British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Anglia Junior League - Fixtures & Results Only!

Hope the mods don't mind me starting this.... but although there is a general discussion thread on the AJL thought it would be worth having somewhere where all the match results can be placed.

I am happy to post all the Mildenhall match details, if maybe Mimmo could deal with Kings Lynn and parsloes with Lakeside? All we need then is Rye House, Ipswich and Peterborough.

First piece of fixture news is that the Kings Lynn will hold their first AJL meeting v opponents to be advised, after their press and practise day on Wednesday 21st March!

Best news of the winter to see the AJL back in my opinion, long may it prosper.

Hope the mods don't mind me starting this.... but although there is a general discussion thread on the AJL thought it would be worth having somewhere where all the match results can be placed.

I am happy to post all the Mildenhall match details, if maybe Mimmo could deal with Kings Lynn and parsloes with Lakeside? All we need then is Rye House, Ipswich and Peterborough.

First piece of fixture news is that the Kings Lynn will hold their first AJL meeting v opponents to be advised, after their press and practise day on Wednesday 21st March!

Best news of the winter to see the AJL back in my opinion, long may it prosper.

Is it right that that AJL match at the Norfolk Arena after P&P not to start until 8pm..? Seems rather late..?

That is what the press release on the BSPA site said.

Also it is worth noting mate that it is only 6 heats, so should be over by 9pm?

That is what the press release on the BSPA site said.

Also it is worth noting mate that it is only 6 heats, so should be over by 9pm?

Yes very true but long way to go for just that but (perversely...: you know me! :oops: ) - wouldn't mind if it was, say, a 6pm start..!

Yes very true but long way to go for just that but (perversely...: you know me! :oops: ) - wouldn't mind if it was, say, a 6pm start..!

When you are talking about amateur riders, the 20:00 start probably allows for them to finish work and get to Compost Corner.

PS: Why do we need a separate fixtures and results list? Surely the splendid Live Updates team will do the business?

Edited by Lovey

Just to let people know at the mo i am building a website for AJL. I dont know if i will have it ready for the start of the season but i will do during. I am planning on having results for each 3 leagues and hopefully some videos and other useful items on the web. I will keep people updated on what I have done and when the website is ready to go live etc. I hope all this helps

Any fixture details for Lynn yet?

Fixtures have been done up to end of June for all clubs so expect them to publish their fixtures shortly. Had hoped to complete the list in total in last ten days but have been laid low with an almighty grotty bug which has led me to spend more time in bed than out of it!

Just to confirm that the primary purpose of this Anglian Junior Development league, and indeed it's Midland equivalent, is seen as a chance to provide track opportunities for youngsters who are looking to 'move up the ladder' as it were and are hoping to, when ready, move into the NL and ultimately further.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Thanks Bryn! I'll just have to keep a look out for them :)

When you are talking about amateur riders, the 20:00 start probably allows for them to finish work and get to Compost Corner.

PS: Why do we need a separate fixtures and results list?  Surely the splendid Live Updates team will do the business?

If we knew when they are and texters are willing...then yes!It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack trying to find the list of fixtures for both leagues.

It's a good idea to have a SEPARATE thread for AJL fixtures and results. It would be a good idea if similar leagues also set up threads for their results and fixtures.

The Elite League action Lakeside Hammers against Wolverhampton gets underway at the Arena Essex Raceway on Friday April 20 with the parade of riders scheduled for 7.45pm and first race at 8pm.

There will also be an Anglian Junior League match that sees the Young Hammers take on Rye House and that will be over six heats starting at 6.45pm.

Unfortunately tonights meeting between Peterborough Thundercats v Mildenhall Fen Tiger Cubs postponed due to waterlogged track. New date to be arranged.