British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Who Will Win The '7-12 Trophy' !

It will be like winning the league cup for a poor team like Liverpool to win.. Stupid idea!

Where do Liverpool ride?

Where do Liverpool ride?

Slough. ;)

No idea, no-one knows who will be in it yet.

OK months on....... questions unanswered and i'm guessing i know the popular response to the last one lol.

1. Is this competition actually going to take place only absolutely zilch on the BSPA site, particularly in their 'Premier League Table' section which only details the play-offs for the top six teams.

2. Will it have a name??? Noooooo! Noooooo! you can NOT call it the '7-12 Trophy' lol.

3. Does any speedway fan care about it? (awwww i thought it a good idea to keep interest in the end of the season for the less fortunate teams).

1. What's the rush? Don't need it sorting until everyone has done their PL matches - so end of August / Sept

2. Obviously

Have you ever known a professional or even amateur sport not to give a name to a competition? Do you not think it looks very poor for the sport to issue a press release detailing a competition and not have a name for it!

3. Nope

Guess i'm in the minority but i thought it was a good idea as it maintains some form of competitive interest for all teams. Certainly the actual race for the play-offs will do that for many teams, and i felt this was an extra touch that in theory keeps teams racing to the end.

Have you ever known a professional or even amateur sport not to give a name to a competition? Do you not think it looks very poor for the sport to issue a press release detailing a competition and not have a name for it!

Yeah, but there's more important issues with Speedway atm than worrying about the name for the end of season 'losers cup'. They'll probably just use the Young Shield for it. As for other sports - although now on the up internationally, there's dates on the 2012/13 snooker calendar which haven't yet got a date, venue, or name confirmed yet! (One of which is in August). Point is - lack of a name isn't something worth panicking over.

Guess i'm in the minority but i thought it was a good idea as it maintains some form of competitive interest for all teams. Certainly the actual race for the play-offs will do that for many teams, and i felt this was an extra touch that in theory keeps teams racing to the end.

It's a good idea, but on the whole, I don't think anyone's really bothered who wins it.

It's a good idea, but on the whole, I don't think anyone's really bothered who wins it.

I'm sure fans attending the final (surely some would???) wouldn't be able to stay mute and suppress an encouraging cheer.

Can Minimax race cards not sponsor it?? ;)

Hee, Hee, Chuckle, Chuckle.

I've done the calculations and there is a problem in doing so. Based on the value attached to it by fans i've worked out the competition's worth. Unfortunately, the smallest coin i have in my pocket right now is a whole pound coin. I'd give that on the understanding that it's a multi-year sponsorship, however, one can't be sure the competition will be in place next year.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! progress at last. The competition does exist it's finally been referred to in several club columns in the Speedway Star this week.

Also, it's stated that it will likely be named the 'Premier Challenge Trophy'. I knew the Mayans were wrong and the world does not end this year and this is proof.

UPDATE

I don't visit the Premier League section of the forum that often and i've just seen that someone started a new thread on the same subject which i was unaware of. I only just saw it when i used the view more threads link (prefer the layout of the old forum in that aspect, i'm sure there were more threads in the previous view? and i don't usually go clicking away to view more).

Edited by manchesterpaul