British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Anglia Junior League - Fixtures & Results Only!

AJL Witches v King's Lynn Lightning follows Sackers Witches v Newcastle on thursday 3rd May:

AJL Ipswich Witches

1. Niall Strudwick, 2. Joe Graver, 3. Martin Knuckey , 4. Adam Portwood

Team manager: Pete Simmons

King's Lynn Lightning

1. Tom Stokes, 2. Jake Williams, 3. Lewis Rose, 4. Liam Rumsey

Team manager: Wayne Dunworth

If anyone can provide info about the riders, e.g. age, where from, experience, etc. I would be very grateful. Please PM, and then maybe we could trade e-mail addresses. :)

Edited by Lovey

Niall Strudwick is, I am certain, a cousin of Lee Strudwick, the former Wimbledon and Rye House (NL) rider, Niall used to practice at Plough Lane after the meeting in 2004 and 2005 when about 14 years of age, If I am wrong I am sure my old pal P1928nearly will soon correct me. Niall has in the past couple of years posted some good stuff on the Defunct Speedways website - a lot of it devoted to Crystal Palace.

Niall Strudwick is, I am certain, a cousin of Lee Strudwick, the former Wimbledon and Rye House (NL) rider, Niall used to practice at Plough Lane after the meeting in 2004 and 2005 when about 14 years of age, If I am wrong I am sure my old pal P1928nearly will soon correct me. Niall has in the past couple of years posted some good stuff on the Defunct Speedways website - a lot of it devoted to Crystal Palace.

Niall is indeed Lee's cousin. I understand that though spelt 'Niall' it's pronounced 'Neal': at least this is what I was once told!

Niall appeared in Wimbledon second halves from as early as 2004 - as speedyguy says.

Niall was even track reserve (got a couple of outings..) in the 2005 Conference Pairs..

A meeting about which I REALLY should learn not to even mention slightly in a posting on this Forum!!! :oops::P

Actually Niall did once ride for a winning 'team' at Wimbledon in the only 4TT staged there '02 to '05 in Sept. '05:

Scott’s Speedsters 28 (Scott James 10; Grant MacDonald 10; James Clement 7; Rob Smith 1; Niall Strudwick 0);

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly
  • Like 1

AJL Witches v King's Lynn Lightning follows Sackers Witches v Newcastle on thursday 3rd May:

AJL Ipswich Witches

1. Niall Strudwick, 2. Joe Graver, 3. Martin Knuckley , 4. Adam Portwood

King's Lynn Lightning

If anyone can provide info about the riders, e.g. age, where from, experience, etc. I would be very grateful. Please PM, and then maybe we could trade e-mail addresses. :)

Information about Liam Rumsey is available on the Long Eaton Invaders website under Riders Profies. I am sure that information about Tom Sokes will be available on the BSPA website under Riders Index.

Information about Liam Rumsey is available on the Long Eaton Invaders website under Riders Profies. I am sure that information about Tom Sokes will be available on the BSPA website under Riders Index.

it does, but disappointingly, the A-Z has not been updated at all for anyone for 2012...

AJL Ipswich Witches

1. Niall Strudwick, 2. Joe Graver, 3. Martin Knuckley , 4. Adam Portwood

Knuckey not Knuckley I believe.. Rode two matches last season for the Newport Hornets in the NL. Hails from St. Austell and a former mascot for that much missed Cornish side, the Trelawney Tigers

Niall is indeed Lee's cousin. I understand that though spelt 'Niall' it's pronounced 'Neal': at least this is what I was once told!

Niall appeared in Wimbledon second halves from as early as 2004 - as speedyguy says.

Niall was even track reserve (got a couple of outings..) in the 2005 Conference Pairs..

A meeting about which I REALLY should learn not to even mention slightly in a posting on this Forum!!! :oops::P

Actually Niall did once ride for a winning 'team' at Wimbledon in the only 4TT staged there '02 to '05 in Sept. '05:

Scott’s Speedsters 28 (Scott James 10; Grant MacDonald 10; James Clement 7; Rob Smith 1; Niall Strudwick 0);

I knew you would come up trumps on something to

Good old P1928nearly. I knew you would come up trumps with more details about Niall Strudwick.

The Lakeside Hammers return to action at the Arena Essex Raceway this Friday evening, 4th May, in style with a mouth-watering clash with the Poole Pirates.

The Elite League action is due to get underway on Friday at 8pm, but prior to that, at 6.45pm, the Young Hammers are scheduled to meet the Mildenhall Tiger Cubs in an Anglian Junior League match.

Preview Update: Rockets vs Plymouth (Saturday, May 5th 2012)

The Rye House Silver Ski Rockets will aim to finally get their home League Cup programme off the ground – and the Plymouth Devils their away fixtures – when the two sides meet at Rye House this Saturday, with a 7pm start.

The main 15 heats are set to be followed by a further six, as the Pocket Rockets meet their Lakeside counterparts in the Anglian Junior League.

King's Lynn beat Mildenhall 22-11 in last night's fixture. I can provide heat details when I get home this evening if anyone wants them.

Nick Laurence top scored for the Lightning with 9 (3 ride max).

King's Lynn beat Mildenhall 22-11 in last night's fixture. I can provide heat details when I get home this evening if anyone wants them.

Hi Speedball,

Do you have the heat winning times for all six races please?

Thanks

Mike

AJL Ipswich Witches

1. Niall Strudwick, 2. Joe Graver, 3. Martin Knuckey , 4. Adam Portwood

King's Lynn Lightning

I can help with the dates of birth:

Niall Strudwick = 29th May 1990

Joe Graver = 22nd October 1996

Martin Knuckey = 4th September 1992

Adam Portwood = 1st July 1995

Tom Stokes = 23rd April 1994

Jake Williams = 23rd March 1995

Lewis Rose = 3rd September 1989

Liam Rumsey = 10th July 1989

Cheers

Mike

I can help with the dates of birth:

Niall Strudwick = 29th May 1990

Joe Graver = 22nd October 1996

Martin Knuckey = 4th September 1992

Adam Portwood = 1st July 1995

Tom Stokes = 23rd April 1994

Jake Williams = 23rd March 1995

Lewis Rose = 3rd September 1989

Liam Rumsey = 10th July 1989

Cheers

Mike

Brilliant as ever Mike!

I've known you for, what, over 10 years now and I STILL don't know how you know everyone in the western world's date of birth!!!! :wink:

Brilliant as ever Mike!

I've known you for, what, over 10 years now and I STILL don't know how you know everyone in the western world's date of birth!!!! :wink:

Ah, but I don't know Pete Simmons dob!!

Yes please speedball that would be good.I only have heats 1-4 and a couple of timescheers

Yes please speedball that would be good.I only have heats 1-4 and a couple of timescheers

Phil,

Heat 1: Bates, Mountain, Williams (15 metres), Graver 65.10 3-3

Heat 2: Laurence, Strudwick, Rose, Govier. 67.50 4-2 (7-5)

Heat 3: Laurence, Mountain, Graver, Strudwick 5-1 (12-6)

Heat 4: Govier, Rose, Williams, Bates (NS) 3-3 (15-9)

Heat 5: Mountain, Graver, Williams, Strudwick 4-2 (19-11)

Heat 6: Laurence, Rose (Fell), Govier (Fell), Bates (NS) 3-0 (22-11)

Unfortunately the tannoy in the main stand was abysmal to say the least, and trying to hear Edwin Overland was almost impossible, and couldn't hear the race winning times for Heats 3-6 inclusive. It would have helped a bit if someone turned the music off whilst he's talking.

I believe our next home fixture is against Lakeside on the 30th May following the Young Stars v Isle of Wight fixture, so hopefully we'll see another evening where the majority of the public remain to see the AJL match.

Do you by any chance know whether it was a league or challenge match last night?

Cheers mate, and have a good one on Sunday.

Mike