British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Brandonapolis Friday March 16th

Looks a good line up.

theres no way I could agree with the suggestion that riders not riding in the UK should be banned. Look at the bigger picture.

These meetings probably have quite a few different objectives. You want to entice people in to watch, get the locals excited about seeing riders that they might not get the chance to see otherwise (therefore fans make an effort to come along and see for example a favourite who might not be UK based). That brings money in for the club.

Theres also the chance not only for the club to look at riders they might be in a position to entice later in the season but for riders to get a feel of the track and perhaps think more favourably to UK riding or see if a track they have previously felt ok on has now changed on prep and is suddenly a track they despereately want to ride. Ok maybe unlikely but if a top class rider has ridden on a track and enjoyed it there is more chance of him coming over in the future.

As things stand, the meeting line up announced so far looks really competitive and should make good viewing :)

• Like 1

I have no problem with people who look at this differently to me, at the end of the day it is just an opinion and everybody is entitled to their own opinion whether we agree with it or not.

I never understand what all the fuss is about.

If you like the riders lined up go, if not then dont

As a season ticket holder I can't wait to go, exellent that it is included in the price and also in my opinion its a great line up

Don't say you are moving as well? Jacques/Tim are relocating to the Somerset area and because they aren't too keen on P.L. racing will be supporting Poole. :wink: Now that will take some doing. :P SCB has gone back to Wales, I think 21st mostly goes to Birmingham and Wolves these days. All these fans lost to Coventry. :neutral:

Where are you Jacques - it's been 2 minutes already.

I would strongly recomend the racing at The Oak Tree Arena. I have seen some really good racing there on the few occasions I have visited. The big advantage of the PL is you only get to see the visiting teams once unlike the EL where there is a god chance you'll se them 4 times at home.

Jacques/Tim you will also see Swindon at OTA on March 23rd :D :D

I would strongly recomend the racing at The Oak Tree Arena. I have seen some really good racing there on the few occasions I have visited. The big advantage of the PL is you only get to see the visiting teams once unlike the EL where there is a good chance you'll se them 4 times at home.

Sorry for the misunderstanding packerman - it was just a joke. Jacques would no doubt rather stick pins in her eyes than support Poole. :lol: I've been to Somerset twice and love it there. I've got nothing at all against Premier League racing as long as it is racing and not just follow-the-leader stuff like at Leicester my local track. Hopefully the racing will be better this season with the changes made to the track and a different person preparing it. We'll see.

Regarding perhaps seeing visiting teams 4 times in the E.L. We only got to see Poole and some others once at Coventry last season - the downside of the new system. :sad:

Edited by Gemini

I would strongly recomend the racing at The Oak Tree Arena. I have seen some really good racing there on the few occasions I have visited. The big advantage of the PL is you only get to see the visiting teams once unlike the EL where there is a god chance you'll se them 4 times at home.

Erm, you see half the league twice in both leagues. Koc and play off aside but you get them in both leagues.

Plus I can't get my head around this seeing more teams thing, you see the same 7 home riders all year, don't you get bored of that? What about the GPs with 15 riders the same? If its he best arguement for PL vs EL then it's a bit rubbish.

Jacques/Tim you will also see Swindon at OTA on March 23rd :D :D

Ha ha, sadly we won't have moved then ..........

Sorry for the misunderstanding packerman - it was just a joke. Jacques would no doubt rather stick pins in her eyes than support Poole. :lol: I've been to Somerset twice and love it there. I've got nothing at all against Premier League racing as long as it is racing and not just follow-the-leader stuff like at Leicester my local track. Hopefully the racing will be better this season with the changes made to the track and a different person preparing it. We'll see.

Regarding perhaps seeing visiting teams 4 times in the E.L. We only got to see Poole and some others once at Coventry last season - the downside of the new system. :sad:

See what trouble you cause.. :P Packerman, it was a joke, ( not a very good one I agree) :lol: We will definitely be visiting the OTA when we move ..and Poole only when the Bees are there!

See what trouble you cause.. :P Packerman, it was a joke, ( not a very good one I agree) :lol: We will definitely be visiting the OTA when we move ..and Poole only when the Bees are there!

I know. Sometimes I think I should just stick to farming. :icon_smile_clown:

Anyone know the cost to get in?

think its £17

free if you have a coventry season ticket

Anyone know the cost to get in?

You going mate?

Cos apparently we are only going if you guys are :D

I have no problem with people who look at this differently to me, at the end of the day it is just an opinion and everybody is entitled to their own opinion whether we agree with it or not.

I agree with your sentiments . but it's done now and they have turned their backs on british speedway . what I think we should be concentrating on now is ensuring there's no repeat of Jason Crump syndrome in a few years by shutting down the commonwealth apprenticeship system we have been running for the last few years ,

what I think we should be concentrating on now is ensuring there's no repeat of Jason Crump syndrome in a few years by shutting down the commonwealth apprenticeship system we have been running for the last few years ,

I would appreciate a little help with this as I'm not sure I understand.

You going mate?

Cos apparently we are only going if you guys are :D

And so it begins. Long gone are the days when you could make your own mind up!! :lol::P

• Like 3