British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
duffyscouse

Tom Armstrong

Scunthorpe's new Aussie had a debut to forget, after crashing out in Heat 11 of the Kenny Smith Memorial Trophy on Friday night. After cutting outside Simon Lambert impressively , his bike shed its primary chain sending Tom over the handle bars into the safety fencing. After a long spell of treatment on track, Tom spent time in intensive care, with broken ribs and a broken shoulder, though the bigger concern was bleeding in the lungs. Thankfully Tom is now on a regular ward in better spirits, a lot of pain and plotting his return to racing. We wish Tom a speedy recovery and send our best regards

Hope Tom makes a swift recovery, I saw him riding for the Birmingham Bulls against Stoke and I was well impressed with him. He's another young aussie with alot of talent.

So sad this has happened to him in his first meeting for Scunthorpe. :cry:

Latest news - Tom is in pretty good spirits and expects to be moved out of icu today to a regular ward - He is plotting his escape to Sunny Bottesford as I type ;-)

Go Tom !

What dreadful luck for Tom to suffer injuries like this during his debut for the Scorpions. Get well soon Tom.

All the best

Rob

Good news on Tom that he is improving so quickly-Get well soon Tom we need you back asap. The air in Bottesford is not the best to take in and recuperate , far better in the North of the county where we have wind mills and shale mountains. :lol: