British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
under16watcher

2011 British Under 16's Speedway 500cc Champion

this may explain it more as broke down the cost if we rode at buxton each week. total mileage is 476 miles at £7.50 per gallon. 32 miles to the gallon- 15gallon x 7.50 per gallon=£112.50 1 gallon of fuel(methanol) £7.50 -1 litre of oil £12 -and one tyre £45 so a total of £177 for the meeting minus 10 pence per mile from the club. £47.60 return without any money from points scored. so £177 for the day cost and a return of £47.60 so loss of £129.60. i hope this helps as we want to ride anywhere but at this price we just cant afford to do it this each week.

Where did you get £7.50 - 1 litre of oil !!!!! :cry: you are paying way too much. you have got to shop around as i can get 4 litres of castrol r40 racing oil for £25

Unfortuneatly in your 1st year of N L Racing I dont know anyone who can truley say that they make a proffit. In this game its spend spend spend!!!!! when he is in a team he will gain more experiance to progress further :D

Good write up about Nathan Stoneman in this weeks Speedway Star, hope it helps him to get a team place

Where did you get £7.50 - 1 litre of oil !!!!! :cry: you are paying way too much. you have got to shop around as i can get 4 litres of castrol r40 racing oil for £25

Unfortuneatly in your 1st year of N L Racing I dont know anyone who can truley say that they make a proffit. In this game its spend spend spend!!!!! when he is in a team he will gain more experiance to progress further :D

Even on EBay 1 ltr of Castrol R40 starts at £10.80

Wheres your oil coming from is off the back of the lorry that has just gone up the hill :blink:

Edited by CMO

Good write up about Nathan Stoneman in this weeks Speedway Star, hope it helps him to get a team place

Even on EBay 1 ltr of Castrol R40 starts at 310.80

Wheres your oil coming from is off the back of the lorry that has just gone up the hill :blink:

I think you meant £10.80 per litre. If you use Race Lubricants on www.racelubricants.co.uk it is £31.75 for 4 litres and free carriage on orders over £150.

Excellent company to deal with. There might be cheaper companies but I haven't found one yet.

Even on EBay 1 ltr of Castrol R40 starts at 310.80

Sorry but its not off the back of a lorry, I buy it in bulk which works out cheaper, also i can claim back vat so it does work out at £25 for 4ltrs :t::party:

Just a few notes on costs, ihave been involved with a junior rider since last summerYOU CAN FIND ITEMS CHEAP IF YOU LOOK!! Ii can get 4 litres of Castrol R40 for £30 free delivery, chains proper ones £15each no vat,ihave just bought 5H/L type clutch plates £15 each on ebay.Carcleaner..good stuff..Wurth less than £4 a tin it just takes time to find it. It IS OUT THERE>

I meant carb cleaner!!

Happy hunting