British Speedway Forum
chris naylor

Engine Advice

hello

could anybody give me some advice on why im getting oil coming through the exhaust ???

( i got told 2 different answers yesterday )

1= too much oil?

2= carb flooding?

what difference if any would a bigger primary chain do??

You can discount the primary chain idea.

Do you mean your exhaust is smoking from burning oil?

You can discount the primary chain idea.

Do you mean your exhaust is smoking from burning oil?

the primary chain issue is just that i have been given a new one but its bigger than the one im using at the moment ,!!!!

the bike does smoke sometimes but the oil is coming through the end of the silencer ,not loads but you can see oil out the end !!!!

the engine has been serviced about 8 amature races done !!!

Did your engine smoke and have oil in the exhaust pipe before it was serviced ? If not find out what was checked & what work was performed by the person who serviced the engine

As Lavlamp correctly states only worn valve guides or valve stems or worn piston rings or cyclinder bore will allow oil to progress through

Edited by fredbogge

thanks for all these replies

im not sure if bike smoked or let oil through before service!!! i brought bike and had it serviced straight away , the only problem was new piston and rings, bearings , gaskets !!! i asked the guy who serviced it sunday and he said it was the carb flooding or overfilling off oil ?????

thanks for all these replies

im not sure if bike smoked or let oil through before service!!! i brought bike and had it serviced straight away , the only problem was new piston and rings, bearings , gaskets !!! i asked the guy who serviced it sunday and he said it was the carb flooding or overfilling off oil ?????

if you had new piston and rings and you are not really opening the bike up then the piston rings wont bed in.... get someone to have a few hard laps on it!!