British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Brandonapolis Friday March 16th

Can't believe Jacques hasn't spotted my comments yet. Hope she doesn't before tomorrow night or I might just be in trouble. :D

• Like 1

Don't say you are moving as well? Jacques/Tim are relocating to the Somerset area and because they aren't too keen on P.L. racing will be supporting Poole. :wink: Now that will take some doing. :P SCB has gone back to Wales, I think 21st mostly goes to Birmingham and Wolves these days. All these fans lost to Coventry. :neutral:

Where are you Jacques - it's been 2 minutes already.

Can't believe Jacques hasn't spotted my comments yet. Hope she doesn't before tomorrow night or I might just be in trouble. :D

Too late, you're in trouble.. :D I can't believe you would even suggest such a thing, I've gone all cold and shakey at the mere thought of it... :P

• Like 1

Too late, you're in trouble.. :D I can't believe you would even suggest such a thing, I've gone all cold and shakey at the mere thought of it... :P

Absolutely Jacques, i hear molly has disowned her for even thinking such :P:D

My wish for this event ?

16 riders

20 heats

Top scorer wins

None of this "finish 6th, make a semi-final, end up qualifying for the final and winning that one race"

Not bothered about black leathers, or JAPs, or anything else from the past

Just this !

That's all

• Like 1

Don't say you are moving as well? Jacques/Tim are relocating to the Somerset area and because they aren't too keen on P.L. racing will be supporting Poole. :wink: Now that will take some doing. :P SCB has gone back to Wales, I think 21st mostly goes to Birmingham and Wolves these days. All these fans lost to Coventry. :neutral:

Where are you Jacques - it's been 2 minutes already.

What about me... I'm the other side of the world!!!

All GP riders not contracted to race here for the season should be barred from all of these meetings and places given to the riders who give their services to British clubs.

Is this a joke? What you are saying is they will want to ride a full season in the UK so they get to ride in the Brandonapolis. Doubt it very much!

Is this a joke? What you are saying is they will want to ride a full season in the UK so they get to ride in the Brandonapolis. Doubt it very much!

No joke at all. All riders in meetings other than FIM meetings in this country should be riders contracted to race in this country: I know that many people feel the same way as I do and there have been masses of complaints when teams sign riders who commit only to ride until the GP Series starts for them.

No joke at all. All riders in meetings other than FIM meetings in this country should be riders contracted to race in this country: I know that many people feel the same way as I do and there have been masses of complaints when teams sign riders who commit only to ride until the GP Series starts for them.

I'd rather bring fans through the turnstiles tbh. It's wrong to blame these riders, if our Elite League wasn't so watered down or we had a squad system in place then they'd more than happily ride here.

• Like 1

What about me... I'm the other side of the world!!!

Sorry ....forgot about you. So that's another one lost to Brandon. Not forgetting my other half who defected to Leicester when they opened again. Traitor! :mad: Also another Leicester friend who had to take early retirement so can't afford to go to both tracks now.

......RocketBen1.............. if our Elite League wasn't so watered down or we had a squad system in place then they'd more than happily ride here.

I'm not so sure about that because I doubt if the promoters could afford to have all the 'top stars' riding over here again. And don't forget even in the days when they were all over here the attendances weren't that much higher than they are now at a lot of tracks.

I'd rather bring fans through the turnstiles tbh. It's wrong to blame these riders, if our Elite League wasn't so watered down or we had a squad system in place then they'd more than happily ride here.

Personally I would prefer the squad system and it is workable if the promoters wanted to use it. The clubs might have to provide bikes and mechanics for some riders but they could use the same bikes and mechanics for each pair of squad members who are not racing the full season over here. I am sure a half competant mechanic can record the prefered settings for either rider. I think with two top riders in each team and doubling-up for British riders only, you would have a squad system that could work. I would suggest that if a GP rider was involved that they do not have to ride three days before or after a GP and a non-GP rider would be signed as their cover. You could even work the fixture list so that the away club sees both riders once in the season. If you then have an eighteen home and eighteen away fixture list you can fill the season better and have racing on every week other than the SWC event and the British GP weekend.

One thing I would say and that is that the SWC events should be raced over no more than six days, seven if the first event is in Poland. There is no reason for it to be any longer as the first two events have no relation to each other. You could have the first two events on the Monday and Tuesday (UK/Denmak/Sweden), Sunday and Tuesday (Poland/Sweden) or Sunday and Monday (Poland/UK/Denmark).

Edited by The Little Un

I must admit the squad system is an idea i like, but it has to be the right formula & for the right reasons.

Just imagine as an ie Jonsson sharing No1 with Freddie Lindgren or Fisher sharing a second string with Pawlicki, it could work. When riders are known not to be available due to other commitments there will always be a back up in place.

Edited by cee the bee

This isn't the same thing as signing for a team a few weeks whatsoever. Saying that people don't like that (which I don't, either) does not back up any sort of argument that they shouldn't be involved in individual meetings which help speedway clubs make money because people want to see them !

I must admit the squad system is an idea i like, but it has to be the right formula & for the right reasons.

Just imagine as an ie Jonsson sharing No1 with Freddie Lindgren or Fisher sharing a second string with Pawlicki, it could work. When riders are known not to be available due to other commitments there will always be a back up in place.

is the name of this topic ! :shock:

is the name of this topic ! :shock:

Tell those that began discussing squads then. ;)

The line up here is brilliant. Sod the naysayers. :D

• Like 1