British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Anglia Junior League - Fixtures & Results Only!

2/5 v Mildenhall (H) 7+1

30/5 v Lakeside (H) 9

31/5 v Peterborough (A) 6

2/6 v Rye House (A) 9

4/7 v Peterborough (H) 11+1

19/8 v Mildenhall (A) 9

Andy Mountain 6 18 51 2 53 11.78

As far as I'm aware, we've still got to ride at Ipswich (Home & Away) plus a home meeting against Rye House, and I think one of those is happening after the Stars v Belle Vue meeting tonight.

There was no AJL meeting at King's Lynn tonight.

Lakeside Young Hammers' final AJL match of the season home to Rye House Pocket Rockets this Friday (31/8). 7pm start time (BEFORE the main Lakeside vs. Poole EL match).

Teams are (NB. in alpha NOT riding order):

Young Hammers: Mark Baldock; Jack Kingston; Martin Pearce

Pocket Rockets: Connor Coles; Bradley Tokeley; Danno Verge

Result from Lakeside tonight:

Lakeside Young Hammers 17 (Mark Baldock 7+2 [PM]; Jack Kingston 9 [M]; Martin Pearce 1)

Rye House Pocket Rockets 7 (Danno Verge 4; Joe Exley 2; Adam Briggs 1+1)

1) Kingston; Baldock; Verge; Exley 65.2 [5-1]

2) Kingston; Exley; Briggs; M. Pearce NS 64.7 [8-4]

3) Baldock; Verge; M. Pearce; Briggs 67.3 [12-6]

4) Kingston; Baldock; Verge; Exley 65.2 [17-7]

KING'S LYNN v IPSWICH (AJL) - 5th September 2012

Following an evening of disappointment at the Norfolk Arena as all and sundry watched the clubs chances of reaching the play-off's at senior level more or less evaporate, the 'Lightening' were on hand to bring some smiles back on their faces.

Following the presentation of the league championship trophy to the Norfolk club, they set about about trying to defend their unbeaten run of meetings by making it eight our of eight against local rivals Ipswich.

The Suffolk outfit provided the sternest test of the campaign, and played a huge part in what was a highly entertaining meeting, enjoyed by a sizeable crowd that had stayed on. But the champions were in no mood to be beaten by their local rivals, and fully deserved their 22-14 victory.

No end of people asked me why there was not a race sheet available for this meeting, and in fact at previous AJL meetings, but I'm afraid you are asking the wrong person, and I take offence at the one gentleman (and you know who you are) who verbally abused me over the matter. Please direct your questions to the promotion, I'm just a face in the crowd like everyone else.

Finally, somebody said to me that they thought having father and son (Andy & Connor Mountain) take to the track together, was a first in British Speedway. It wasn't, because Reg & Eddie Reeves did so many years ago, but can anybody remember if there were others? I know it's happened with the Southern Track Riders.

KING'S LYNN 22

1. Andy Mountain (3-FD-3) = 9

2. Connor Mountain (FD-1-N) = 1

3. Tom Stokes (3-3-3) = 9

4. Lewis Rose (2*-3-1) = 6+1

(Team manager: - Wayne Dunworth)

IPSWICH 14

1. Joe Graver (2-2-2) = 6

2. Josh Bailey (1*-2-1*) = 4+2

3. Adam Portwood (1-1*-2) = 4+1

4. Sean Phillips (0-0-0) = 0

(Team manager: - Kevin Jolly)

1. Mountain (A), Graver, Bailey, Mountain © - FD 3-3, 3-3 Race Awarded

2. Stokes, Rose, Portwood, Phillips 5-1, 8-4 64.29

3. Rose, Bailey, Portwood, Mountain (A) - FD 3-3, 11-7 64.93

4. Stokes, Graver, Mountain ©, Phillips 4-2, 15-9 63.83

5. Mountain (A), Portwood, Bailey, Mountain © - NS 3-3, 18-12 64.63

6. Stokes, Graver, Rose, Phillips 4-2, 22-14 64.41

That just leaves one home fixture remaining against Rye House, which I presume will probably take place on the 10th October following the National League match between the two clubs. However, it's understood that there might be a challenge match next Wednesday with visitors possibly being Milton Keynes.

KING'S LYNN v IPSWICH (AJL) - 5th September 2012

Following an evening of disappointment at the Norfolk Arena as all and sundry watched the clubs chances of reaching the play-off's at senior level more or less evaporate, the 'Lightening' were on hand to bring some smiles back on their faces.

Following the presentation of the league championship trophy to the Norfolk club, they set about about trying to defend their unbeaten run of meetings by making it eight our of eight against local rivals Ipswich.

The Suffolk outfit provided the sternest test of the campaign, and played a huge part in what was a highly entertaining meeting, enjoyed by a sizeable crowd that had stayed on. But the champions were in no mood to be beaten by their local rivals, and fully deserved their 22-14 victory.

No end of people asked me why there was not a race sheet available for this meeting, and in fact at previous AJL meetings, but I'm afraid you are asking the wrong person, and I take offence at the one gentleman (and you know who you are) who verbally abused me over the matter. Please direct your questions to the promotion, I'm just a face in the crowd like everyone else.

Finally, somebody said to me that they thought having father and son (Andy & Connor Mountain) take to the track together, was a first in British Speedway. It wasn't, because Reg & Eddie Reeves did so many years ago, but can anybody remember if there were others? I know it's happened with the Southern Track Riders.

KING'S LYNN 22

1. Andy Mountain (3-FD-3) = 9

2. Connor Mountain (FD-1-N) = 1

3. Tom Stokes (3-3-3) = 9

4. Lewis Rose (2*-3-1) = 6+1

IPSWICH 14

1. Joe Graver (2-2-2) = 6

2. Josh Bailey (1*-2-1*) = 4+2

3. Adam Portwood (1-1*-2) = 4+1

4. Sean Phillips (0-0-0) = 0

(Team manager: - Kevin Jolly)

1. Mountain (A), Graver, Bailey, Mountain © - FD 3-3, 3-3 Race Awarded

2. Stokes, Rose, Portwood, Phillips 5-1, 8-4 64.29

3. Rose, Bailey, Portwood, Mountain (A) - FD 3-3, 11-7 64.93

4. Stokes, Graver, Mountain ©, Phillips 4-2, 15-9 63.83

5. Mountain (A), Portwood, Bailey, Mountain © - NS 3-3, 18-12 64.63

6. Stokes, Graver, Rose, Phillips 4-2, 22-14 64.41

That just leaves one home fixture remaining against Rye House, which I presume will probably take place on the 10th October following the National League match between the two clubs. However, it's understood that there might be a challenge match next Wednesday with visitors possibly being Milton Keynes.

To answer my own question about father/son partnerships, I've just discovered that in August 1964, Wilf Jay aged 51 rode for Sheffield against Long Eaton with sons Alan and Derek both in the Tigers septet, now that must be a record!!!

To answer my own question about father/son partnerships, I've just discovered that in August 1964, Wilf Jay aged 51 rode for Sheffield against Long Eaton with sons Alan and Derek both in the Tigers septet, now that must be a record!!!

And you're also forgeting my very good friend (but NOT a relative!!) 'Gentleman' George Barclay who rode in the same team as his son Terry at Sunderland and on one occasion for Crayford too!!!

And you're also forgeting my very good friend (but NOT a relative!!) 'Gentleman' George Barclay who rode in the same team as his son Terry at Sunderland and on one occasion for Crayford too!!!

DOH, how on earth could I have missed that one, like you I often speak to George, and was doing so only last Sunday. Could it be that I've developed the Bryn disease.....AGE!!

WEDNESDAY 10th October 2012

King's Lynn v Rye House (AJL)

KING'S LYNN 16

1. Andy Mountain (2,3) = 5

2. Connor Mountain (0,2*,3) = 5+1

3. Adam Kirby (3,2*,1) = 6+1

RYE HOUSE 8

1. Danno Verge (1,1,0) = 2

2. Connor Coles (3,F) = 3

3. Josh Bailey (1,0,2) = 3

(Team manager: - John Sampford)

1. Coles, A.Mountain, Verge, C.Mountain 2-4, 2-4 (65.16)

2. Kirby, C.Mountain, Bailey, Coles (Fell) 5-1, 7-5 (67.29)

3. A.Mountain, Kirby, Verge, Bailey 5-1, 12-6 (64.69)

4. C.Mountain, Bailey, Kirby, Verge 4-2, 16-8 (67.89

Nice to see plenty of interest from fans regarding the junior leagues.

Pity the Speedway Star couldn't be bothered to do the same instead of devoting 3 pages to grass track & whole pages of the same ads every week. Philip Rising etc please take NOTE.