speedway goes to the wall.

We should be rewarding the top order riders in the EL before even considering anybody else.

It's the British schedule more than anything else which stops all the stars riding over here. What do the public want to see, Hancock or Klindt for example. Promotions should be applauded for trying to bring in stars for individual meetings considering it may be the only chance to see them live.

No complaints from me about the line up. I'm not normally keen on individual meetings but I'll be going to this one.

Pleased Kenni is getting a ride and I know the lady I sit with will be drooling over Seb Ulamek again because he once gave her a hug years ago. :lol:

I too am not a keen fan fan of individual meetings but will certainly be attending this -- mainly for 2 reasons

1) Scott Nicholls (need I say more?) :P:D

2) It may be the only meeting I make this season at my beloved Brandon Bees stadium :sad:

Rye House /Lakeside --- here I come :blink:

It's the British schedule more than anything else which stops all the stars riding over here. What do the public want to see, Hancock or Klindt for example. Promotions should be applauded for trying to bring in stars for individual meetings considering it may be the only chance to see them live.

It is a matter of individual choice if people want to go or not; also it is an individual thing as to how people feel about the bringing in riders who are not loyal to British speedway. There are riders who manage the GP series, GB, Poland and Sweden. I just see it as a slap in the face to the riders who are loyal to British speedway and I certainly do not applaud any promoter who does it. My personal position is that I will not attend any of these meetings and like it is other people's choice to go, it is the choice of people who feel as I do to not go.

I too am not a keen fan fan of individual meetings but will certainly be attending this -- mainly for 2 reasons

1) Scott Nicholls (need I say more?)

2) It may be the only meeting I make this season at my beloved Brandon Bees stadium

Rye House /Lakeside --- here I come

Don't say you are moving as well? Jacques/Tim are relocating to the Somerset area and because they aren't too keen on P.L. racing will be supporting Poole. :wink: Now that will take some doing. :P SCB has gone back to Wales, I think 21st mostly goes to Birmingham and Wolves these days. All these fans lost to Coventry. :neutral:

Where are you Jacques - it's been 2 minutes already.

Edited by Gemini

Don't say you are moving as well? Jacques/Tim are relocating to the Somerset area and because they aren't too keen on P.L. racing will be supporting Poole. :wink: Now that will take some doing. :P SCB has gone back to Wales, I think 21st mostly goes to Birmingham and Wolves these days. All these fans lost to Coventry. :neutral:

Where are you Jacques - it's been 2 minutes already.

Coventry will never lose me as a fan but due to taking a seasonal job means my local fix will be Rye House or Lakeside and also hope to get to Eastie at some point (days off allowing) got to see Scott race after all!! As for Poole --- well ----- I would prefer to walk to John O Groats in bare feet before supporting them! :wink:

• Like 3