British Speedway Forum

Well Birmingham lost in the Midland league to Wednesfield who like to win at all costs. I had a outing in reserve in the 2nd team and picked up a couple of points in my first meeting. Had training last night as train Tuesday and Thursday and getting the gating sorted. Brum have got Sheffield at home this weekend in the first Elite League meeting.

Hi Rich - assume you know Mark Winwood? If so have a word, he's arranging for some riders to come along to Leicester on the 28th for a div 3 match, we should have several riders making their debuts for us. We use this as a development league and taking part not winning is what it's all about so not like your Wednesfield match at all!!!!!

April 10, 2012

HORSPATH v WEDNESFIELD

http://www.cyclespeedway.tv/

Watch and enjoy. What a nicely laid out track and surrounds.

i've only just seen this cycle speedway thread but it certainly is getting a lot of attention. I last saw a meeting in the 1950s, my local team was the famous Kent side Welling Wings. Sadly gone and probably forgotten? The link posted was good and if you scroll down there's quite a few more meetings to view apart from the one given.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

i've only just seen this cycle speedway thread but it certainly is getting a lot of attention. I last saw a meeting in the 1950s, my local team was the famous Kent side Welling Wings. Sadly gone and probably forgotten? The link posted was good and if you scroll down there's quite a few more meetings to view apart from the one given.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Have a look at this Jack;

http://www.cyclespeedwayhistory.org.uk/

Lots of info about old teams here including the Wings!

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Have a look at this Jack;

http://www.cyclespee...history.org.uk/

Lots of info about old teams here including the Wings!

Here's all the available data on Welling Wings.

http://www.cyclespeedwayhistory.org.uk/583.shtml

Hi Rich - assume you know Mark Winwood? If so have a word, he's arranging for some riders to come along to Leicester on the 28th for a div 3 match, we should have several riders making their debuts for us. We use this as a development league and taking part not winning is what it's all about so not like your Wednesfield match at all!!!!!

Hi mate, yeah I know Mark I should see him on Sunday. I will have a word with him and see what he says. I know what you mean and it is good to Leicester are not like that. It was stupid the 2nd match as it is mostly kids and novices like me and Wednesfield put a couple of guys in who have riden a little while and so they went out ahead battling with each other.

Some of the lads are off to Poland on Monday as they are representing Birmingham in a Euro Club Championship. I am not sure what teams are going to be there but I know it will be a mix of British and Polish sides battling it out.

Hi mate, yeah I know Mark I should see him on Sunday. I will have a word with him and see what he says. I know what you mean and it is good to Leicester are not like that. It was stupid the 2nd match as it is mostly kids and novices like me and Wednesfield put a couple of guys in who have riden a little while and so they went out ahead battling with each other.

Some of the lads are off to Poland on Monday as they are representing Birmingham in a Euro Club Championship. I am not sure what teams are going to be there but I know it will be a mix of British and Polish sides battling it out.

Yep, went there for the last Euro Championships, Heardy was my lads team partner in the England team. Difficult place to go and get any sort of result I can tell you! Hope to see you at Slater St soon.

How international is cycle speedway?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

Does anyone have a full list of countries where the sport takes place please?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

You have most of it covered there raceleader, Sweden, Ukraine and Russia can probably be added but at a very low level and New Zealand are just in the process of getting organised with the help of the Aussies

In the mid 60's wee,Granton Griffins Scotland rode in Hilversum against the Hollandsche Welpen. Dutch Lions. Different as it was on tarmac using road tyres.

Great visit,i went back a year later with a buddy hitch hiking but the hut we were going to kip in was gone. We then negotiated a deal at the nearby Amstelhuis.

The reformed Newcastle Cycle Speedway team are today taking on Edinburgh at Edinburgh, taking to the track 20 years since their last meeting.

The reformed Newcastle Cycle Speedway team are today taking on Edinburgh at Edinburgh, taking to the track 20 years since their last meeting.

I am sure we would all like to see an update on this meeting with names and scorers please. What league competition is this?

Here's an excellent look back to an early times Newcastle-Edinburgh cycle speedway clash. And loads more about defunct speedway proper tracks to be found on the actual website, so do please browse there as well. Here's the cycle speedway link

http://www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Here's an excellent look back to an early times Newcastle-Edinburgh cycle speedway clash. And loads more about defunct speedway proper tracks to be found on the actual website, so do please browse there as well. Here's the cycle speedway link

http://www.newcastle...speedway.co.uk/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

I found this a really absorbing cycle speedway site and a fantastic record of Newcastle and area cycle speedway over many years. However, I do not think that it is anyway linked to a motorcycle speedway website for Newcastle Speedway.