British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Amutuer Speedway League

Just to let people know at the mo i am building a website for ASL. I dont know if i will have it ready for the start of the season but i will do during. I am planning on having results for each 3 leagues and hopefully some videos clips of the racing every so oftern, and other useful items on the web. I will keep people updated on what I have done and when the website is ready to go live etc. I hope all this helps

• Like 1

Just to let people know at the mo i am building a website for ASL. I dont know if i will have it ready for the start of the season but i will do during. I am planning on having results for each 3 leagues and hopefully some videos clips of the racing every so oftern, and other useful items on the web. I will keep people updated on what I have done and when the website is ready to go live etc. I hope all this helps

Great stuff Michael ,

just a update on the website. I have been working like mad to get it ready for April. I should be able to make the website go live shorlty in April. Before the easter weekend. I am still trying to find out about the Anglian league ie team line ups and when the teams are racing. If any one can help be greatfull.

There was an Anglia Junior League in 1953. I found some details on the Speedway Researcher site when looking up Rayleigh.

Their team included Pete Mould, Eric Ebbs and Bert Little.

just a update on the website. I have been working like mad to get it ready for April. I should be able to make the website go live shorlty in April. Before the easter weekend. I am still trying to find out about the Anglian league ie team line ups and when the teams are racing. If any one can help be greatfull.

when I spoke to Bryn Williams who is the league co-ordinator this was still being sorted

Is there going to be a history section on the website recalling past leagues of this type? There was a Junior League of sorts in the mid-1930s and certainly one in the 1949 season.

when I spoke to Bryn Williams who is the league co-ordinator this was still being sorted

Bryn's the AJL co-ordinator..?!! :shock:

Oh blimey, I'm gonna have to start giving him lifts again!! :P

Is there going to be a history section on the website recalling past leagues of this type? There was a Junior League of sorts in the mid-1930s and certainly one in the 1949 season.

Challenging enuff to find out what's happening THIS year!! Though I'm sure Michael would be grateful for the history stuff if you can provide it..! Worth mentioning (er, again!) at this juncture that the last winners of the AJL (in '83, so certainly qualifies as 'history'!) were Crayford!! :approve:

Please can one of the moderators rename the topic correctly. Amateur Speedway Leagues.

I know not everyone pays attention to spelling or grammar, but being a teacher it drives me mad every time the title.

Credibility for these leagues starts at this stage.

• Like 1

These leagues are officially designated as Regional Speedway Development Leagues. I will be releasing full official details of the Anglian League once everything is finalised.

Edited by Bryn

If these leagues are officially designated as Regional Speedway Development Leagues, pray tell me where I can find it, that it says it? :o

Start a new thread with the title Regional Speedway Development Leagues then, but please drop the dreadful title that is presently used. ;)

If these leagues are officially designated as Regional Speedway Development Leagues, pray tell me where I can find it, that it says it? :o

Start a new thread with the title Regional Speedway Development Leagues then, but please drop the dreadful title that is presently used. ;)

Come on old chum, get off your high horse I daresay you are not the only academic on this site.

I think you mean; 'where can I find where it says that'

i might have an area of history in the website so please all info will be great. The section on the website will be Anglian League, Midlands Dev League, Northern Junior League. Photos, videos and Links. Under the sections will be team line ups, News, Fix & Res, League Table. I have plans as the season goes on or next year. I am doing this in my own time and it all takes time so thats why i hope to have it ready for April. The other reason its taking time is beacuse trying to find out info about whats going on its quite hard. I think come next year it will be so much better as this year its all new.

Although being commendable for trying to pull all the information together, the likes of Long Eaton, Mercia Vikings and Halifax all have their own websites which already do this for the MDL.

I would still like to know where they are officially designated as Regional Speedway Development Leagues?

Professionalism and dynamism are key factors these days, both compliment each other and are not rushed Michael, just like pleasure.

Keeping up is hard work and if you want to keep it up, you must push harder Michael.