British Speedway Forum
Phil

Forum And Server Speed.

Hi,

Due to the speed issues I will be moving to a new server and upgrading the forum.

With Easter weekend being a busy time for speedway I am goign to delay this until Wed 11/04/2012 / Thu 12/04/2012.

Phil

Update...

Hopefully do the server upgrade Thursday night.

Anything we can do to help meantime Phil?

I take it the forum will be down for those 2 days?

I don't think so, really frustrated with it and I know I am letting people down here.

Should not be down for the whole day (or night) as needs to coincide with the American time zone for support hours)

Financial and Payroll year end at work means it is hectic for us, so no time allowed off work and sill doing nights and weekends gutting mums bungalow but that is getting close to finishing now.

Not your fault Phil. You can only do your best and you obviously have a pretty heavy workload.

• Like 1

you aren't letting anyone down mate

you know where we are if we can help out

• Like 1

I don't think so, really frustrated with it and I know I am letting people down here.

Should not be down for the whole day (or night) as needs to coincide with the American time zone for support hours)

Financial and Payroll year end at work means it is hectic for us, so no time allowed off work and sill doing nights and weekends gutting mums bungalow but that is getting close to finishing now.

It's not your fault , and i'm sorry if on occasion i've made a joke about the speed of the forum . Hopefully the changes will restore the BSF to it's former glory .

Cant even imagine how you think you are letting anyone down!

You offer us a free forum which up to the last few months has been top notch.

And now you have identified that the speeds are not working you are doing something to help all of us.

Like Paulco - I mention the speed but its more to keep you and others advised on how its operating for us. Frustrating but not your fault!

I think we can all be patient and wait until you have the time to make the changes. And we thank you very much for doing this.

Oh and for the record - logged i straight away tonight! Think that's called SODS LAW! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Speeds fine for me.

Only slight problem is the double posting.

Seems to vary at different times of the day . Seems fine at the moment , but around half nine/ten o clock this morning , i gave up .

Appreciate your time and efforts Phil... It depends on the time of day... Tonight it's pretty decent

I echo comments you aren't letting anyone down. It's a superb free service that you provide for the sport of Speedway. Sincerest thnaks and praise for the BSF.

Wish you the best of luck on Wednesday night through to early hours Thursday?

Edited by manchesterpaul

To be fair the only people he is letting down are the people who pay to advertise on here.

You can only begin to imagine the despair is was in when i wanted to find meself a nice spreadsheet for last weekends GP to fill in whilst watching.Only to be left in limbo until the GP was nearly over.Page wouldn't load and i couldn't workout what was happening over in New Zealand. totally spoilt it for me Loooool

You can only begin to imagine the despair is was in when i wanted to find meself a nice spreadsheet for last weekends GP to fill in whilst watching.Only to be left in limbo until the GP was nearly over.Page wouldn't load and i couldn't workout what was happening over in New Zealand. totally spoilt it for me Loooool

I see whilst i've been away all winter you still haven't aged enough mentally to be able to use the Speedway forum for making genuine comments on a topic or participating in grown-up discussions on the sport.

Have you really been waiting all those months since the first couple of days since last November, whilst i've been sunning myself, to return to your inane comments about programmes and spreadsheets? I see you still haven't found anything to fill your life with other than scouring the forums looking for pet hates or people you dislike and pouncing on any comment they make.

Well sorry Iris but i suggest you try and get used to it, there are many thousands of people out there who like to fill in a match programme at the track or a spreadsheet/scoresheet at home. You can continue to hunt down comments and topics regarding scorecards and programme fillers etc and snipe away, i can assure you though, you won't make a single person refrain from doing something they wish to do. Do try get over it, there's a good chap. It's becoming quite a bore and droll amusement to see you pop up with your non-constuctive comments all over the forums.

Actually your reference to the forum having problems loading brings bad news for you......can you handle it?.......i forgot all about the slow forum speed problems and despite that the racecards were flying off the servers in record numbers*......oh dear what will you do? there seems to be more people than ever deciding to fill in a scorecard.

*Maybe, fortunately most fans must have the MiniMax Racecard page already bookmarked.

Oh well life goes on (not surprisngly) and i wish you lots of enjoyment this season. I even thank you for when you are behaving rationally and provide some excellent information in the International section in particular.

I echo comments you aren't letting anyone down. It's a superb free service that you provide for the sport of Speedway. Sincerest thnaks and praise for the BSF.

Wish you the best of luck on Wednesday night through to early hours Thursday?

I still have long delays when entering the forum. Also long wait when posting a message. I have noticed up to a five minute wait to post, the message does not transmit. Yet when I close down on the message then reopen it has arrived?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy