British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Get Well Havvy - What Next For Redcar?

Thought this needed a new topic rather than just at bottom of report, but his Mrs has confirmed Broken shoulder, collar-bone plus a few other problems.

He is talking which is great for him.

But obviously means Redcar will have to sign a replacement for him until he is fully fit, which I am sure he will be in due course.

Can't see to much out there but maybe Chris Schramm becomes a realistic option although we have over 8 to play with given how much we were under overall points.

That's bad.. I really admire speedway riders... the injuries they have to endure are horrific...

Get well soon!

I'd just like to offer my BEST wishes to Gary. A tremendous servant to Redcar. Let's hope that he is up and about again soon.

This is a disasterous start to the Season for the 'Bears' it is mirroring last year at Newcastle at the moment. I do hope this will not be the case, and that this will be the last of the injuries.

I hope that Matej Kus is improving too.

Best of luck to the 'Bears' for the rest of the Season.

Just to add my best wishes to Gary and his recovery. Ironically he has started the season so well, with his best appearance at Brough for many a year.

Hope this is the end of their probs.

Terrible news and very unlucky for both rider and club, wishing Havvy all the best and hope he is on the mend very soon.

You obsessed with getting rid of rob after 3 matches??...

Get well soon Havvy.

Maybe RedcarRacer is also taking into consideration Branfords results from last season as well.

Get well soon Havvy!

Just seen Garys accident on BBC Look North,not nice.Hopefully Garys recovery will be a short one and we see him back leading the Redcar Bears.

Just seen Garys accident on BBC Look North,not nice.Hopefully Garys recovery will be a short one and we see him back leading the Redcar Bears.

Agree it was a nasty one... Derek Sneddon was lucky to walk away from the crash too

Agree it was a nasty one... Derek Sneddon was lucky to walk away from the crash too

You`ve got to feel for Snedden,looked completely helpless in trying to avoid Havelock.

update on Havvy

Havvy's scan showed no spinal or neck injuries. Severe nerve damage to shoulder, being transferred to Leeds hospital

• Like 1

You`ve got to feel for Snedden,looked completely helpless in trying to avoid Havelock.

Almost a replay of the avoidence he had to do last year, when Lemmo was brought off by Grajczonek at Brough in the TV meeting.

All my thoughts go to Gary Havelock and his family after what sounds a truely awful crash. Get well soon Havvy!!

I hate to hear of Rider getting bad injuries hope havey is ok and get's well soon would be a sad way if he had to finish speedway this way

Sad News about Gary, really hero to Redcar fans as well as been a local lad that the fans can relate to him and he relate to him. Lets hope that he can a make a full recovery.