Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Amutuer Speedway League

Do I detect a touch of censorship here? I think my comments were reasonable. Obviously they are not. I am sorry to have offended. All I want is to try and establish why there should be a website for a very junior speedway competition. I don't think that's unreasonable.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Hmm, not sure I really understand the question! People start up websites for all sorts of things - and certainly perfectly normal thing to do so for a sporting league competition or similar..: however 'junior' that may be..

One could argue the more junior or amateur something is, the more a website devoted to it is needed. After all, one can find out info. about, say, a major Premier League football team easily enough in all sorts of printed & TV media but if you wanted to find out about Bethnal Green United in the Essex Senior, a website set up by that club or its supporters would be almost the only accessible place to get that info.!

And thus it is with these junior leagues. Can't imagine the BSPA site giving info. on riders or results or stats so Michael's website should be warmly welcomed...

• Like 1

Totally agree with Parsloes.If someone wants to take the time and effort to set up a site,i fail to see why it should be questioned.Just hope a bit of care is taken over it,as i was quite taken aback by the thread title,but wasn't into taking a pop at someone for a spelling mistake

• Like 1

Totally agree with Parsloes.If someone wants to take the time and effort to set up a site,i fail to see why it should be questioned.Just hope a bit of care is taken over it,as i was quite taken aback by the thread title,but wasn't into taking a pop at someone for a spelling mistake

Agree 100% with that

Just an update. Its all go. i have brought a webname and also got a company to host it. They said it should go live in 48hrs as from Wednesday night at 8pm or less could be 24hrs. As soon as i have seen it live i will put the website address on here. I have built the website but still needs info on the site. the website is still in early parts but as the season goes on it should get better. And for next year it should be even better.

Just an update. Its all go. i have brought a webname and also got a company to host it. They said it should go live in 48hrs as from Wednesday night at 8pm or less could be 24hrs. As soon as i have seen it live i will put the website address on here. I have built the website but still needs info on the site. the website is still in early parts but as the season goes on it should get better. And for next year it should be even better.

What website are we talking about? You already have two other threads going? Is this a third?

I don't think I can wait 48 hours, I do hope you have a used spell checker...

I endorse your comments. I am waiting with "baited breath" as they say to see what turns up website-wise based on what we have so far seen as AJL threads on here.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

As highlighted in a previous post even the most pedantic aren't immune to the odd gramatical 'pecadillo'.

I endorse your comments. I am waiting with "baited breath" as they say to see what turns up website-wise based on what we have so far seen as AJL threads on here.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Oh dear, first Blazeaway now another critic of the spelling errors, manages to spell a word incorrectly!

It's "bated" breath of course!! :P

Oh dear, first Blazeaway now another critic of the spelling errors, manages to spell a word incorrectly!

It's "bated" breath of course!! :P

Bated breath and baited breath. Obviously the former 'bated' would be correct, but it's a debaitable (joke!) or accepted as a debatable topic. Parsloes will enjoy this link http://www.dailywritingtips.com/waiting-with-bated-breath/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Bated breath and baited breath. Obviously the former 'bated' would be correct, but it's a debaitable (joke!) or accepted as a debatable topic. Parsloes will enjoy this link http://www.dailywrit...h-bated-breath/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Indeed, Jack, for a fan of semantics like I am, that link is almost enough to mass-debait over!!!! :P:lol:

What website are we talking about? You already have two other threads going? Is this a third?

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Just a few hours to countdown and all will be revealed.

We are now nine hours into the start of Easter and waiting for the appearance of this website! How much longer are we to be kept on tenterhooks in regard to it?

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

We are now nine hours into the start of Easter and waiting for the appearance of this website! How much longer are we to be kept on tenterhooks in regard to it?

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Have a hot cross bun to take your mind off it!!

• Like 2